Connect with us

NEWS

Bill Cosby Thanks His Celebrity Supporters

Published

on

While the media is running wild with the new sex abuse allegations, Bill Cosby is keeping busy on social media.

The 77-year-old took to Twitter on Wednesday morning to thank Jill Scott and Whoopi Goldberg, who have both defended Cosby over his recent sex abuse scandal. The tweets are just one of very few comments made directly by the comedian.

Screen Shot 2014-12-03 at 11.41.30 AM

Last week, following a series of tweets regarding Cosby’s relationship with Temple University, Scott tweeted.

“Oh ok. So they’ve proven the alleged allegations? I didn’t know. Will they also be giving him back the millions he’s donated.” She added, “U know Bill Cosby? I do child and this is insane. Proof. Period.”

Screen Shot 2014-12-03 at 11.52.27 AM

Screen Shot 2014-12-03 at 11.52.34 AM

 

And last month, Goldberg suggested that she was skeptical of some of the allegations made by one of the several alleged victims, Barbara Bowman, who never went to authorities to address the matter. “Perhaps the police might have believed it, or the hospital,” she said. “Don’t you do a kit when you say someone has raped you,” The View host said.

She later added, “Quite honestly, look, I’m sorry, having been on both sides of this where people allege that you do something — it doesn’t matter now. The cat is out of the bag, people have it in their head. have a lot of questions for the lady. Maybe she’ll come on. It’s more than awkward — it’s a tragedy,” she said. “Either 13 women were raped by someone too powerful to face the criminal justice system or an innocent man is being falsely accused.”

On Tuesday morning, a new alleged victim filed a lawsuit against the 77-year-old, claiming that Cosby sexually molested her when she was 15-years-old around 1974. According to the lawsuit, Bill attempted “to put his hand down her pants, and then taking her hand in his hand and performing a sex act on himself without her consent.”

NEWS

Meghan Markle Is Headed Back To The Small Screen…Kinda

Published

on

Meghan Markle may have left USA’s Suits after seven seasons, but the actress’ likeness will be making it’s way back to a TV very soon. Lifetime has announced that it’s planning a film based on Markle and her soon to be husband, Prince Harry’s whirlwind romance.

The cable network, known for it’s biopics, made the announcement on Sunday at the Television Critics Association winter press tour.

“And before the wedding of the year takes place between Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, Lifetime will debut a movie revealing how the stars aligned for this royal romance,” said Lifetime’s head of programming Liz Gateley.

Harry & Meghan: The Royal Love Story  (working title) will trace Prince Harry and Markle’s relationship from the day they met to the overwhelming media attention surrounding their eventual engagement, which was announced in November. It will also touch on their courtship after they were set up by mutual friends and depict Markle’s life as a divorced American actress.

Menhaj Huda, who helmed an episode of E!’s fictional Royal Family series The Royals is on hand to direct. Casting is currently underway.

No official date has been announced, but given Lifetime’s track record, fans should expect the movie to release a few days before the couples May 19 wedding. Back in 2011, Lifetime aired William & Kate: The Movie just days before the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge married on April 29.

 

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

Instagram

Facebook

Advertisement

Trending

%d bloggers like this: