Trina Braxton Joins ‘Sister Circle’ … Find Out Which Host Just Got Fired!

A new sister is joining Sister Circle!

HipHollywood has learned exclusively that Kiana Dancie has been fired as a host of the daytime TV talker and is now being replaced by Trina Braxton.

Parent company Tegna made an official announcement on Monday about Braxton joining the show, but did not mention Dancie’s firing.

“From her musical roots as part of the legendary Braxton sisters and continuing to star with her famous family on Braxton Family Values, Trina brings a unique perspective to Sister Circle with her honest and candid perspective on relationships, motherhood, and managing it all,” said Lisa Kridos, vice president of original programming and development, Tegna, in a statement.

The announcement also only mentions hosts Rashan Ali, Syleena Johnson and Quad Webb-Lunceford.

HipHollywood reached out to producers at Sister Circle and Dancie’s reps but did not receive a comment back. We’re told show producers wanted to “move in a different direction for season 2”.

The R&B singer and star of WEtv’s Braxton Family Values has been a guest host on the show several times, most recently filling in for Rashan Ali on August 2nd and for host Syleena Johnson back in May.

Sister Circle airs in 12 Tegna markets and on cable network TV One at noon ET. The show is produced by WATL Atlanta and reaches 60% of U.S. TV households.

1. Stacy

August 21, 2018 at 10:10 AM

I’m not sure why they made the choice of Trina as a replacement. The many times she appeared on the show, she absolutely brought NITHING to the show. She was normally quiet and didn’t provide any substance.

• Joy r white

August 21, 2018 at 6:51 PM

Ok…she sat there and added nothing

2. Sonya farmer

August 21, 2018 at 1:57 PM

This is very upsetting! I like Kiana.The other ladies seem to leave her out. You want to focus on the singer. Who was a trouble maker on her last show! Quad who has a record but want to act like she’s more than others! Please! The show just lost a viewer. I saw this coming! Kiana did like the rest. Showed what she was doing. They appear jealous! Cancel the show!!!! You just showed how you value people. Shame! Support black people! Right…

3. Annette

August 21, 2018 at 5:10 PM

I didn’t know Kiana was fired. I noticed how the others seemed to only tolerate her, especially, Rashan Ali. I had already quit watching I’m glad she kept her voice. Good luck, Kiana in future endeavors. You did a fine job on Sister Circle. The hypocrisy of it all,thise with eyes to see saw the ostracism of thee Kiana Dancie by other co hosts. I don’t see l9ngevity for this show, either way I won’t be watching.

4. Lori

August 21, 2018 at 6:08 PM

I’m not watching anymore cuz this is some straight up BULL!!

5. Yolunda Richardson

August 21, 2018 at 7:00 PM

I’m very disappointed and saddened about Kiana Dance leaving the show, and even though I like the other co-hosts she was definitely my favorite. I didn’t really enjoy the shows when Trina were on them, I found her to be very boring. Kiana brought a certain piazza to the show. I don’t think the show is gonna do as well I for one won’t be watching it the way I use to, I would do all I could not to miss a show and if I missed in the morning, I’d catch it late night.I really felt the 4 of them made a fantastic team. I thought they had a real sisterhood, I even imagined them being really good friends and hanging out together after work. I definitely think this was a HUGE MISTAKE !!!!!# mad as hell # very sad # poor replacement choice

6. Meshell

August 22, 2018 at 8:45 AM

I also felt that Trina added nothing to the show…… I love Kiana … her and Syleena are the best 2 ……. I really think y’all are messing up by doing this…… so much for my morning show.. I will not be watching this anymore…… #BringKianaBack….. Good Luck Kiana, When One door closes, you better believe God will open another one.. Love You Kiana

7. Jameisha Lewis

August 22, 2018 at 9:09 AM

I will not be watching. When Trina was on before she was boring and brought nothing to the conversation. Bring Kiana back I like her she was real.

8. Jn Turn

August 22, 2018 at 12:53 PM

Very very disappointing. Kiana and Rashan are my favorite although I love them all. They had very good chemistry together. They removed the video of Kiana announcing her leaving the show from their youtube channel because the subscribers were expressing their distaste for this poor decision. I have been watching the show since its debut but today was my first time not tuning in. I can’t even watch it anymore after knowing they did Kiana this way.
    She was so real and dressed so awesome.

9. Janelle

August 23, 2018 at 3:42 PM

If they wanted to get rid of one of the hosts then they should’ve gotten rind of QUAD because she is HORROBLE! She dresses like she’s going to the club, she talks over EVERYONE like a know-it-all and that Southern Drawl…Good LORD! The show is already all over the place and by bringing in Trina, it’s just going to get WORSE!

10. Ruffin

August 24, 2018 at 11:41 AM

I could always detect when there was tension in the air ….You could always tell when there was tension between quad and Selena it’s so sad they got rid of the wrong one I like quad but she had a lot of issues and it always showed on the show

11. Sonya

August 27, 2018 at 2:32 PM

I think everyone should be giving a fair shot( Trina ). I don’t know what the issues were with Kiana. But Trina is our sister also. We have to stand strong and support one another that’s the only way we’re going to get anywhere.Give her a chance and let her show you what she brings to the table. You never know. She may just surprise you. Go ahead Trina shoot them with your best shot!!!! From your sister (PPP) Possessing Positive Power Sonya

• Libby

August 30, 2018 at 4:09 PM

I agree; don’t hate on Trina because she got a job. Wasn’t her fault the other lady was fired!!

12. Paulette Rose

August 27, 2018 at 6:19 PM

Had no idea they would replace Kiana!! Adding Trina maybe! Replacing don’t think so!! I like Trina but she is quiet on this show!! I wish she and Kiana the best along with the other women!!!

13. Warren

August 27, 2018 at 7:12 PM

What really happened to Kianna? She is the real deal! All of a sudden she gone? For what? The rest of the panel doesn’t even seem to care, oh as long as you’re there making money? Y’all are not the truth!
    Kianna, showed the real in the show, not pretending. What? Was it her gap? Loved it, showed true to the game and not pretending. Oh, she did not show the image you were looking for.
    This Braxton chick is trash! When I viewed your show Monday, I was not impressed! The other ladies have a little Gena say Qua! Braxton chick simple.
    I hope it works out, but I will not be watching any longer.

14. LisaG

August 28, 2018 at 10:05 AM

I am truly disappointed to see “Kiana” MIA on the Sister Circle. I cannot believe they replaced her. Nothing against Trina. Just saying…

15. Sharon Cherry

August 29, 2018 at 2:10 PM

I really enjoy seeing kiana dancie on Sister circle and she did a great job, a little disappointed to see she was fired, but I wish her much success, and I do like her replacement Trina Braxton!

16. Delilah

September 11, 2018 at 12:09 AM

What a horrible mistake in removing Kiana from the show. Very poor judgement by the producers. Kiana had a sweetness about her. Loved her independence as a single, strong Black woman. I have removed the show from my playlist.

17. TPearson

September 16, 2018 at 6:50 PM

I was sad to see Kiana missing from the show. Ladies please stop talking over one another. Trina you have to start speaking up. Quad and Syleena are very loud and vocal so Trina you will have to speak up. When you are announcing yourself, I can barely hear you. I will continue to support just pleas ladies allow everyone to speak.

18. TPP

September 22, 2018 at 9:12 PM

I have been watching the show since the beginning of the first season. I love the concept and I enjoy seeing guest that you may not see on main stream talk shows. With that said, I would like to see more professionalism. Also allow each cast member to speak. When you talk about what you did the night before, I actually like this concept, however some times the conversation carries on much too long. This prevents the other cast member (mainly Trina) limited to no time for input on her night. Also there is way too much side bar speaking and over talking. One person makes a joke and it carries on into the next segment. I love that Miss. Quad likes Syleena singing, however the praises go on much too long and it appears fake after a while. I am in agreement with you that Syleena has an amazing voice. One of the few singers we have today that can perform without the “studio” help. Also, Syleena is a singer, why can’t she write and sing an intro song. It would take away the awkwardness when the show first comes on. Trina has to find her voice soon because we are forgetting you are on the show. I will continue to watch and support.

19. Nancy nance

September 27, 2018 at 10:55 PM

Trina Braxton is annoying and goofy. And that stupid wannabe accent she has just makes me sick, they should have kelp kiana dancie if they wanted to get rid of one of the ladies it should have been Quad