Felony charges have officially been dropped in the latest Trey Songz domestic violence case.
As previously reported, the r&b crooner turned himself into officials last month after a woman named Andrea Buera, claimed he hit her while at a party in Angeles during NBA All Star Weekend.
The Los Angeles District Attorney, however, is now rejecting the felony criminal charges. According to reports, Songz’s lawyer, Shawn Holley, was able to get witnesses to corroborate the singer’s account, which was contradictory to the victim’s.
Apparently, Trey’s team was also able give other information that questioned the credibility of Buera.
According to the woman, Trey grew irate when he spotted her talking with another man at the soiree back in Februaruy. After allegedly unleashing on her, she went to the hospital where she was treated by doctors.
Although felony charges were dropped, this still may not be the end for the singer, who could get slapped with a misdemeanor domestic violence charge.
As for how the accuser and her attorney, Lisa Bloom, will move forward; Bloom tells HipHollywood that “celebrities too often get a pass in our legal system. We will press on for justice in the criminal court, and in the family law court where our domestic abuse case is filed.”
On Sunday, Trey posted a cryptic message on Instagram appeared to be in response to the ruling. “God told me not to worry, I said ok.” On Friday, he also tweeted: “No weapon.”