Ice Cube stopped by the Real Time with Bill Maher on Friday to promote the release of his ‘Death Certificate: 25th Anniversary’ edition, but instead, the rapper rose up and schooled the talk show host on why he can’t use the N-word.

Earlier this month, Maher referred to himself as a “house n*gga” when asked by Sen. Ben Sasse to come “work in the fields” of Nebraska. Many celebrity guests backed out of their scheduled appearances because of the controversial remark, but Cube had other plans.

Here are four drive-home statements the rapper made during his appearance.

This was bound to happen: “I knew you were gonna f*ck up sooner or later,” Cube said. “I love your show, you got a great show, but you’ve been bucking up against that line a little bit. You’ve got a lot of black jokes … Sometimes, you sound like a redneck trucker.”

You aren’t familiar: “I still think you need to get to the root of the psyche because I think there’s a lot of guys out there who cross the line because they’re a little too familiar, or they think they’re too familiar. Or, guys that, you know, might have a black girlfriend or two that made them some Kool-Aid every now and then, and then they think they can cross the line … and they can’t.

That’s our word, you can’t have it back: “You know, it’s a word that has been used against us. It’s like a knife, man. You can use it as a weapon or you can use it as a tool. It’s when you use it as a weapon against us, by white people, and we’re not going to let that happen again … because it’s not cool … That’s our word, and you can’t have it back.”

It feels like a knife: “It’s not cool because when I hear my homie say it, it don’t feel like venom. When I hear a white person say it, it feel like that knife stabbing you, even if they don’t mean to.”

Following the ignorant remark, Maher released a statement apologizing … he later backed that up also on Friday telling guest Michael Eric Dyson, author and professor of sociology at Georgetown, that he “did a bad thing” and that while “it was not said in malice, it caused pain and that’s why I apologized. I’m not that big of an asshole.”

1. Charles Brown

June 12, 2017 at 10:30 AM

Ice Cube told the truth and that’s that.

2. Stanley L

June 12, 2017 at 11:07 AM

I think black should call each other the n word dr. King work to hard for that and other
    I don’t like to be call that by no one I am African American period.
    My name is not dog are g r blood I go bye my giving name.

• Steve

June 12, 2017 at 12:33 PM

Yo Niggah …. Learn to write …..

• Angelia McGary

June 15, 2017 at 9:40 AM

Articulate!

3. EazyMoney

June 12, 2017 at 1:21 PM

Is it acceptable if you put the H at the end?

4. Carmen

June 13, 2017 at 11:54 PM

First of all, the word “Nigger” is NOT ours. We didn’t come up with that. Black men are brainwashed. Slave masters repeatly told us “You are a Nigger!” so much now black men believe “I AM A NIGGER”. SO SAD!! Second of all Bill Maher is NOT racist. He said he was sorry, now move on. He wasn’t threatened to lose his job, he did it right away, he acknowledged he mucked up.

5. Leta Landry

June 13, 2017 at 11:55 PM

• dezter

June 20, 2017 at 5:55 AM

Shut the fuck up! House nigga

6. D

June 14, 2017 at 11:10 PM

Yeah… you had better apologize…

Eniko Hart Slays On First Red Carpet Since Giving Birth; Hear What Kevin Hart Had To Say!

Kevin Hart may be the star in the family, but it’s his wife Eniko Hart who stole the show during the premiere for his flick “Jumani: Welcome To The Jungle”.

Getty Images

It was Mrs. Hart’s first red carpet since giving birth to the couple’s first child, Kenzo Kash, just three weeks ago. To say it was a snapback is an understatement. The 30-year-old, who worked out during her entire pregnancy, look sexy and svelt in a elegant black number while her superstar hubby hit the carpet in a black suit with white trim.

Although the couple faced some bumps in the road earlier this year with Kev being extorted over a video showing him cheating on his wife, the couple has bounced back. And on Tuesday night’s jungle-themed red carpet Hart told HipHollywood, “My wife is amazing. I would not be the person I am today with out her.”

You can see Kev, alongside Dewayne “The Rock” Johnson, Jack Black and more, when “Jumani: Welcome To The Jungle” hits theaters on December 20th.