Ice Cube stopped by the Real Time with Bill Maher on Friday to promote the release of his ‘Death Certificate: 25th Anniversary’ edition, but instead, the rapper rose up and schooled the talk show host on why he can’t use the N-word.

Earlier this month, Maher referred to himself as a “house n*gga” when asked by Sen. Ben Sasse to come “work in the fields” of Nebraska. Many celebrity guests backed out of their scheduled appearances because of the controversial remark, but Cube had other plans.

Here are four drive-home statements the rapper made during his appearance.

This was bound to happen: “I knew you were gonna f*ck up sooner or later,” Cube said. “I love your show, you got a great show, but you’ve been bucking up against that line a little bit. You’ve got a lot of black jokes … Sometimes, you sound like a redneck trucker.”

You aren’t familiar: “I still think you need to get to the root of the psyche because I think there’s a lot of guys out there who cross the line because they’re a little too familiar, or they think they’re too familiar. Or, guys that, you know, might have a black girlfriend or two that made them some Kool-Aid every now and then, and then they think they can cross the line … and they can’t.

That’s our word, you can’t have it back: “You know, it’s a word that has been used against us. It’s like a knife, man. You can use it as a weapon or you can use it as a tool. It’s when you use it as a weapon against us, by white people, and we’re not going to let that happen again … because it’s not cool … That’s our word, and you can’t have it back.”

It feels like a knife: “It’s not cool because when I hear my homie say it, it don’t feel like venom. When I hear a white person say it, it feel like that knife stabbing you, even if they don’t mean to.”

Following the ignorant remark, Maher released a statement apologizing … he later backed that up also on Friday telling guest Michael Eric Dyson, author and professor of sociology at Georgetown, that he “did a bad thing” and that while “it was not said in malice, it caused pain and that’s why I apologized. I’m not that big of an asshole.”

1. Charles Brown

June 12, 2017 at 10:30 AM

Ice Cube told the truth and that’s that.

2. Stanley L

June 12, 2017 at 11:07 AM

I think black should call each other the n word dr. King work to hard for that and other
    I don’t like to be call that by no one I am African American period.
    My name is not dog are g r blood I go bye my giving name.

• Steve

June 12, 2017 at 12:33 PM

Yo Niggah …. Learn to write …..

• Angelia McGary

June 15, 2017 at 9:40 AM

Articulate!

3. EazyMoney

June 12, 2017 at 1:21 PM

Is it acceptable if you put the H at the end?

4. Carmen

June 13, 2017 at 11:54 PM

First of all, the word “Nigger” is NOT ours. We didn’t come up with that. Black men are brainwashed. Slave masters repeatly told us “You are a Nigger!” so much now black men believe “I AM A NIGGER”. SO SAD!! Second of all Bill Maher is NOT racist. He said he was sorry, now move on. He wasn’t threatened to lose his job, he did it right away, he acknowledged he mucked up.

5. Leta Landry

June 13, 2017 at 11:55 PM

• dezter

June 20, 2017 at 5:55 AM

Shut the fuck up! House nigga

6. D

June 14, 2017 at 11:10 PM

Yeah… you had better apologize…

Tamar Braxton Insists Divorce Isn’t A PR Stunt: I Think That’s Disgusting

Tamar Braxton is adamant that her divorce from husband Vince Herbert is not a ratings ploy for her WE tv reality show Tamar & Vince. The Braxton Family Values star stopped by The View on Friday, February 23 and addressed rumors that the split is just a plot line.

“I wish I could say that a lot of times it’s made up, just so I can hide behind the truth,” she said. “But in this situation, I absolutely have no reason to lie about my marriage or the things that are happening in my marriage for ratings. I think that’s disgusting and I would never sell my soul to the devil like that.”

“I have a regular marriage, and in regular marriages, like everybody else, things happen,” she continued. “In my marriage, it was just to a point where I felt like divorce was the only option that I had left. I definitely filed for divorce — that’s not a lie.”

Braxton, 40, and Herbert, 45, share a 4-year-old son, Logan Vincent — and she says he’s their main priority.

“I think the bigger picture of everything is that we have a responsibility to my amazing 4-year-old son, to raise him in the most comfortable, amazing, loving, secure household that we can,” she said, adding, “That’s why we don’t live together.”

Braxton — who was joined by Herbert on air — also addressed the rumor that Herbert had impregnated another woman. (Last month, in a since-deleted Instagram post, Braxton claimed an unidentified woman told her that “Vincent Herbert is having a baby,” and that Herbert had then called Braxton “begging and lying” despite a “protection order.”)

“Here is the thing about people being in your business: keep people out your business,” said Braxton. “And let me just address the meltdown that I had on Instagram. That was my fault that I put myself in a position where I opened up the floor for people to give their opinions on my marriage, and I have to take responsibility for that.”

Herbert himself insisted the allegation was “absolutely” false.

“And all the other allegations are just not true — I’m just not that kind of person,” he said. “I love this lady with all my heart, I love my family with all my heart, and I will never stop fighting for my family and trying to make it be great.”

“Vince and I have been through a lot, and the reason that I filed for divorce was not because of those rumors,” added Braxton. “I filed for divorce because we work together, he’s my baby father, we’re together each and every single day, we’re attached at the hip and it just got to be too much. We just couldn’t figure out how to figure it out.”

As for a possible reconciliation? While Herbert is on board — “absolutely,” he said — Braxton isn’t so sure.

“It’s okay not to know,” she said. “We still work together now. We do work together well, so that’s one thing that I feel like we can definitely sustain and we’ve always been able to sustain, as well as our connection and our responsibility to being parents to Logan.”