Dark Man X is getting the help he so desperately needs.

The rapper voluntarily checked himself into a rehab facility in Southern California, a move that was fully supported, and encouraged, by his manager and ex-wife. Apparently, he has been battling substance abuse issues for six years.

X recently had to cancel three shows due to what his rep called a “medical emergency.” Sources said he was drinking heavily before his Brooklyn show last week. TMZ reports that “he flew to Cali to get help because he felt he was ‘moving to a dark place’ and wanted to make sure he stayed on the right path.”

In a statement released by his manager Pat Gallo, DMX is said to be taking some time to focus on his health.

“It is important right now that he take some time off to focus on his health so that he can be a better father, friend and entertainer. We are eternally grateful for the outpouring of concern and support that has poured in. We ask that you please keep X in your prayers as he embraces your support.”

Prayers for DMX.

1. Kiki carter

May 1, 2017 at 12:50 PM

DMX……IM PULLING & PrAying 4ya Recovery….keep God 1st
    ..he is your EVERY KEY…I HAVE MUCH LOVE 4 YOU & YOUR FAMILY….CONGRATS 2 BABY 15TH….STAY STRONG YOU CAN BE BETTER THAN EVA…COME OUT SWIMGING….KIKI…PRAYER WARRIOR

• Andrea Dunaway

May 1, 2017 at 1:35 PM

God bless you DMX send post hopefully you get the 1 one never the less keep your head up God the Father and son holy spirit Amen and Amen blessings from God the Father and son holy ghost spirit is healing you right now with blood of Jesus Christ our Lord Savior shield and protect take care of you peace and love your fan Andrea Syracuse NY

• Mike

May 2, 2017 at 3:13 AM

Cover your child with your Blood Lord, his ex wife & all of his children thru this rehab. X, the easy part is over life begins anew when you walk out of there. YOU have to determine if it was rest or do you make life changes to sustain recovery…God Bless y’all Amen

• Denise Hughley

May 1, 2017 at 8:55 PM

It takes a strong individual to admit they have a problem and even a stronger person to do it publicly. I commend you DMX. Get yo mind right and keep yo head up and stay focused. Much Love

• Lovelle Phillips

May 2, 2017 at 11:24 AM

Keep a good mind and good heart and lots of faith it will help in in the my brother im going through the same thing get well need to hear some more good music from you Lovell…

2. Kiki carter

May 1, 2017 at 12:52 PM

DMX……IM PULLING & PrAying 4ya Recovery….keep God 1st
    ..he is your EVERY KEY…I HAVE MUCH LOVE 4 YOU & YOUR FAMILY….CONGRATS 2 BABY 15TH….STAY STRONG YOU CAN BE BETTER THAN EVA…COME OUT SWIng..n..KIKI…PRAYER WARRIOR

3. Teresa Vinson

May 1, 2017 at 1:38 PM

You are loved DMX and we are praying for you family

4. Stan

May 1, 2017 at 5:29 PM

Wzup dog listen my name is Stan and I know you don’t know me but I am a fan of yours see I cannot feel what you go through and I don’t know the pain that you’re going through but I will say this your songs have touch me in a way the only I knew God was speaking to to you to talk to mex keep it 100 I don’t say this a lot but I love you in a way the only real soldiers could understand so man please get yourself together and I know my words are just words floating in the air but we all love you X I don’t know if my number will get to you but I’m going to leave it out there I feel you ax keep up the good work let these motherfuckers know it ain’t nobody like you your words are so strong and so powerful God his self said if you have the faith the size of a muscle C you can move mountains X you really don’t even know you have already move the mountain you just got a problem of going up it but once you realize that that mountain is really not in front of you you can take over the world if you can get in contact with me I would love to sit in a room with you and let’s talk 240 340 0411 Stan

5. Stan

May 1, 2017 at 5:31 PM

Wzup dog listen my name is Stan and I know you don’t know me but I am a fan of yours see I cannot feel what you go through and I don’t kno Iw the pain that you’re going through but I will say this your songs have touch me in a way the only I knew God was speaking to to you to talk to mex keep it 100 I don’t say this a lot but I love you in a way the only real soldiers could understand so man please get yourself together and I know my words are just words floating in the air but we all love you X I don’t know if my number will get to you but I’m going to leave it out there I feel you ax keep up the good work let these mers know it ain’t nobody like you your words are so strong and so powerful God his self said if you have the faith the size of a muscle C you can move mountains X you really don’t even know you have already move the mountain you just got a problem of going up it but once you realize that that mountain is really not in front of you you can take over the world if you can get in contact with me I would love to sit in a room with you and let’s talk 240 340 0411 Stan

6. ro

May 1, 2017 at 5:33 PM

DMX you have been battling with for some time its time to stop and you and only you can do that………you talk and rap all dat big shit now walk it out……………..ima say a prayer for you …………..

• Anthony Dickerson

May 1, 2017 at 6:43 PM

X check I’m a huge fan I’m also a recovering addict who knows your pain all to well. Hopefully you will find your way remember put God first and stay in prayer my brother.we in the rooms live you and are pulling for you. Much love Tony D.

7. Andrea

May 1, 2017 at 6:44 PM

Praying for u strong u r

8. Billy Bland

May 1, 2017 at 10:24 PM

Hey X this Billy,a fan from Raleigh NC. It was the 1998,a hot summer afternoon in NC,when I first heard your debut album “IT’S DARK AND HELL IS HOT”I knew at that moment you were my all time favorite entertainer. I respect your craft,swag, demeanor, style. I respect your music and also your acting abilities. This guy is praying for God to uplift u n strength.

9. Carmel

May 1, 2017 at 10:30 PM

DMX i have been a fan of yours for years i want you to know that im praying for you and i have always felt that God has his hands on you i think that you have a calling on your life EX give your life fully over to God so that he can bless you and bring you out of this storm that you are in give it up and stop running from God because he wants you he needs you on the spiritual battlefield you could really make a big spiritual impact to a lot of young men i believe you could realy draw a lot of young men to christ. Because i feel like God really has his hands on you. You have a testimony you have a story to tell to help others so im going to continue to pray for you and we love you DMX your fan Carmel Smith

• Carmel

May 1, 2017 at 10:48 PM

When i commented on your page X i didnt mean to say EX im sorry for the misspelling lol i meant to say X not EX lol

10. Nesa

May 1, 2017 at 10:36 PM

Yo X we luv u man Lord give him the strength he needz 2get stronger so Gide him Lord pleaz his family needz Amen.X we will put u on the PRAYER LIST sooooo get Stronger only u can do this we can’t do it 4 ya..Godbless U My Bro..

11. Anthony Fancher

May 2, 2017 at 12:31 AM

X let’s remember what’s important here you are a teacher and guider as you are a rapper and messenger. It’s dark out here and hell is Hot

12. Vera Ellison

May 2, 2017 at 2:14 AM

From sister Vera I have you deeply in my prayers DMX praying that the Father in heaven keep you strong. I have that good detox tea all organic no side effects no. No cramps all natural. And is good for everything and it really works because I take them. If you want to know more about my product. Shop TLC total life changes.com vera Ellison your bless Dmx

13. Shonda White

May 2, 2017 at 5:36 AM

Hello x stay strong and come out the best man you never been.

14. Leslie Wright

May 2, 2017 at 6:30 AM

D I’ve battled the same Demons, let’s get it right Bruh ! The Good Lord brought us this far. Not for nothing ! Let’s Beat this .

15. Nicole Morrison

May 2, 2017 at 11:39 AM

I am a big fan very proud you for taking this step !!! You still got work to do God’s not done with you yet!! Stay strong I am praying for you !! #1 fan NICOLE FROM CHARLOTTE N.C

16. Jerred Rebman

May 2, 2017 at 2:07 PM

Track art
    Slippin’ (Edited Version)
    DMX
    Buy for $1.29
    Subscribe to Google Play Music and listen to this song and millions of other songs. First month free.
    Lyrics
    Ha ha ha ha ha ha uhh
    See to live is to suffer but to survive
    Well that’s to find meaning in the suffering.

Ay yo I’m slippin’ I’m fallin’ I can’t get up
    Ay yo I’m slippin’ I’m fallin’ I can’t get up
    Ay yo I’m slippin’ I’m fallin’ I gots to get up
    Get me back on my feet so I can tear shit up! [x2]

I been through mad different phases like Masons
    To find my way & now I know that happy days are not far away
    If I’m strong enough I’ll live long enough to see my kids
    Doing something more constructive with they time
    Than bids I know because I been there
    Now I’m in there sit back & look
    At what it took for me to get there
    First came the bullshit the drama with my mama
    She got on the fly shit until i split
    And said that I’m gonna be that seed
    That doesn’t need much to succeed
    Strapped with mad greed and a heart that doesn’t bleed
    I’m ready for the world or at least I thought I was
    Baggin’ niggas when I caught a buzz
    For thinking about how short I was
    Going too fast it wouldn’t last but yo I couldn’t tell
    Group homes & institutions, prepare my ass for jail
    They put me in a situation forcin’ me to be a man
    When I was just learnin’ to stand without a helpin’ hand
    Damn, was it my fault, somethin’ I did
    To make a father leave his first kid at 7 doin’ my first bid?
    Back on the scene at 14 with a scheme
    To get more cream than I’d ever seen in a dream
    And by all means I will be living high off the hog
    And I never gave a fuck about much but my dog
    That’s my only motherfucker I had offered my last
    Just another little nigga headed nowhere fast

Ay yo I’m slippin’ I’m fallin’ I can’t get up
    Ay yo I’m slippin’ I’m fallin’ I can’t get up
    Ay yo I’m slippin’ I’m fallin’ I gots to get up
    Get me back on my feet so I can tear shit up! [x2]

That ain’t the half shit gets worse as I get older
    Actions become bolder heart got colder
    Chip on my shoulder that I dared a nigga to touch
    Didn’t need a click cause I scared a nigga that much
    One deep went to for kicks
    Catchin’ vicks throwin’ bricks gettin by bein’ slick
    Used to get high just to get by used to have to puff my L
    In the morning before I get fly
    I ate something a couple of forties made me hate somethin’
    I did some coke now I’m ready to take something
    3 years later showing signs of stress
    Didn’t keep my hair cut or give a fuck how I dressed
    I’m possessed by the darker side livin’ the cruddy life
    Shit like this kept a nigga with a bloody knife
    Wanna make records but I’m fucking it up
    I’m slippin’ I’m fallin’ I can’t get up

Ay yo I’m slippin’ I’m fallin’ I can’t get up
    Ay yo I’m slippin’ I’m fallin’ I can’t get up
    Ay yo I’m slippin’ I’m fallin’ I gots to get up
    Get me back on my feet so I can tear shit up! [x2]

Wasn’t long before I hit rock bottom
    Niggas talking shit like damn look how that rock got him
    Open like a window no more Indo look at a video
    Sayin’ to myself that could’ve been yo ass on the TV
    Believe me it could be done something’s got to give
    It’s got to change cause I’ve got a son
    I’ve got to do the right thing for shorty
    And that means no more getting high drinking forties
    So I get back lookin’ type slick again
    Fake niggas jump back on my dick again
    Nothin’ but love for those that know how it feel
    & much respect to all my niggas that kept it real
    Kept a nigga strong kept a nigga from doin wrong
    Niggas know who they is and this is yo fuckin’ song
    And to my boo who stuck with a nigga through
    All the bullshit you’ll get yours because it’s due

Ay yo I’m slippin’ I’m fallin’ I can’t get up
    Ay yo I’m slippin’ I’m fallin’ I can’t get up
    Ay yo I’m slippin’ I’m fallin’ I gots to get up
    Get me back on my feet so I can tear shit up! [x2]

Can’t get up…I gots to get up
    This is from the heart baby, don’t get it twisted
    Ah X RATED!!!!!

This song helped change my life, I hope it will do the same for you X. You have to want the change. Dear Jesus, you really need to sieze us, especially after the guns and reefer, when I surrendered and accepted your living word, my life became deeper. I started to desire the Holy Ghost Fire and GOD’S LOVE has got me so wired ! Many are called, but few are chosen, which one are you X? Only you know that answer…… Only1Way2Freedom@gmail.com

17. Kenny Willis Bey

May 2, 2017 at 2:32 PM

COME HOME MOOR(s)!!!

KNOW THY SELF & REMEMBER WHO YOU HAVE BEEN IN OUR PAST LIFE SO YOULL KNOW WHO YOU ARE RIGHT NOW,TODAY.WHAT “THEY” SAY YOU ARE,AND WHAT THEY SEE OF YOU,IS FALSEHOOD NOT TRUE OR YOU!!! ITS WHO WE TRULY ARE THAT YOU,WE,US MUST EMBRACE NOW!!! THROUGH LOVE. TRUTH. PEACE. FREEDOM. AND JUSTICE. JUST-US.ASH TO ASHES , DUST TO DUST.

PSALMS 83:5 (KJV) For they have consulted together with one consent: they are confederate against thee: