Tears, politically charged messages and baby bumps! The 59th Annual Grammy Awards went off without a hitch and were wildly entertaining, so in case you missed it, where are the top five moments from the show.
1.A pregnant Beyonce moved us to tears with her emotional performance. The anticipated set had a goddess theme and was perfectly fit for a queen; but it was also a bit bizarre.
The singer launched into “Love Drought” and “Sandcastles” all while flowers and chairs floated through the air. The set also seemed to put emphasis on the “reconciliation” between she and husband, Jay Z. Earlier this month, the singer announced that she and Jay Z are expecting twins.
2. And if it wasn’t Beyonce being the talk of the night, it was her daughter, Blue Ivy.
First, the cutie outshined everyone while singing Neil Diamond’s “Sweet Caroline” alongside John Legend, Jason Derulo and Jennifer Lopez. Then, when Beyonce, was accepting the award for Urban Contemporary Album for Lemonade, Blue was excited at first, and then became more interested in her toys. Blue, by the way, killed it in a pink Gucci, Prince inspired suit.
3. Adele received a standing ovation when she broke down in tears during her tribute to the late, George Michael. Another tribute also topping the night’s top moments, The Times and Bruno Mars’ compilation of Prince classics.
4. And what demon got inside of Lady Gaga? After delivering a relatively calm Super Bowl halftime performance, she tapped into a new alter ego for the Grammys and got extra fiery while performing alongside Metallica.
5. Bringing it back to Adele, the singer, who picked up 25 Grammys on Sunday, practically handed over the award for Album of the Year to Beyonce … the woman who Adele called the “artist of my life.”
6. And finally, A Tribe Called Quest delivered a major politically charged message during their performance of “We The People”. Busta Rhymes joined the group for their set, which included calling Donald Trump President Orange and chanting, “Resist.”
Thanks To Jay Z Fifth Harmony Star Normani Kordei Finally Gets Her Time To Shine
First, let’s start with the sad news. Fifth Harmony has decided to spilt and go their separate ways. But, that means the good news is … MORE Normani Kordei, ayyyyeeee!
Fifth Harmony released a statement on Monday saying the girls, who were placed together in a group on the singing competition show X-Factor, were taking a hiatus to focus on solo endeavors.
We all know what that means…
Moving on — once word spread that the girls were focusing on their own personal projects Normani instantly became the number one trending topic, Twitter rejoiced and news broke that Jay Z’s ROC Nation would be behind her project. Thanks Hov!
— Spandex Mero (@JessicaABooker) March 19, 2018
Are you here for Normani’s solo mission or will you miss the group more?
NEWS5 days ago
You Ok, Sis? Tamar Braxton Shaves Off All Her Hair And Fans Are Worried
EXCLUSIVES7 days ago
Loni Love Wants To Get Real With Mo’Nique
EXCLUSIVES3 days ago
Exclusive: The Bullet Scars That Will Forever Haunt Sheryl Lee Ralph’s Son, Etienne Maurice
MUSIC7 days ago
Chris Brown Is Thoroughly Confused By Bow Wow’s “Emotional” Message
EXCLUSIVES7 days ago
Thanks, Instagram! Jada Pinkett-Smith Is Happy Hubby Will Has An Outlet For His Antics
NEWS6 days ago
Well, Dayum! Warriors Cancel Practice After Steph Curry’s Birthday Rager
EXCLUSIVES5 days ago
Ray J Says It’s “Smooth Sailing” After Hitting Rocky Patch With Wife Princess Love
MUSIC7 days ago
Shade & Shenanigans: ‘LHHATL’ Returns With Erica Mena Replacing Joseline + More Debauchery