Connect with us

John Legend didn’t have good things to say about Kanye West’s recent meeting with President-elect Donald Trump. In an interview with France’s Clique TV, via FACT Magazine, Legend said he was disappointed with his long-time friend and doesn’t agree with his reasoning behind meeting with Trump.

“Whatever’s in his mind, I disagree with him,” Legend said in response to West’s explanation that he wanted a “direct line of communication” with the future president.

On Tuesday, West tweeted that his meeting with Trump covered issues like “bullying, supporting teachers, modernizing curriculums, and violence in Chicago.” However, Legend contended that it was a publicity stunt. “I don’t think it’s impossible to talk to [Trump] about issues, but I won’t be used as a publicity stunt,” the singer said. “I think Kanye was a publicity stunt.”

The “Love me Now” singer also said he was “disappointed” by West’s onstage rant where the rapper stated that he “would have voted for Trump” in the 2016 election.

“I’m pretty disappointed with Kanye that he says he would have voted for Trump. I think Trump has been corrosive, his message has been corrosive to the country. I think the things he’s promised to do have been very concerning for a lot of people, and for Kanye to support that message is very disappointing,” he said.


EXCLUSIVE : John Legend reacts to Kanye West’s… by cliquetv

Just last week while promoting his new film La La Land, Legend told us he hadn’t spoken with West, but was hoping for a speedy recovery after he suffered a mental breakdown and was hospitalized for nearly a week.

“We are all rooting for him and hoping that he’s just able to come back and be happy and healthy and do all the things he’s been doing over the years, which is making good music and great art for all of us,” Legend told HipHollywood.

 

 

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

MUSIC

Jennifer Hudson Is In Fear For Her Life, Gets Order Of Protection Against Ex-Fiancé David Otunga

Published

on

Jennifer Hudson has been granted a protective order against her former fiancé, David Otunga.

Apparently, after 10 years together, Jennifer and David broke-up for several months ago. However, things turned extremely sour while the pair were trying to work out a custody situation for their 8-year-old son, David Jr. According to the protection order, Jennifer claims the former wrestler exhibited “aggressive, threatening and harassing behavior toward me.” She also says, “I am now living in fear of further action David might take.”

After receiving the order of protection on Thursday, cops showed up to Hudson’s home, that she shared with David, and escorted him out.

Otunga’s attorney vehemently denies any wrongdoing on David’s behalf and claims that Jennifer is using this protection order as a ploy to get the courts to give her primary physical custody of David Jr.

Continue Reading

Trending

%d bloggers like this: