Connect with us

It’s been a little over a year since former NBA star Lamar Odom was found unconscious inside a Nevada brothel and now, the athlete is speaking out for the first time about what happened the night he almost lost his life.

In what is the star’s first sit-down interview since the October 2015 near-death experience, Odom gets candid with The Doctors’ Travis Stork about his public and traumatic hospitalization.

In a near five-minute clip released on Friday, a healthy looking Lamar explains, “Being at that brothel and thinking I was going to just rest a little bit.”

The 37-year-old goes on to suggest he wasn’t aware of how serious his condition was until his now ex-wife, Khloe Kardashian, explained it all. “I didn’t know until Khloe had told me that I was in a coma,” he said. “I couldn’t even speak at the time. I couldn’t talk. Nothing would come out when I would open my mouth, so I was scared.”

Odom, who just last week entered a rehab facility in San Diego, reveals to Dr. Stork that his personal life took a turn for the worse, which is what ultimately led to the eye-opening occurrence.

“I wasn’t in a good place mentally, especially mentally before that incident happened,” he says. “Me and my wife at the time were going through some things. I was in a dark place. They say everything happens for a reason, so I guess the reason is I’m here and I can tell the story.”

Lamar spent nearly three months at Cedars Sinai Hospital in Los Angeles before eventually being moved to a specialized rehabilitation clinic in LA. The athlete suffered severe brain damage, but despite the long road to recovery, Odom made it through.

The New York native’s interview with Stork was filmed just days before entering his new treatment center and weeks after his divorce to Khloe was finalized.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

EXCLUSIVES

Exclusive: So, Is The New “Friday” Movie Really Happening … Or Nah?!

Published

on

There’s Friday, Next Friday, Friday After Next … and now maybe Last Friday?

Fans have been begging Ice Cube to bring back his uber popular Friday franchise for years. And now that his look-a-like son, O’Shea Jackson Jr., is killing the thespian game, just like his pops, a reboot seems all the more possible, right?

Just last week, comedian DC Young Fly posted a pic on Instagram teasing his fans about the possibility of himself and Jackson, Jr. filling the roles of Smokey (originally played by Chris Tucker) and Craig.

And of course fans went crazy. But when we chatted with O’Shea during the press day for his new action film “Den of Thieves”, he was a bit more reserved about the idea.

Continue Reading

Trending

%d bloggers like this: