It’s evident that J. Cole is coming for someone on his new track “False Prophets,” but who? The Internet thinks it’s either Drake or Kanye West. Our money is on Yeezy.
On Thursday night, TIDAL dropped a 40-minute documentary called Eyez, a behind-the-scenes look at the making of Cole’s upcoming album, 4 Your Eyez Only. After about 30 minutes, the music video for “False Prophets” plays and Cole goes in over the beat by Freddie Joachim.
Take a look at the video below.
So yeah, here are just a few reasons why we believe J. is going at ‘Ye. These lyrics are definitely loaded…
1. “He’s fallin’ apart, but we deny it”: This line could be a reference to Kanye’s hit “All Falls Down.” In the song West reflects on his personal battles. Then, it was consumerism; now, it seems to be mental health, and maybe J. Cole is picking up on that.
2. “When he tell us he a genius but it’s clearer lately / It’s been hard for him to look into the mirror lately”: Kanye has always claimed to be a genius, and for quite some time it seemed to be true. But, now it seems ‘Ye is struggling with himself and therefore can’t “look into the mirror.”
3. “‘Cause I believed him when he said his sh!t was purer”: This seems to be a direct reference to Kanye’s song “Crack Music” where Yeezy raps, “That’s that good sh!t, we ain’t sure man / Put the CD on your tongue, yeah that’s pure man.”
4. “The type of ni**a swear he real but all around him’s fake / The women, the d*ckriders, you know, the yes men…”: Now, we all know that Kardashians are known for being faker than a $3 bill. But is that Kardashian Kurse real? And is Kanye just Kim’s latest victim?
5. “But come to find out, these ni**as don’t even write they shit / Hear some new style bubblin’ up, then they bite the sh!t”: Now, this is the line that had people thinking that is was directed at Drake (and maybe it is), but let’s not forget, just last month Kid Cudi accused Kanye of not writing his own music. AND on top of that, Cole raps “False Prophets” over the instrumental made famous by Joey Bada$$’s “Waves.” Remember when ‘Ye was on his whole “Waves” kick and even wanted to name TLOP “Waves” until the Internet let him have it for “biting sh!t”?
6. “Well, f*ck it, what’s more important is he’s cryin’ out for help”: Kanye’s recent hospital stay was triggered by what some are calling a nervous breakdown. But, even before he checked into UCLA Medical Center, he had a series of bizarre rants, canceled shows and then a complete cancellation of his tour. Cry for help?
That’s our argument … do you agree?
Oh, and J. Cole wasn’t selfish with the subtle shade. We’re pretty sure that second verse was directed at Wale. Thoughts?
NEWS3 days ago
UPDATE: Tommie Lee Still Locked Up, Will Remain In Jail Indefinitely
NEWS3 days ago
LeBron James’ Daughter Is The Real Superstar + Other Celeb Kids Who Steal The Show!
MUSIC4 days ago
Diddy & Cassie Split + The Biggest Celeb Breakups of 2018!
EXCLUSIVES4 days ago
“Love & Hip Hop: Miami” Star Amara La Negra Can’t Promise She Won’t Punch Anyone In New Season