Connect with us

Hollywood actor, director, beloved husband and father Nate Parker is in the center of a new sexual scandal.

Seventeen years ago, Parker was accused and then acquitted of raping a woman at Penn State University, a case that resurfaced earlier this year, prior to the release of his new film, The Birth of a Nation. But now, it looks like Parker has a new case on his hands.

Nate is now being accused of sexual misconduct after he allegedly “exposed himself” to a female student trainer on the Penn State campus.

In the report, first released by the New York Times, the incident happened while he was on trial for the 2000 rape case. But why is this all surfacing now?

According to reports, it was the prosecutors handling Jerry Sandusky’s pedophilia scandal that discovered the mishandling of Parker’s former misconduct. While digging into the former Penn State football coach’s sexual abuse of children, it was unearthed that the university dropped the complaint after the accuser chose not to go to the police.

Prosecutors are now questioning former athletic director Tim Curley, who was allegedly one of several campus officials who not only failed to report Sandusky’s misconduct, but Parker’s as well.

“This is the first Mr. Parker has ever heard of this,” Nate’s lawyer, David J. Matlof tells the news outlet. “He recognizes the seriousness of the issue, but this claim is completely untrue.”

As for the rape case, Parker has repeatedly suggested that the sex with the woman, who sadly committed suicide years later, was consensual. He recently told Anderson Cooper, “I do think [her death] is tragic … I was falsely accused. I went to court. I sat in trial. I was vindicated. I feel terrible that this woman isn’t here. I feel terrible that her family had to deal with that, but as I sit here, an apology is no.”

So what does all this mean for the actor? We are talking two major scandals over three months, all while his critically acclaimed film is in theaters. Will the actor be blacklisted?

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

NEWS

Meghan Markle Is Headed Back To The Small Screen…Kinda

Published

on

Meghan Markle may have left USA’s Suits after seven seasons, but the actress’ likeness will be making it’s way back to a TV very soon. Lifetime has announced that it’s planning a film based on Markle and her soon to be husband, Prince Harry’s whirlwind romance.

The cable network, known for it’s biopics, made the announcement on Sunday at the Television Critics Association winter press tour.

“And before the wedding of the year takes place between Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, Lifetime will debut a movie revealing how the stars aligned for this royal romance,” said Lifetime’s head of programming Liz Gateley.

Harry & Meghan: The Royal Love Story  (working title) will trace Prince Harry and Markle’s relationship from the day they met to the overwhelming media attention surrounding their eventual engagement, which was announced in November. It will also touch on their courtship after they were set up by mutual friends and depict Markle’s life as a divorced American actress.

Menhaj Huda, who helmed an episode of E!’s fictional Royal Family series The Royals is on hand to direct. Casting is currently underway.

No official date has been announced, but given Lifetime’s track record, fans should expect the movie to release a few days before the couples May 19 wedding. Back in 2011, Lifetime aired William & Kate: The Movie just days before the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge married on April 29.

 

Continue Reading

Trending

%d bloggers like this: