LeBron James announced in an op-ed published on Sunday that he has officially endorsed Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton. In the written piece, published in Business Insider, the Cleveland Cavaliers player discusses his support for Clinton.
Here are five main reasons why LeBron is backing Clinton and her campaign:
1. LeBron, who was born in Akron, Ohio, says Clinton is the only candidate who “understands the struggles of an Akron child born into poverty.”
2. According to James, “we need a President who brings us together and keeps us unified. Policies and ideas that divide us more are not the solution. We must all stand together – no matter where we are from or the color of our skin. And Hillary is running on the message of hope and unity that we need.”
In the beginning of the op-ed, James opens up about growing up in Akron and then most recently, deciding to move back in efforts to make “sure my kids in Akron have what they need to become their best selves. Opportunities, a support system, and a safety net for kids in poverty or kids in single-parent households shouldn’t be limited to those lucky enough to be blessed with athletic talent.”
So when it came to endorsing Clinton, James says it only makes sense because she, too, has the same mission.
3. James writes that “Hillary has always been a champion for children and their futures. For over 40 years, she’s been working to improve public schools, expand access to health care, support children’s hospitals, and so much more.”
4. “She wants to make sure kids have access to a good education, no matter what zip code they live in,” the NBA champion wrote. “She’ll rebuild schools that are falling apart and put more money into computer science. She’ll make sure teachers are paid what they deserve so they can give everything to their students.”
5. He concluded by suggesting Clinton will keep “us unified. Policies and ideas that divide us more are not the solution. We must all stand together — no matter where we are from or the color of our skin. And Hillary is running on the message of hope and unity that we need.”
You can read the full article here.
No Joke: Bill Cosby Is Back On Stage Doing Stand-Up
We are not trying to shame the elderly, but we are super confused why Bill Cosby is back on stage doing stand-up. He is after all 80-years old and going blind, but apparently that’s all apart of his routine.
Cosby did a set on Monday at LaRose Jazz Club in Philly and poked fun at his visual impairment amongst other personal anecdotes. He didn’t touch his pending trial, but many suspect his resurgence into the public eye is all a ploy to revitalize his image.
Just two weeks ago Cosby attended a dinner with friends and let reporters tag along to ask questions and take photos. This time around Cosby announced on his Facebook that he’d be doing a set a couple hours before. He wore a sweatshirt that said “hello friend” and also played the drums alongside the Tony Williams Jazz Quartet.
Folks in the audience are laughing … so maybe it’s working.
The disgraced comedian’s retrial on sexual assault charges is set to begin in April, and a new jury selection begins at the end of March. He averted a decision this past June when a jury couldn’t agree on a verdict … ending in a mistrial.
MUSIC6 days ago
The Real Reason Jason Derulo Is Out Here Teaching Zumba Class
MOVIES4 days ago
Mo’Nique Calls For Netflix Boycott After Being Offered Less Than Dave Chappelle & Amy Schumer
NEWS5 days ago
Gabrielle Union Makes A ‘Bad Boys’ Spinoff Happen Without Will Or Martin
MUSIC1 day ago
Remy Ma And Chris Brown Team Up To Celebrate Black Women
EXCLUSIVES4 days ago
Netflix’s ‘Step Sisters’ Is ‘Bring It On’ … But Way More Woke!
NEWS5 days ago
Kim Kardashian Savagely Claps Back At Lamar Odom Over Khloe Diss
EXCLUSIVES5 days ago
Exclusive: Sorry, Folks, Diddy Did NOT Offer H&M Model A Contract
NEWS4 days ago
Ja Rule Just Called “Tickle Booty” 50 Cent A “Pu$$y” In New Heated Twitter Tirade