LeBron James announced in an op-ed published on Sunday that he has officially endorsed Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton. In the written piece, published in Business Insider, the Cleveland Cavaliers player discusses his support for Clinton.
Here are five main reasons why LeBron is backing Clinton and her campaign:
1. LeBron, who was born in Akron, Ohio, says Clinton is the only candidate who “understands the struggles of an Akron child born into poverty.”
2. According to James, “we need a President who brings us together and keeps us unified. Policies and ideas that divide us more are not the solution. We must all stand together – no matter where we are from or the color of our skin. And Hillary is running on the message of hope and unity that we need.”
In the beginning of the op-ed, James opens up about growing up in Akron and then most recently, deciding to move back in efforts to make “sure my kids in Akron have what they need to become their best selves. Opportunities, a support system, and a safety net for kids in poverty or kids in single-parent households shouldn’t be limited to those lucky enough to be blessed with athletic talent.”
So when it came to endorsing Clinton, James says it only makes sense because she, too, has the same mission.
3. James writes that “Hillary has always been a champion for children and their futures. For over 40 years, she’s been working to improve public schools, expand access to health care, support children’s hospitals, and so much more.”
4. “She wants to make sure kids have access to a good education, no matter what zip code they live in,” the NBA champion wrote. “She’ll rebuild schools that are falling apart and put more money into computer science. She’ll make sure teachers are paid what they deserve so they can give everything to their students.”
5. He concluded by suggesting Clinton will keep “us unified. Policies and ideas that divide us more are not the solution. We must all stand together — no matter where we are from or the color of our skin. And Hillary is running on the message of hope and unity that we need.”
You can read the full article here.
MUSIC3 days ago
Diddy, Jamie Foxx, Chance The Rapper & More Get Litty At Neon Carnival
NEWS3 days ago
Migos Shades Nicki Minaj During Coachella, Omits Her Verse From Motorsport
NEWS2 days ago
Jokes On You! Here’s The Real Reason Khloe Named Her Daughter True
NEWS1 day ago
Michael B. Jordan Praises Teen Who Took Cardboard Cutout Of Him To Prom