LeBron James announced in an op-ed published on Sunday that he has officially endorsed Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton. In the written piece, published in Business Insider, the Cleveland Cavaliers player discusses his support for Clinton.
Here are five main reasons why LeBron is backing Clinton and her campaign:
1. LeBron, who was born in Akron, Ohio, says Clinton is the only candidate who “understands the struggles of an Akron child born into poverty.”
2. According to James, “we need a President who brings us together and keeps us unified. Policies and ideas that divide us more are not the solution. We must all stand together – no matter where we are from or the color of our skin. And Hillary is running on the message of hope and unity that we need.”
In the beginning of the op-ed, James opens up about growing up in Akron and then most recently, deciding to move back in efforts to make “sure my kids in Akron have what they need to become their best selves. Opportunities, a support system, and a safety net for kids in poverty or kids in single-parent households shouldn’t be limited to those lucky enough to be blessed with athletic talent.”
So when it came to endorsing Clinton, James says it only makes sense because she, too, has the same mission.
3. James writes that “Hillary has always been a champion for children and their futures. For over 40 years, she’s been working to improve public schools, expand access to health care, support children’s hospitals, and so much more.”
4. “She wants to make sure kids have access to a good education, no matter what zip code they live in,” the NBA champion wrote. “She’ll rebuild schools that are falling apart and put more money into computer science. She’ll make sure teachers are paid what they deserve so they can give everything to their students.”
5. He concluded by suggesting Clinton will keep “us unified. Policies and ideas that divide us more are not the solution. We must all stand together — no matter where we are from or the color of our skin. And Hillary is running on the message of hope and unity that we need.”
You can read the full article here.
Watch: Julia Roberts And Owen Wilson Give Advice To Their 10-Year-Old Selves
To say Wonder is a must see movie is an understatement! Not only will the film touch you and inspire you to be a better person, it will also entertain you from start to finish.
But don’t take our word for it. HipHollywood sat down with the film’s stars Julia Roberts and Owen Wilson who shared their excitement to bring this heartwarming story to life and how they channeled their real-life parenting skills into the role.
“I think we felt a responsibility to be authentically parents and authentically parents to these two kids, said the 50 year old mother of three. “And I think that’s why you really believe these four people are family and are really having this experience together.”
In the film based on the NY times best seller, Roberts and Wilson play the parents of a teenage daughter (Izabela Vidovic) and 10-year-old boy (Jacob Tremblay) with facial differences entering mainstream elementary school for the first time.
When asked if they had any advice for their ten year old selves, Roberts said: “I have a ten year old son and I tell him to run.”
Meanwhile Wilson says he remembers 5th grade vividly, and enjoyed having his brother Andrew Wilson at the same school to protect him. “It helped so much having an older brother who was already at the school, so that would be the advice I’d give, have a cool older brother.”
Wonder hits theaters November 17, just one day before Wilson’s 49th birthday.
NEWS7 days ago
Shemar Moore Spills The Tea On Phony Phaedra Parks And Those Dating Rumors
NEWS3 days ago
Teyana Taylor, Iman Shumpert Land Reality Show! See The Adorable Promo!
MUSIC4 days ago
Jay Z Schools National Anthem Protest Critics: “It’s Not About The Flag, It’s About Justice”
NEWS3 days ago
Eve Named New Co-Host Of ‘The Talk’
NEWS4 days ago
Wait One Hot Second … Denzel Washington’s Name Is Pronounced Hoooooowwww???
EXCLUSIVES4 days ago
Exclusive: Rah Ali Reveals Why She Doesn’t Say Much About Her Marriage Online
NEWS4 days ago
What J. Cole, Ava DuVernay And Harry Belafonte Are Saying About Colin Kaepernick
NEWS2 days ago
Eve Responds To Nicki Minaj’s Paper Magazine Cover: “I Just Don’t Think It’s Right.”