Connect with us

It just isn’t a good week for Chris Brown. According to reports, the same day Brown was accused of allegedly assaulting a woman, he also received news that Starz was pulling the plug on his guest role on 50 Cent’s show Power.

 

According to Page Six, on Monday morning, execs put the kibosh on Brown appearing on the show because of his anger issues. Says a source:

Fiddy had promised his friend Brown a major role on his hit Starz show, but network execs put a stop to the plan.

A source close to Brown told us, “50 promised Chris a big role on ‘Power,’ playing a drug dealer. But 50 didn’t consult the network first, and execs were not happy when they found out about it.”

The source continued, “The network insisted that Chris’ casting was not going to happen, because of fears about his anger issues. There was a big blowup, and they had to tell Chris he was not going to get the role. The news was delivered to him early Monday. He was livid.”

Later that evening while entertaining guests at his Tarzana, CA, home, Baylee Curran claims that Brown pointed a gun at her after she was admiring a diamond necklace. On Tuesday, Brown was arrested for assault with a deadly weapon and released on $250,000 bond.

Following his arrest, many of Brown’s celebrity friends, including Fiddy, took to social media to defend him, claiming he had been set up. “That’s my boy,” 50 Cent wrote on Instagram. “I watched him come up, a lot of the s - - t he go threw [sic] is crazy to me . . . If someone calls 911 and says you pulled a gun on them in your house, are the police coming to creat [sic] a bunker at the end of your drive way for 11 hours to wait for a search warrant? Then live stream it, This must be VIP Treatment. SMH.”

Reps for Starz didn’t comment, but 50 still insists he’ll get Brown on the show. He told the site, “Tune into ‘Power’ next season, because you will see Chris Brown.”

EXCLUSIVES

Exclusive: Sorry, Folks, Diddy Did NOT Offer H&M Model A Contract

Published

on

Last week rumors started circulating that Diddy had offered Liam Mango, the young model featured in the H&M ad a Sean John modeling contract. Unfortunately those reports, as sweet as they sound, aren’t true.

Diddy spoke to reporters backstage before a tapping of his new show The Four  and clarified what really happened.

“I didn’t actually offer a modeling contract to him I told my people to reach out to him so we could use him in the next shoot that we do,” he explained.  “But with that being said, I think that what we’re seeing is just a general insensitivity to how we feel you know. I think that H&M is going to feel the results of that.”

H&M has issued an official apology for featuring Mango on their website in a “Coolest Monkey In The Jungle” hoodie, saying in a statement : “We sincerely apologize for offending people with this image of a printed hooded top. The image has been removed from all online channels and the product will not be for sale in the United States. We believe in diversity and inclusion in all that we do and will be reviewing all our internal policies accordingly to avoid any future issues.”

After photos of the young boy hit the web, folks started speaking out against the retailer calling them racist and insensitive. But one person not feeling that way was Mango’s mother. She posted her thoughts Facebook questioning what all the fuss is about. “I really don’t understand but not coz am choosing not to but because it’s not my way of thinking, sorry.”

She and the boys father Terry Odhiambo have since had a change of heart appearing on ITV on Monday, saying they don’t think that there’s ever an “overreaction when it comes to racism”.

They also said they’ve had to move from their home in Sweden, and haven’t been able to live a normal life since the controversy started.

Continue Reading

Trending

%d bloggers like this: