L’Oreal attempted to appeal to Black consumers by creating a SoftSheen-Carson Optimum Amla Legend No-Mix, No-Lye Relaxer aka … a perm. But now, the beauty line is drowning in some serious legal water because their so called relaxer has made folks bald.

TMZ first broke the story that famous attorney Mark Geragos filed a class action lawsuit claiming that the product, used by dozens of now unhappy Black customers,  is “short on oil and long on danger, causing hair loss, breakage, scalp irritation, blisters and burns.”

According to the suit, women didn’t hesitate to purchase the product because of the celebrity names attached, such as Tracee Ellis Ross, Michelle Obama’s hairstylist and The Real Housewives of Atlanta’s Cynthia Bailey.

HipHollywood read some of the complaints on Amazon, and consumers are livid. “After using the ENTIRE bottle of neutralizer, when I went to detangle after conditioning, my hair started coming out in chunks,” one review read. “Just, chunks of hair coming out. It’s a week later, and my hair is still coming out. And I’m not talking about breakage, I’m talking about the entire strand is coming out from the root (and I have armpit length hair).”

Another user wrote, “My aunt used this product for the first time and she immediately complained of burning so she washed it out without smoothing. Her hair was falling out as she neutralized … she has three quarter size bad spots in the back and crown area of her head! Her long hair is destroyed.”

A woman name Nikki suggested that she’s “never experienced burns like the burns from this product. buy the time I walked up the stairs to the bathroom it was unbearable. I pray my skin returns to normal and they should be sued.”

Well, Nikki got her wish.

L’Oreal has not responded to the suit.

1. Pingback: L’Oreal Hit With Class Action Lawsuit For Allegedly Making Women Go Bald

2. Zenith

September 15, 2016 at 4:22 AM

This is tragic— for so many reasons.

3. Shalishia Lovelace

November 6, 2016 at 6:50 AM

Who do we contact if we have the same experience?

• Chrystal Henry

December 20, 2016 at 8:53 PM

I wanna know too…..the samething happened to me

4. loemp

December 11, 2016 at 2:09 AM

researchers know negative data on product evalation is out of official database in loreal.

5. Vilda Barton

January 3, 2017 at 4:49 PM

Who do I get in contact with about the class lawsuit because I use that L’Oreal relaxer and I no longer have any hair on the top of my head because of this product i didn’t want to say anything to anyone i was too ashamed now I am forced to wear. A wig cause my hair bald where only a wig will stay on please take that product off the market thank you

6. Glut It Weekly Mixtapes

February 5, 2017 at 9:52 PM

We understand that music addiction works as a surrogate for misplaced human bonds. Songs can pierce one’s heart directly; it takes no mediation. Regular Progressive House mixtapes uploaded every Wednesday. Listen to us out on MixCloud!

SAG Awards Fashion Hits & Misses: Tracee Ellis Ross, Halle Berry, Lupita Nyong’o & More

The 2018 SAG Awards were full of fashion hits and misses. Here are some of the best and worst looks of the night.

Tracee Ellis Ross always knocks it out of the park and tonight, the black-ish star definitely hit a home run in a gorgeous white Ralph and Russo gown. Her co-star, Yara Shahidi, also stole the spotlight in a classic black pantsuit.

No surprise here, Halle Berry killed it in a sheer Pamela Roland dress, meanwhile, Lupita Nyong’o stunned in a strapless Ralph and Russo ensemble. Niecy Nash, who was also one of the night’s presenters, brightened the room with not only her smile, but her sexy green Zina Zaki dress.

SAG nominee, Mary J. Blige, glowed in a magical black and white Jean-Louis Sabaji masterpiece and we can’t forget about Sterling K. Brown’s wife, Ryan Michelle, who looked like a princess in a soft pink dress.

A post shared by HIPHOLLYWOOD (@hiphollywood) on

Black-ish star, Marsai Martin, was all grownish in this adorable wine MIRI couture gown.

As for who completely missed the mark, Maya Rudolph who who wore this head to toe floral ensemble; sorry girl.