Connect with us

Mary J. Blige is set to guest star on the upcoming third season of How To Get Away With Murder  … and the queen of ‘No More Drama’  just may be bringing some trouble.

Details of her role and the storyline for Season 3 are being kept under wraps, but Viola Davis did tell Deadline there’s a “new mystery” that tops what fans have seen before from the show.

“It’s going to be presented very quickly in the first episode,” said Davis, and with that, creator Pete Nowalk “explores the relationships in a much deeper way.”

Blige has been making the transition from a mega-career as a singer-songwriter to acting. She just finished the Dee Rees-directed Mudbound alongside Jason Mitchell, Jason Clarke, Garrett Hedlund and Carey Mulligan. Earlier this year, she starred as Evillene in The Wiz Live! on NBC, a role that earned her a Critics’ Choice TV Award nomination. Blige also appeared on ABC’s hit comedy series Black-ish and Empire on Fox.

How To Get Away With Murder returns to TV screens Sept. 22 at 10 p.m. ET on ABC. Check out the killer trailer below.

EXCLUSIVES

Exclusive: Sorry, Folks, Diddy Did NOT Offer H&M Model A Contract

Published

on

Last week rumors started circulating that Diddy had offered Liam Mango, the young model featured in the H&M ad a Sean John modeling contract. Unfortunately those reports, as sweet as they sound, aren’t true.

Diddy spoke to reporters backstage before a tapping of his new show The Four  and clarified what really happened.

“I didn’t actually offer a modeling contract to him I told my people to reach out to him so we could use him in the next shoot that we do,” he explained.  “But with that being said, I think that what we’re seeing is just a general insensitivity to how we feel you know. I think that H&M is going to feel the results of that.”

H&M has issued an official apology for featuring Mango on their website in a “Coolest Monkey In The Jungle” hoodie, saying in a statement : “We sincerely apologize for offending people with this image of a printed hooded top. The image has been removed from all online channels and the product will not be for sale in the United States. We believe in diversity and inclusion in all that we do and will be reviewing all our internal policies accordingly to avoid any future issues.”

After photos of the young boy hit the web, folks started speaking out against the retailer calling them racist and insensitive. But one person not feeling that way was Mango’s mother. She posted her thoughts Facebook questioning what all the fuss is about. “I really don’t understand but not coz am choosing not to but because it’s not my way of thinking, sorry.”

She and the boys father Terry Odhiambo have since had a change of heart appearing on ITV on Monday, saying they don’t think that there’s ever an “overreaction when it comes to racism”.

They also said they’ve had to move from their home in Sweden, and haven’t been able to live a normal life since the controversy started.

Continue Reading

Trending

%d bloggers like this: