Stephen A. Smith Skewers “Punkish” D’Angelo Russell
ESPN First Take anchor Stephen A. Smith is blasting Los Angeles Lakers point guard D’Angelo Russell after he secretly recorded teammate Nick Young discussing sexual relations with women. Young is currently engaged to Iggy Azalea who saw Russell’s clip after it leaked and tweeted this:
hmmm i see D Angelo Russell is trending… I actually liked his film. Thanks bro.
— IGGY AZALEA (@IGGYAZALEA) March 30, 2016
Earlier today, Stephen A. tore Russell a new one, calling him a “completely untrustworthy” and “incredibly immature”. The outspoken journalists also thinks the prank, as the Los Angeles Times is describing it, will follow him for the rest of his career and cost him a lot of money.
Below are some Stephen’s best lines from his rant:
- He’ll never be trusted ever again in the NBA. This will stay with him for the rest of his career.
- I am a reporter and even I don’t want to talk to him. I mean, you gotta be kidding me.
- As a man, you don’t do that. Under no circumstances do you infiltrate yourself into somebody else’s business and discuss or reveal their private, personal affairs … particularly when it comes to women … shut the hell up, mind your own business, step off and move on.
- I don’t wanna hear all of this stuff about youth. He’s 20 year old. You’re 13, you know better. You’re 10 years old, you know better. I don’t care how old you are.
- It shows he is completely untrustworthy, incredibly immature. It was a juvenile punkish move of the highest order.
- There is no excuse on God’s green earth for him to do what he did.
- The only violation that is greater than this is actually getting with somebody’s wife.
- You cannot trust that young man after this.
Yikes. What do you all think about the scandal? Should the Lakers trade D’Angelo? Will teammates ever be able to trust him again? Let us know in the comment section below.