EXCLUSIVES

Exclusive: Erica Mena Stands By Bow Wow Abuse Allegations

By  | 

Reality TV star Erica Mena is standing by damning allegations she made on Twitter earlier this year about her ex-fiance, Shad Moss. At the time, Mena claimed that the rapper turned actor physically abused her, an allegation Moss vehemently denies.

Screen Shot 2016-02-25 at 8.39.19 AM

HipHollywood caught up with Mena on Wednesday night at the All Def Movie Awards where she made it clear that while she has no plans of retracting her claims, she does regret airing out her personal drama on social media. “Do I go back on that [abuse allegation] specifically? No, those allegations weren’t just falsely thrown out there. The way I did it, I regret it, but the truth is the truth,” she tells us exclusively.

Screen-Shot-2016-01-05-at-9.27.26-AM

As for other claims and declarations spilled on the social networking website, the beauty explains, “I wish it didn’t happen.” According to Mena, these were two “very emotional” people going through it and “didn’t take a moment to think things through before we reacted.”

“I kind of wish I never said anything. But it is what it is. Now I just wish him the very best. It was a great ride while it lasted and not everything works. We didn’t. Everything falls into place, everything happens for a reason. I learned so much in that relationship that I think moving forward I’m going to do things a lot different.”

As for life after the public split, Mena says, “going into 2016 it was just all about myself. It’s been a great liberating moment, I’m learning a lot, and I’m just taking the time to really take care of myself.”

Erica adds, “I hope it shows because I’m really refocusing everything and things are coming together for the first time, actually I feel like things are falling into place perfectly.”

The 28-year-old says she has some big things in the works but can’t reveal them just yet.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *