Exclusive Details: DMX Found Lifeless, With No Pulse At New York Hotel
HipHollywood can confirm that rapper DMX suffered a medical emergency on Monday night leaving him temporarily lifeless.
The Yonkers Police Department tells us the New York rapper was found unconscious in the parking lot of a Ramada Inn just after 6 p.m. According to officials, emergency crews began CPR and about one minute later, Earl Simmons, the rapper’s legal name, began shallow breathing.
We are told that a witness on scene claimed DMX might have ingested a substance before overdosing. The rapper was taken to a nearby hospital after becoming semiconscious.
X is expected to make a full recovery, but news of this condition sent shockwaves through the music community leading Ja Rule to tweet this message.
Prayers up for my brother @DMX 🙏🏾
— Ja Rule (@Ruleyork) February 9, 2016