Connect with us

Mendeecees Harris will soon be living life behind bars, but before the start of his near eight-year sentence, the reality star has a few things to say.

The Love & Hip Hop: New York co-star posted a lengthy message on Instagram for all the fans that “supported me, grew with me, changed hearts, minds and perspectives with me.”

“When I was young, hungry and closed minded I acted as such. Now I’m wiser but it’s wisdom born through pain, so that means enduring this will just make me wiser and stronger,” he wrote. “But who would have thought “Young DeeCee” that wore the ripped up worn shoes, that went to school on sugar sandwiches and borrowed rice would ever have a voice to speak to the masses.”

He continued, “I was the one with nothing, no push to go to school, no dinner on the table at night, no kiss goodbye in the morning, all I had was me for awhile. Just Me, plane ole me ( I don’t have college degrees, a huge resume of internships and jobs) would be able to influence a generation.”

Harris goes on to advise fathers to “go raise men.”

“Men to lead their family. Men to do the right thing. No matter what you had to do or may still be doing raise them babies right! Also, when you raise a man you teach an individual but when you raise a woman you build a nation. Protect our nation builders fellas! I could go on for days but I want y’all to know I’m good but good.”

He concluded, “My family is strong, real strong, so their good. Keep @theharrisbunch in your prayers and I will keep you all updated through my brother running my page. Be blessed, keep in contact, build and encourage each other, stop the hating and see you when I return.”

In December 2015, a Rochester judge sentenced the reality star to 97-months in a federal prison in connection to a past federal drug trafficking crime.

Harris pleaded guilty in exchange for an eight to ten year sentence and a $15,000 to $5 million fine. Harris’ lawyer, Donald Thompson, tells HipHollywood that although the reality star was sentenced to eight years, he will not serve the full time “for many reasons.”

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


Exclusive: The Bullet Scars That Will Forever Haunt Sheryl Lee Ralph’s Son, Etienne Maurice



Sheryl Lee Ralph shared a graphic photo on Instagram earlier this week of her son, Etienne Maurice, laying in a hospital bed bandaged up from bullet wounds. The purpose of the image was to be yet another voice calling to end gun violence.

On Wednesday, students across the country walked out of class to protest against gun violence, something that hit home for Ralph four years ago. “This mother wants #gunreform now! #guncontrol now,” she wrote.

It was during a night out in West Philadelphia that Ralph’s then 22-year-old child was robbed at gunpoint and shot three times; twice in the leg and one which grazed his forehead.

So as Ralph joined Wednesday’s national conversation about gun laws, HipHollywood talked exclusively with Etienne who shared exactly what went down the night a gun could have taken his life for good.

“I was shot four years ago, November 9 … I was black out drunk. The next thing I know I remember I woke up in the hospital, doctor said I had two bullet holes in my leg and a grazed bullet hole above my eyebrow.”

Maurice, who was robbed for his iPhone and his wallet, went on to tell us that this is something that he is reminded of constantly. “Having been shot is something that I carry with me every day. I still have numbness at the bottom of my leg from the nerve damage.”

And while he will always remember how he felt knowing his life almost ended, Etienne had a hard time fathoming how his famous mother felt. “We had the conversation about it last week and she said she peed on herself,” he told us.

For Maurice, he’s proud to see young children use their voices to make change. “There’s so many angles where we can talk about gun violence and how it’s effecting different communities,” he said. “Gun reform needs to take place now.”

Since that night, he hasn’t picked up a drink and has been now sober for four years. As for the suspects, a father-son duo, they are behind bars for attempted man slaughter.

Continue Reading


%d bloggers like this: