Patti LaBelle stopped by New York’s The Breakfast Club on Monday morning and gave one of the best interviews of the year.
Throughout the course of the near 25-minute chat, the iconic singer, who is making headlines these days for her Sweet Potato Pies, referred to herself in third person, threw some shade and even named dropped.
Here are the top five most hilarious quotes from the 71-year-old’s interview.
- ON THE SELLING OUT OF PIES: “We are trying to find the potatoes to bake the pies,” she said about the pies that are in high demand. “I asked Oprah if she had any potatoes on her farm because Ms. Patti can’t find the potato to make the pie.”
- ON HER HEALTH: “I’ve been menopausal for twenty years. I’m flashin like crazy right now … I don’t take anything, I flash like real women.”
- ON LOOKING GOOD AT THE AIRPORT: “I’m ever not looking good,” the singer said. “I wake up with my face, then I put whatever hair I want, then I’ll touch the lip … When Patti gets up I make sure I get through the airport looking clean … You will never catch me at the supermarket looking … I don’t wear jogging suits.”
- ON DOING DANCING WITH THE STARS: “It hurt me. A lot of my friends go on the show and they lose body parts.” She went on to say that she would do it again.
- ON WHETHER OR NOT SHE WOULD COLLABORATE WITH FETTY WAP: “Fetty Wap, I love that boy, with the one eye?! I love him, he gangsta. I would do that in a heartbeat.”
Exclusive: The Bullet Scars That Will Forever Haunt Sheryl Lee Ralph’s Son, Etienne Maurice
Sheryl Lee Ralph shared a graphic photo on Instagram earlier this week of her son, Etienne Maurice, laying in a hospital bed bandaged up from bullet wounds. The purpose of the image was to be yet another voice calling to end gun violence.
On Wednesday, students across the country walked out of class to protest against gun violence, something that hit home for Ralph four years ago. “This mother wants #gunreform now! #guncontrol now,” she wrote.
It was during a night out in West Philadelphia that Ralph’s then 22-year-old child was robbed at gunpoint and shot three times; twice in the leg and one which grazed his forehead.
So as Ralph joined Wednesday’s national conversation about gun laws, HipHollywood talked exclusively with Etienne who shared exactly what went down the night a gun could have taken his life for good.
“I was shot four years ago, November 9 … I was black out drunk. The next thing I know I remember I woke up in the hospital, doctor said I had two bullet holes in my leg and a grazed bullet hole above my eyebrow.”
Maurice, who was robbed for his iPhone and his wallet, went on to tell us that this is something that he is reminded of constantly. “Having been shot is something that I carry with me every day. I still have numbness at the bottom of my leg from the nerve damage.”
And while he will always remember how he felt knowing his life almost ended, Etienne had a hard time fathoming how his famous mother felt. “We had the conversation about it last week and she said she peed on herself,” he told us.
For Maurice, he’s proud to see young children use their voices to make change. “There’s so many angles where we can talk about gun violence and how it’s effecting different communities,” he said. “Gun reform needs to take place now.”
Since that night, he hasn’t picked up a drink and has been now sober for four years. As for the suspects, a father-son duo, they are behind bars for attempted man slaughter.
NEWS2 days ago
You Ok, Sis? Tamar Braxton Shaves Off All Her Hair And Fans Are Worried
EXCLUSIVES4 days ago
Loni Love Wants To Get Real With Mo’Nique
NEWS5 days ago
Oh Snap! Rickey Smiley Thinks Porsha Williams Is Wifey Material … Will It Come To Fruition?
MUSIC4 days ago
Chris Brown Is Thoroughly Confused By Bow Wow’s “Emotional” Message
EXCLUSIVES5 days ago
Exclusive: Birdman, Lil Wayne Nightclub Love Sesh Didn’t Change A Thing … Business Will Still Go On!
EXCLUSIVES4 days ago
Thanks, Instagram! Jada Pinkett-Smith Is Happy Hubby Will Has An Outlet For His Antics
MUSIC4 days ago
Shade & Shenanigans: ‘LHHATL’ Returns With Erica Mena Replacing Joseline + More Debauchery
NEWS3 days ago
Amber Rose “Frustrated” That Strippers Have Been Left Out Of The #MeToo Movement