Patti LaBelle stopped by New York’s The Breakfast Club on Monday morning and gave one of the best interviews of the year.
Throughout the course of the near 25-minute chat, the iconic singer, who is making headlines these days for her Sweet Potato Pies, referred to herself in third person, threw some shade and even named dropped.
Here are the top five most hilarious quotes from the 71-year-old’s interview.
- ON THE SELLING OUT OF PIES: “We are trying to find the potatoes to bake the pies,” she said about the pies that are in high demand. “I asked Oprah if she had any potatoes on her farm because Ms. Patti can’t find the potato to make the pie.”
- ON HER HEALTH: “I’ve been menopausal for twenty years. I’m flashin like crazy right now … I don’t take anything, I flash like real women.”
- ON LOOKING GOOD AT THE AIRPORT: “I’m ever not looking good,” the singer said. “I wake up with my face, then I put whatever hair I want, then I’ll touch the lip … When Patti gets up I make sure I get through the airport looking clean … You will never catch me at the supermarket looking … I don’t wear jogging suits.”
- ON DOING DANCING WITH THE STARS: “It hurt me. A lot of my friends go on the show and they lose body parts.” She went on to say that she would do it again.
- ON WHETHER OR NOT SHE WOULD COLLABORATE WITH FETTY WAP: “Fetty Wap, I love that boy, with the one eye?! I love him, he gangsta. I would do that in a heartbeat.”
‘GQ’ Cover Star LeBron James Has Hard Yet Necessary Convo W/ His Kids About Racism
It is a conversation that is difficult yet necessary: Racism.
For LeBron James, that conversation was had in depth after someone spray pained the N-word all over his Brentwood home. In a new interview with GQ magazine, the November cover star opened up about the emotional discussion with his sons and daughter.
“It’s heavy when a situation occurs either with myself or with someone in a different city, i.e., Trayvon, Mike Brown. I have to go home and talk to my 13- and 10-year-old sons, even my 2-year-old daughter, about what it means to grow up being an African-American in America,” he said about feeling the “twoness” in America.
He continued, “Because no matter how great you become in life, no matter how wealthy you become, how people worship you, or what you do, if you are an African-American man or African-American woman, you will always be that.”
James explained, “True colors will show, and it showed for me during the playoffs, where my house in Brentwood, California, one of the f*cking best neighborhoods in America, was vandalized with, you know, the N-word. And that shit puts it all back into perspective. So do I use my energy toward that? Or do I now shed a light on how I can use this negative to turn into a positive, because so many people are looking for what I’m going to say.”
That’s when he unveiled, “I had a conversation with my kids. I let them know this is what it is, this is how it’s going to be. When it’s time for y’all to fly, you’ll have to understand that. When y’all go out in public and y’all start driving or y’all start moving around, be respectful to cops, as much as you can. When you get pulled over, call your mom or dad, put it on speakerphone, and put your phone underneath the seat. But be respectful the whole time.”
Earlier this year multiple LAPD units responded to James’ California home when neighbors saw the word scrawled on the outer gate. At the time, James suggested that when it comes to racial inequality, “we have a long way to go.”
Click here to read James’ entire GQ article.
NEWS4 days ago
What Tha?! Birdman Removes Face Tattoos — Is This Toni Braxton’s Doing?
NEWS7 days ago
Diddy Seriously Considers Buying The NFL
NEWS6 days ago
Inside Ciara And Janet Jackson’s Super Random Disneyland Playdate
MUSIC5 days ago
Meet The Flockas! Waka And Tammy Get Their Own Show
NEWS5 days ago
NeNe Leakes Kicked Off Xscape Tour Over Repulsive Rape Joke
MUSIC6 days ago
Tamar Braxton Hospitalized… Will She Have To Cancel Her Tour?!
NEWS4 days ago
Wait A Damn Minute… Now Kourtney Kardashian Is Pregnant, Too?!
NEWS5 days ago
That TLC Fan Slumber Party Actually Happened … And Here’s How It Went Down!