MUSIC

Did Kevin Gates Just Admit To Using Heroin?

In an interview with djbooth.com, rapper Kevin Gates made a shocking revelation, delivered so casually the interviewers thought perhaps they misheard him. While doing a promotional drop, Gates revealed he uses heroin.

“I might duck every now and then when I’m on the heroin, but I don’t get tired,” the website claims he said during their sit-down.

The “duck every now and then” bit is something one might describe heroin users of doing since the drug is a depressant.

We honestly can’t think of a time a rapper has admitted to using heroin, but the drug has had it’s place in the world of celebrity over the decades. Jean-Michel Basquiat, Janis Joplin, Peaches Geldof, Philip Seymour Hoffman and Glee’s Cory Monteith all died from heroin related overdoses.

1. Ja3s0n22

October 16, 2015 at 2:25 PM

If you can’t think of rappers that have admitted to using Heroin, then you need to do some more research. Lazy article.

• Lotty

October 20, 2015 at 3:35 AM

Great reply

• Andrew Beverley

October 20, 2015 at 9:31 AM

It’s not a lazy article. It’s because no rapper has come out and admitted to using heroin. Kevin gates as the first one.

• Ja3s0n22

October 20, 2015 at 10:56 AM

Here’s two off the top, without really thinking about it – BG had a very well documented heroin problem and Baby has several old songs where he raps about the use of heroin in a recreational way. If you need me to explain further just google it, it’s not too hard to find more examples.

• Andrew Beverley

October 20, 2015 at 11:01 AM

I forgot about BG. I don’t think he ever came out and admitted it though. I thought it was just well known. If Baby said it on a song, that definitely counts as an admission.

2. sunni_daze

October 20, 2015 at 8:48 AM

I have nothing nice to say