Connect with us

On Thursday morning, it was reported that activists in Australia are trying to ban Chris Brown’s entry into their country in December because of his violent past. But according to Breezy, he will hit the stage later this year with bells and whistles on.

The singer spoke out via Instagram and slammed a specific headline that read: “Chris Brown: Australian Officials Want To Deny Entry He Lacks Character.” The singer wrote that the story is “false and I’ll be in Australia in December.”

He went on to write, “To all the fans, don’t listen or be discouraged to buy tickets.”

As previously reported, activists don’t want Breezy in their country because of his 2009 attack on then girlfriend, Rihanna.

Activists state in an online petition that they are “speaking out against Chris Brown because his casual visit our country would have enormous symbolic significance, which will only be amplified by our silence. By turning a blind eye to his tour, we send a message to survivors of family violence that it’s not that important and that you should just get over it. “

Continue Reading
Advertisement
1 Comment

1 Comment

  1. madkeyra

    September 25, 2015 at 10:08 AM

    These activist and politicians just want another taking point to send out post cards and emails begging for money as if preventing Chris Brown from Australia helped their cause. If they can stop the violence that will help their cause incredibly but their not god. So they do things to pretend that their doing something. Who really looses are the businesses and the small moms and pop shops that could have made a profit from these big events. So people don’t let them play you. It’s free publicity and advertisement for begging people that isn’t going to serve anybody but them in the long run and nobody else.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

EXCLUSIVES

Exclusive: Sorry, Folks, Diddy Did NOT Offer H&M Model A Contract

Published

on

Last week rumors started circulating that Diddy had offered Liam Mango, the young model featured in the H&M ad a Sean John modeling contract. Unfortunately those reports, as sweet as they sound, aren’t true.

Diddy spoke to reporters backstage before a tapping of his new show The Four  and clarified what really happened.

“I didn’t actually offer a modeling contract to him I told my people to reach out to him so we could use him in the next shoot that we do,” he explained.  “But with that being said, I think that what we’re seeing is just a general insensitivity to how we feel you know. I think that H&M is going to feel the results of that.”

H&M has issued an official apology for featuring Mango on their website in a “Coolest Monkey In The Jungle” hoodie, saying in a statement : “We sincerely apologize for offending people with this image of a printed hooded top. The image has been removed from all online channels and the product will not be for sale in the United States. We believe in diversity and inclusion in all that we do and will be reviewing all our internal policies accordingly to avoid any future issues.”

After photos of the young boy hit the web, folks started speaking out against the retailer calling them racist and insensitive. But one person not feeling that way was Mango’s mother. She posted her thoughts Facebook questioning what all the fuss is about. “I really don’t understand but not coz am choosing not to but because it’s not my way of thinking, sorry.”

She and the boys father Terry Odhiambo have since had a change of heart appearing on ITV on Monday, saying they don’t think that there’s ever an “overreaction when it comes to racism”.

They also said they’ve had to move from their home in Sweden, and haven’t been able to live a normal life since the controversy started.

Continue Reading

Trending

%d bloggers like this: