Connect with us

Just days after Bobbi Kristina was taken off of life support and transferred to hospice care, her best friend is speaking out about her toxic relationship with boyfriend Nick Gordon.

Alex Reid, told E! News that Bobbi Kristina confided in her on numerous occasions that she was afraid of Gordon and that he was physically abusive. “Krissi was physically abused by Nick on a number of occasions and she told me about some of them,” explained Reid who met Bobbi Kristina two years ago in Los Angeles. “I never witnessed anything…she would FaceTime me every time she was distraught, when something has just happened or show me a bruise.”

“One time I remember she called me for three hours,” Reid continued. “She was hyperventilating. I could barely understand what she was saying because she was so distraught. When she could finally get the words out she told me he had been physically abusive. He had hit her in the face and thrown her against a wall.”

Reid says she begged Bobbi Kristina to leave Gordon, but she wouldn’t listen. “There were things I knew that she couldn’t tell anyone else. She didn’t feel comfortable confiding in her family because she loved him and she didn’t want them turning against him, more than they already had. She loved him and was loyal to him despite the abuse.”

According to Reid, just three weeks before Bobbi Kristina was found unresponsive in a bathtub in her Georgia home, the 21-year old called her sobbing that Gordon had struck her  before she locked herself in her deceased mothers closet to get away from him.

“She was sobbing. Nick had hit her and she was scared,” explains Reid, recalling the conversation. “She was very upset. She didn’t know what to do. It was as if, she didn’t have anyone else to turn to. It was heartbreaking.”

Georgia police have said that they are zeroing in on a suspect and have launched a full investigation into what happened in Bobbi Kristina’s home on Jan 31. Reid told E! News that she is willing to help in any way she can. “There are things that I know that no one else does. And I hope that by speaking out I can help the investigation in some way.”


Exclusive: The Bullet Scars That Will Forever Haunt Sheryl Lee Ralph’s Son, Etienne Maurice



Sheryl Lee Ralph shared a graphic photo on Instagram earlier this week of her son, Etienne Maurice, laying in a hospital bed bandaged up from bullet wounds. The purpose of the image was to be yet another voice calling to end gun violence.

On Wednesday, students across the country walked out of class to protest against gun violence, something that hit home for Ralph four years ago. “This mother wants #gunreform now! #guncontrol now,” she wrote.

It was during a night out in West Philadelphia that Ralph’s then 22-year-old child was robbed at gunpoint and shot three times; twice in the leg and one which grazed his forehead.

So as Ralph joined Wednesday’s national conversation about gun laws, HipHollywood talked exclusively with Etienne who shared exactly what went down the night a gun could have taken his life for good.

“I was shot four years ago, November 9 … I was black out drunk. The next thing I know I remember I woke up in the hospital, doctor said I had two bullet holes in my leg and a grazed bullet hole above my eyebrow.”

Maurice, who was robbed for his iPhone and his wallet, went on to tell us that this is something that he is reminded of constantly. “Having been shot is something that I carry with me every day. I still have numbness at the bottom of my leg from the nerve damage.”

And while he will always remember how he felt knowing his life almost ended, Etienne had a hard time fathoming how his famous mother felt. “We had the conversation about it last week and she said she peed on herself,” he told us.

For Maurice, he’s proud to see young children use their voices to make change. “There’s so many angles where we can talk about gun violence and how it’s effecting different communities,” he said. “Gun reform needs to take place now.”

Since that night, he hasn’t picked up a drink and has been now sober for four years. As for the suspects, a father-son duo, they are behind bars for attempted man slaughter.

Continue Reading


%d bloggers like this: