Connect with us

MUSIC

Exclusive: Big News For Chris Brown

Published

on

Chris Brown’s rep confirmed to HipHollywood over the weekend that the singer’s Between the Sheets Tour has been one of the most successful of 2015.

Brown, Trey Songz and Tyga kicked off their tour in February and just wrapped on March 19 in Hampton, Va.

It’s been an exciting week for Chris because not only has he wrapped an amazing tour, but he is also officially off of probation in connection with the 2009 assault of then girlfriend, Rihanna.

A Los Angeles judge determined on Friday that after six years, the singer has fulfilled the conditions of his sentence. Brown’s lawyer, Mark Geragos says that the end of Chris’ probation is “a monumental feat for him.”

Following the judges ruling, the 25-year-old tweeted:

“IM OFF PROBATION!!!!!!!! Thank the Lord!!!!!!”

EXCLUSIVES

Exclusive: Sorry, Folks, Diddy Did NOT Offer H&M Model A Contract

Published

on

Last week rumors started circulating that Diddy had offered Liam Mango, the young model featured in the H&M ad a Sean John modeling contract. Unfortunately those reports, as sweet as they sound, aren’t true.

Diddy spoke to reporters backstage before a tapping of his new show The Four  and clarified what really happened.

“I didn’t actually offer a modeling contract to him I told my people to reach out to him so we could use him in the next shoot that we do,” he explained.  “But with that being said, I think that what we’re seeing is just a general insensitivity to how we feel you know. I think that H&M is going to feel the results of that.”

H&M has issued an official apology for featuring Mango on their website in a “Coolest Monkey In The Jungle” hoodie, saying in a statement : “We sincerely apologize for offending people with this image of a printed hooded top. The image has been removed from all online channels and the product will not be for sale in the United States. We believe in diversity and inclusion in all that we do and will be reviewing all our internal policies accordingly to avoid any future issues.”

After photos of the young boy hit the web, folks started speaking out against the retailer calling them racist and insensitive. But one person not feeling that way was Mango’s mother. She posted her thoughts Facebook questioning what all the fuss is about. “I really don’t understand but not coz am choosing not to but because it’s not my way of thinking, sorry.”

She and the boys father Terry Odhiambo have since had a change of heart appearing on ITV on Monday, saying they don’t think that there’s ever an “overreaction when it comes to racism”.

They also said they’ve had to move from their home in Sweden, and haven’t been able to live a normal life since the controversy started.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

Instagram

Facebook

Advertisement

Trending

%d bloggers like this: