Connect with us

MUSIC

60,000 People Don’t Want Kanye West’s Headlining Glastonbury

Published

on

Over 60,000 people have signed an online petition urging organizers of England’s Glastonbury Festival to ditch Kanye West as a headliner. Despite being one the most successful musical acts of the past decade, detractors says Ye doesn’t deserve the spot and should be replaced with a rock band.

Kanye West is an insult to music fans all over the world. We spend hundreds of pounds to attend glasto, and by doing so, expect a certain level of entertainment. Kanye has been very outspoken on his views on music … he should listen to his own advice and pass his headline slot on to someone deserving! Let’s prevent this musical injustice now!”

We guess these people are serious, we’re not sure. Regardless, a stroll through the comments section makes for a good time. Here are some more of the reasons people who probably aren’t even attending the festival don’t want Mr. All Day perform:

  • “Kanye sucks. I want to see real artistry. Someone like Beck.”
  • “Kanye is a douche. A talentless, arrogant, racist douche, and the sooner he disappears, the better.”
  • “He’s a gay fish.”
  • “Kayne is the worst musician ever. Without his autotune he’d be selling pencils on the street.”

Well, at least they got the part about the fish right.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
2 Comments

2 Comments

  1. Geo

    March 19, 2015 at 11:11 PM

    76,000 signatures now.

  2. m!Le$

    March 20, 2015 at 7:04 AM

    They need Jay Z or Beyonce to headline forreal. Beyonce Glastonbury 2011 was the best.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

EXCLUSIVES

Exclusive: Sorry, Folks, Diddy Did NOT Offer H&M Model A Contract

Published

on

Last week rumors started circulating that Diddy had offered Liam Mango, the young model featured in the H&M ad a Sean John modeling contract. Unfortunately those reports, as sweet as they sound, aren’t true.

Diddy spoke to reporters backstage before a tapping of his new show The Four  and clarified what really happened.

“I didn’t actually offer a modeling contract to him I told my people to reach out to him so we could use him in the next shoot that we do,” he explained.  “But with that being said, I think that what we’re seeing is just a general insensitivity to how we feel you know. I think that H&M is going to feel the results of that.”

H&M has issued an official apology for featuring Mango on their website in a “Coolest Monkey In The Jungle” hoodie, saying in a statement : “We sincerely apologize for offending people with this image of a printed hooded top. The image has been removed from all online channels and the product will not be for sale in the United States. We believe in diversity and inclusion in all that we do and will be reviewing all our internal policies accordingly to avoid any future issues.”

After photos of the young boy hit the web, folks started speaking out against the retailer calling them racist and insensitive. But one person not feeling that way was Mango’s mother. She posted her thoughts Facebook questioning what all the fuss is about. “I really don’t understand but not coz am choosing not to but because it’s not my way of thinking, sorry.”

She and the boys father Terry Odhiambo have since had a change of heart appearing on ITV on Monday, saying they don’t think that there’s ever an “overreaction when it comes to racism”.

They also said they’ve had to move from their home in Sweden, and haven’t been able to live a normal life since the controversy started.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

Instagram

Facebook

Advertisement

Trending

%d bloggers like this: