Suge Knight To Remain Behind Bars For Next Six Weeks
Suge Knight will spend the next six weeks behind bars until his attorneys fully review the evidence and prepare his defense in connection with last month’s fatal hit and run.
Suge, who was charged with murder, attempted murder and two counts of hit-and-run, appeared before a Compton on judge on Monday to go over the terms of his bail. “Right now we’re at the mercy of what the Los Angeles County jail decides is appropriate or not appropriate,” Knight’s attorney, David Kenner said in court.
On January 29, the Death Row Records co-founder was arrested after running over and killing friend, Terry Carter, and injuring, Cle “Bone” Sloan at Tam’s Burgers. The alleged incident occurred following an altercation during the filming of a commercial for the forthcoming N.W.A biopic, Straight Outta Compton.
“From what I understand he was being attacked and was trying to get away from that attack,” Knight’s lawyer told HipHollywood following Knight’s first court hearing last week.
The 49-year-old is due back in court on March 20. If convicted, he could be sentenced to life in prison.