Connect with us

MUSIC

Canada To Chris Brown: Can’t Come In Here!

Published

on

Chris Brown was denied entrance into Canada on Tuesday afternoon, just hours before he was supposed to hit the stage and perform for some excited fans.

The singer confirmed the news via Twitter that he was banned from the country despite selling out Tuesday’s show at the Bell Centre in Montreal and Wednesday night’s show at the Air Canada Centre in Toronto.

“The good people of the Canadian government wouldn’t allow me entry. I’ll be back this summer and will hopefully see all my Canadian fans,” the 25-year-old pop star wrote in a tweet that has since been deleted.

And while Chris seemed to handle the situation calmly, his tour mate Trey Songz was a tad more fired up.

“Frustration. In Montreal with nothing to do. Bullsh*t…”

According to Stephane Malepart of Canada Border Services, involvement in criminal activity is one of several factors that determine admissibility.

In recent years, Brown , who is still on probation from the 2009 assault of then girlfriend, Rihanna, has had a string of legal woes. The singer served three months behind bars last year after getting into an altercation outside a Washington D.C hotel, which was in violation of his probation.

A promoter for Live Nation said in a statement that the shows were cancelled because of “immigration issues” and that refunds are available at the point of purchase. Brown will be in Rosemont, Illinois, this Friday to continue with he and Trey’s Between the Sheets tour.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

EXCLUSIVES

Exclusive: Sorry, Folks, Diddy Did NOT Offer H&M Model A Contract

Published

on

Last week rumors started circulating that Diddy had offered Liam Mango, the young model featured in the H&M ad a Sean John modeling contract. Unfortunately those reports, as sweet as they sound, aren’t true.

Diddy spoke to reporters backstage before a tapping of his new show The Four  and clarified what really happened.

“I didn’t actually offer a modeling contract to him I told my people to reach out to him so we could use him in the next shoot that we do,” he explained.  “But with that being said, I think that what we’re seeing is just a general insensitivity to how we feel you know. I think that H&M is going to feel the results of that.”

H&M has issued an official apology for featuring Mango on their website in a “Coolest Monkey In The Jungle” hoodie, saying in a statement : “We sincerely apologize for offending people with this image of a printed hooded top. The image has been removed from all online channels and the product will not be for sale in the United States. We believe in diversity and inclusion in all that we do and will be reviewing all our internal policies accordingly to avoid any future issues.”

After photos of the young boy hit the web, folks started speaking out against the retailer calling them racist and insensitive. But one person not feeling that way was Mango’s mother. She posted her thoughts Facebook questioning what all the fuss is about. “I really don’t understand but not coz am choosing not to but because it’s not my way of thinking, sorry.”

She and the boys father Terry Odhiambo have since had a change of heart appearing on ITV on Monday, saying they don’t think that there’s ever an “overreaction when it comes to racism”.

They also said they’ve had to move from their home in Sweden, and haven’t been able to live a normal life since the controversy started.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

Instagram

Facebook

Advertisement

Trending

%d bloggers like this: