Rap Battle: T.I. and Big Sean Both Want Lil Wayne!

Now that Lil Wayne has announced his beef with Cash Money, he is on the brink of being the hottest free agent in the music industry.

Pusha T has already let it be known that he’s interested in having the rapper join him on G.O.O.D Music and his label mate Big Sean has cosigned that sentiment. “Wayne’s my bro,” the Detroit rapper told HipHollywood before his Cali Christmas performance.

But G.O.O.D Music isn’t the only label in the running to lock down Wayne, it looks like T.I. wants to through in a bid as well. “Of course, that’s my little bro,” the Hustle Gang CEO stated while at the Power 106 holiday concert.

What do you think — Would Lil Wayne be a good addition to Hustle Gang or G.O.O.D Music?

1. sunni_daze

December 10, 2014 at 12:08 PM

If Wayne is going to do anything he should go independent. He’s been owned by someone else for over a decade. He needs to be his own boss, there is no need in jumping from the frying pan into the fire.

• sen pen

December 10, 2014 at 12:15 PM

This is h­ow you can make a decent income every month… Try it for yours­elf! A­fter been without work for 6 months, i started freelancing over t­his w­ebsite and now i couldn’t be happier. After 6 months on my ne­w jo­b my monthly income is around 12k a month…**************

• angeljar2012 .

December 11, 2014 at 9:06 PM

He already is. He is CEO of Young Money since he was a teen. Look up his corporation online Louisiana state. He’s already a boss of his own label Young Money

• sunni_daze

December 12, 2014 at 7:06 AM

He had a title, if he was a BOSS he would have put out his music and not been waiting for permission like a CHILD!

• angeljar2012 .

December 12, 2014 at 7:47 AM

Yes he’s an artist signed to Cash Money but my only point was he has his own company too with artists like Nicki Minaj who gets permission from Wayne. So if he wanted to go independent he can go under his corporation. Having a boss doesn’t make you a child. Birdman has a boss too. I don’t know when his contract with Cash Money is up but honestly this whole thing sounds like a PUBLICITY STUNT.

• sunni_daze

December 12, 2014 at 8:22 AM

No it doesn’t make you a child, what makes you a child is whining about it on social media instead of just dropping it through YM, which apparently he can’t do or he would have done it. I don’t think it’s stunt there have been rumors for years about how Baby, pays his artist like “Cadillac Records” with houses and cars but no real money.

2. Donnie W

December 10, 2014 at 2:22 PM

Man weezy neeed to god to Shady! Y nobody said that yet????? This is exactly what both wayne an Em need. Wayne needs some1 on his label with excellent lyrical quality and em needs that spark wayne always carry with him

3. Donnie W

December 10, 2014 at 2:23 PM

The competitive rivalry would mix well

Exclusive: The Bullet Scars That Will Forever Haunt Sheryl Lee Ralph’s Son, Etienne Maurice

Sheryl Lee Ralph shared a graphic photo on Instagram earlier this week of her son, Etienne Maurice, laying in a hospital bed bandaged up from bullet wounds. The purpose of the image was to be yet another voice calling to end gun violence.

On Wednesday, students across the country walked out of class to protest against gun violence, something that hit home for Ralph four years ago. “This mother wants #gunreform now! #guncontrol now,” she wrote.

It was during a night out in West Philadelphia that Ralph’s then 22-year-old child was robbed at gunpoint and shot three times; twice in the leg and one which grazed his forehead.

So as Ralph joined Wednesday’s national conversation about gun laws, HipHollywood talked exclusively with Etienne who shared exactly what went down the night a gun could have taken his life for good.

“I was shot four years ago, November 9 … I was black out drunk. The next thing I know I remember I woke up in the hospital, doctor said I had two bullet holes in my leg and a grazed bullet hole above my eyebrow.”

Maurice, who was robbed for his iPhone and his wallet, went on to tell us that this is something that he is reminded of constantly. “Having been shot is something that I carry with me every day. I still have numbness at the bottom of my leg from the nerve damage.”

And while he will always remember how he felt knowing his life almost ended, Etienne had a hard time fathoming how his famous mother felt. “We had the conversation about it last week and she said she peed on herself,” he told us.

For Maurice, he’s proud to see young children use their voices to make change. “There’s so many angles where we can talk about gun violence and how it’s effecting different communities,” he said. “Gun reform needs to take place now.”

Since that night, he hasn’t picked up a drink and has been now sober for four years. As for the suspects, a father-son duo, they are behind bars for attempted man slaughter.