Connect with us

FILMS

Queen Latifah To Pay Laid Off Staff Out Of Her Own Pocket!

Published

on

Seriously … Queen Latifah is the best!

Last month, it was reported that the CoverGirl spokesperson’s daytime talkshow, The Queen Latifah Show was being canceled after just two seasons. But being the kind and sweet woman Latifah is, the host plans on paying her staff with her own money through the holidays, this according to E! News’ Marc Malkin.

Although production will come to an end come the end of the year, originals will continue to air on CBS stations through March.

During an interview with the Queen just a week before announcing the show’s cancellation, Dana Owens, the host’s legal name, revealed to HipHollywood how difficult it is to put on a successful talkshow. “Anyone who takes on a talkshow is running the gauntlet and taking a chance,” the 44-year-old said.

“The people who have tuned in have been pretty loyal to the show and hopefully we get to keep building on that and introducing that to more people. In the meantime, I’ll do some movies and some music and keep juggling other balls,” she revealed. “I’ve been very fortunate to have a great fan base whose allowed me to experiment and that’s been important to who I am as a person. I need to be able to do that.”

When Latifah confirmed that the show’s journey was coming to an end, she posted this sweet letter on Facebook to herself, her staff and crew.

“Dear Dana, Just a little note to say Thank You … Thank you for your strong work ethic and great effort in getting The Queen Latifah Show off the ground and running. Your dedication and sacrifice was crucial to the entire team, and in the face of intense challenges, you displayed “True Grit”! Your Family, Partners, Staff and Crew showed up with you every step of the way. Be very proud of that! Not everyone can say the same. You can also say you have been a blessing to and been blessed by amazing guests and incredible audiences for this show. We truly changed people’s lives for the better. So… STAY POSITIVE, STAY STRONG, and most importantly, STAY OPEN… There is so much more God has in store! Lovingly, You! P.S. This letter is for me, my staff, my crew, and everyone who was by my side for this incredible journey. The most important thing in life is that you wake up every single day and take chances. No matter what the outcome…believe in yourself and continue to fly.” 

EXCLUSIVES

Eniko Hart Slays On First Red Carpet Since Giving Birth; Hear What Kevin Hart Had To Say!

Published

on

Kevin Hart may be the star in the family, but it’s his wife Eniko Hart who stole the show during the premiere for his flick “Jumani: Welcome To The Jungle”.

Getty Images

It was Mrs. Hart’s first red carpet since giving birth to the couple’s first child, Kenzo Kash, just three weeks ago. To say it was a snapback is an understatement. The 30-year-old, who worked out during her entire pregnancy, look sexy and svelt in a elegant black number while her superstar hubby hit the carpet in a black suit with white trim.

Although the couple faced some bumps in the road earlier this year with Kev being extorted over a video showing him cheating on his wife, the couple has bounced back. And on Tuesday night’s jungle-themed red carpet Hart told HipHollywood, “My wife is just an amazing woman … I would not be me right now without that woman in my life.”

You can see Kev, alongside Dewayne “The Rock” Johnson, Jack Black and more, when “Jumani: Welcome To The Jungle” hits theaters on December 20th.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

Instagram

Facebook

Advertisement

Trending

%d bloggers like this: