Exclusive: T.D. Jakes Fires Back At Deitrick Haddon: “My Plate Is Pretty Full”

By  |

There is one reason why T.D. Jakes has not “opened his doors” … Because his plate is already full.

During Wednesday night’s Power 100 Gala in Hollywood, Jakes’ fired back at pastor Deitrick Haddon who suggested that Bishop should let reality cameras into his life. “I’m a little bit busy,” he told HipHollywood exclusively. “I’m doing movies, I’m doing television, I’ve done talkshows, I pastor 30,000 people. I think my plate is pretty full.”

During HipHollywood’s chat with Haddon earlier this week, the Preachers of LA star said that Jakes, Creflo Dollar and Bishop Morton need to “open the doors” and share more of their personal lives. “Y’all real people, you want people to hear you preaching and talking every Sunday,” he said. “They have the right to know the real you … bottom line.”

Sound off: Do you think Bishop and other ministers should “let the cameras in?”

Click to see Haddon’s interview.

Pages: 1 2

1. Reuben Hyman

November 20, 2014 at 10:13 AM

Snake Oil salesmen at best! ALL OF THEM!

• Zimmerman

November 22, 2014 at 4:41 PM

lol

2. Xavier Ellison

November 23, 2014 at 5:52 AM

To Deitrick Haddon, I personally DO NOT feel that the Preachers of LA are successful. They just have a high demand for the show ( and that is all it is – A SHOW) for people who like gossip and drama.

Do not get me wrong…there is nothing wrong with material wealth / gain. However, I do have a problem with it when your lifestyle FAR EXCEEDS that of your followers (members / guests). Do any of these Preachers work? If the answer is no, then the Preachers of LA need to find alternative means of wealth rather than relying on the church or shows, if that’s what they’re doing. Moreover, they need to learn to focus on GIVING BACK as opposed to RECEIVING!!!

In the matter of Bishop Jakes, if his plate is really full, then why go after Young Jezzy in court over “sermon notes”??? After all, if you want to be technical, copyright laws are just another way of saying that you have exclusive rights to some thing. Well, when he rescinded to Haddon remark I feel what he was saying was had exclusive rights to his lifestyle. Let’s not be hypocritical. If you turn down the one, then turn down both. For one is no private than the other. Let’s just push it a little further. What’s the REAL MOTIVATION???

Who am I to judge? I am not. I am simply voicing my opinion. I, too, am a Minister of the Gospel of Jesus Christ (over 30 years) and have Pastored (over 14 years). The focus of my ministry have never been about what the church could / should give me. Sometimes it just wasn’t in the budget. So, therefore, I’ve learned to be content with who I am and where I am. Rick Warren said it best when he said, “The real heroes of the Gospel are those who are bi-vocational.”

Think on the following: What leads to strife (discord and feuds) and how do conflicts (quarrels and fightings) originate among you? Do they not arise from your sensual desires that are ever warring in your bodily members? You are jealous and covet [what others have] and your desires go unfulfilled; [so] you become murderers. [To hate is to murder as far as your hearts are concerned.] You burn with envy and anger and are not able to obtain [the gratification, the contentment, and the happiness that you seek], so you fight and war. You do not have, because you do not ask. [Or] you do ask [God for them] and yet fail to receive, because you ask with wrong purpose and evil, selfish motives. Your intention is [when you get what you desire] to spend it in sensual pleasures. You [are like] unfaithful wives [having illicit love affairs with the world and breaking your marriage vow to God]! Do you not know that being the world’s friend is being God’s enemy? So whoever chooses to be a friend of the world takes his stand as an enemy of God. Or do you suppose that the Scripture is speaking to no purpose that says, The Spirit Whom He has caused to dwell in us yearns over us and He yearns for the Spirit [to be welcome] with a jealous love? But He gives us more and more grace ( [a] power of the Holy Spirit, to meet this evil tendency and all others fully). That is why He says, God sets Himself against the proud and haughty, but gives grace [continually] to the lowly (those who are humble enough to receive it). So be subject to God. Resist the devil [stand firm against him], and he will flee from you. Come close to God and He will come close to you. [Recognize that you are] sinners, get your soiled hands clean; [realize that you have been disloyal] wavering individuals with divided interests, and purify your hearts [of your spiritual adultery]. [As you draw near to God] be deeply penitent and grieve, even weep [over your disloyalty]. Let your laughter be turned to grief and your mirth to dejection and heartfelt shame [for your sins]. Humble yourselves [feeling very insignificant] in the presence of the Lord, and He will exalt you [He will lift you up and make your lives significant]. [My] brethren, do not speak evil about or accuse one another. He that maligns a brother or judges his brother is maligning and criticizing the Law and judging the Law. But if you judge the Law, you are not a practicer of the Law but a censor and judge [of it]. One only is the Lawgiver and Judge Who is able to save and to destroy [the One Who has the absolute power of life and death]. [But you] who are you that [you presume to] pass judgment on your neighbor? Come now, you who say, Today or tomorrow we will go into such and such a city and spend a year there and carry on our business and make money. Yet you do not know [the least thing] about what may happen tomorrow. What is the nature of your life? You are [really] but a wisp of vapor (a puff of smoke, a mist) that is visible for a little while and then disappears [into thin air]. You ought instead to say, If the Lord is willing, we shall live and we shall do this or that [thing]. But as it is, you boast [falsely] in your presumption and your self-conceit. All such boasting is wrong. So any person who knows what is right to do but does not do it, to him it is sin (James 4:1-17).
    Who cares how many cameras one stands before and allow folk to see their “real side”? Who cares how “full one’s plate is? As Preachers let’s get off each other’s lifestyles and return to the real focus at hand, i.e., saving a lost world (lives and souls). Remember what the Scripture says, “And Jesus went about all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues and proclaiming the good news (the Gospel) of the kingdom and curing all kinds of disease and every weakness and infirmity. When He saw the throngs, He was moved with pity and sympathy for them, because they were bewildered (harassed and distressed and dejected and helpless), like sheep without a shepherd. Then He said to His disciples, The harvest is indeed plentiful, but the laborers are few. So pray to the Lord of the harvest to [m]force out and thrust laborers into His harvest (Matthew 9:35-38).

3. Lisa

November 23, 2014 at 9:36 AM

“Minister” Deitrick Haddon needs to mind his business. No one had a right to be in someone’s business. He decided to expose his messy, egotistical, hypocritical self, and so shouldn’t tell anyone what they should or shouldn’t do

4. elliot

November 23, 2014 at 11:34 AM

Deitrick Haddon needs to get a life of his own and stop trying to make others seems as unrighteous as he is.he so busy worried about trying get to make others seem.bad that he is revealing more of who he is. Bottom line it’s their personal life not the church members business. How bout you worry about making sure u repented for your 2 daughters who were conceived in fornication and stop trying to be deep.only to come off as shallow

5. Bingochick

November 23, 2014 at 1:40 PM

I think all Pastors should open up their doors. Especially in today’s society where their are so many crooks out here. People have the right to know that these Pastors are practicing what they preach because the world need a saving and we as a people need to know and feel that there is still hope. It ain’t about how many tv and talk shows he is doing, its more about knowing that you are a good pastor and practicing what you are preaching, because if you are basing your success off hollywood then you are not the truth. #Smokingmirrors. I really hope these Pastors are real.

6. mslady269

November 23, 2014 at 9:25 PM

I personally lost interest in the show. It’s a bit much and D Haddon… Well, I’m on the fence about him. I like him, but he rubs me the wrong way all at the same time. I don’t want to know all of their dirt. If God chooses someone as a vessel to minister His word, they probably have issues in their personal life and I don’t want to know what that is because it clouds the Word of God.

7. Elder Watkins

November 24, 2014 at 8:23 AM

At what benefit is opening up your life beneficial to the church. If you are really living holy, then that is your life. Nobody needs tosee all of my struggles, to show God’s hand on my life. The only thing it brings is another opportunity for the enemy and world to tear us apart and down.

8. Tamara Barbery

November 24, 2014 at 9:47 AM

No I don’t think that being a Pastor should be on a TV reality show. Truth be told Preacher’s of L.A is a joke. I think Haddon needs to be humbled.
    Pastor TD Jakes doesn’t have to prove n e thing to n e one. Just live ur life according to GOD’S word n lead ur flock into the kingdom not a soap opera.

9. nylse

November 25, 2014 at 11:26 AM

no; deitrick is misguided.
    even if their plates weren’t already full, there’s no reason for everything to be on tv. as a christian a camera does not confirm or validate who you are.

10. MK

November 26, 2014 at 11:39 AM

it can become too commercialized if every Pastor starts doing reality TV. The first season of Peacher’s of LA started off ok, but this second season is really drama filled…it’s unnessary.