Connect with us

MUSIC

Must Watch: Jay Z And Beyonce Release Part 1 Of ‘Bang Bang’ Movie Trilogy

Published

on

And the Oscar goes to …

Jay Z and Beyonce released part 1 of their movie trilogy Bang Bang and the near three minute clip is nothing short of a cigar. In the mini film, which appeared throughout the couple’s two-and-a-half month long tour, On the Run, Hov and the Queen Bey play two American outlaws speeding through the Californian desert in a dusty 1960s Pontiac GTO.

“In my first conversation on the telephone with Jay Z he explained his concept of On the Run. He said: ‘We’re not trying to do this literally. It’s not that we’re Bonnie and Clyde. We’re on the run from everything. On the run from becoming a cliché. On the run from doing the same thing again.’ Everything he mentioned was a level of consciousness he has for staying alive as an entertainer and as a human being,” director Dikayl Rimmasch tells Nowness. “He wanted to keep it more abstract because for him it was very abstract. How do you stay new, not just to your audience but also yourself?”

He added, “Just before we started shooting on the first day, I was introduced to Beyoncé and Jay Z in their trailer,” Rimmasch says. “They didn’t really know what I was going to do, so I said, ‘I’m going to shoot for five minutes. We’re going to process the footage, I’ll bring it back for you to look at it, and that’s basically what the footage is going to look like.’ We picked a very particular, beautiful moment with Beyoncé in the mirrors, we processed the footage in a couple minutes and brought it back, and she thought it was beautiful. Jay Z came out and we shot for five minutes, with him and the cigar, and did the same thing.”

Bang Bang celebrated its finale on Saturday at Stade de France in Paris.

And don’t forget to tune in for On the Run Tour: Beyoncé and Jay Z premieres Sept. 20 on HBO.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

EXCLUSIVES

Exclusive: Sorry, Folks, Diddy Did NOT Offer H&M Model A Contract

Published

on

Last week rumors started circulating that Diddy had offered Liam Mango, the young model featured in the H&M ad a Sean John modeling contract. Unfortunately those reports, as sweet as they sound, aren’t true.

Diddy spoke to reporters backstage before a tapping of his new show The Four  and clarified what really happened.

“I didn’t actually offer a modeling contract to him I told my people to reach out to him so we could use him in the next shoot that we do,” he explained.  “But with that being said, I think that what we’re seeing is just a general insensitivity to how we feel you know. I think that H&M is going to feel the results of that.”

H&M has issued an official apology for featuring Mango on their website in a “Coolest Monkey In The Jungle” hoodie, saying in a statement : “We sincerely apologize for offending people with this image of a printed hooded top. The image has been removed from all online channels and the product will not be for sale in the United States. We believe in diversity and inclusion in all that we do and will be reviewing all our internal policies accordingly to avoid any future issues.”

After photos of the young boy hit the web, folks started speaking out against the retailer calling them racist and insensitive. But one person not feeling that way was Mango’s mother. She posted her thoughts Facebook questioning what all the fuss is about. “I really don’t understand but not coz am choosing not to but because it’s not my way of thinking, sorry.”

She and the boys father Terry Odhiambo have since had a change of heart appearing on ITV on Monday, saying they don’t think that there’s ever an “overreaction when it comes to racism”.

They also said they’ve had to move from their home in Sweden, and haven’t been able to live a normal life since the controversy started.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

Instagram

Facebook

Advertisement

Trending

%d bloggers like this: