Exclusive Photos: Inside Bobby Womack’s Memorial Service

HipHollywood has obtained exclusive photos from inside the funeral services of the late great, Bobby Womack.

A memorial service for Womack was held on Thursday morning at the City of Refuge church in Los Angeles. Family and friends gathered at the famed church to honor the “If You Think You’re Lonley Now” singer who died on June 27 at the age of 70. During the home going celebration, the church’s pastor, Bishop Noel Jones read the eulogy.

Inside the church, gorgeous floral arrangements and photos of the late singer were placed around the casket and throughout the building.

Womack funeral 3

Womack Funeral 2

Womack Fuenral 1

Following the services, a repass was held at Chakra Indian restaurant where Bobby’s loved ones enjoyed traditional and creative Indian cuisine. A source tells HipHollywood that the family is “doing well.”

According to reports, prior to Womack’s death, the singer had suffered from cancer and Alzheimer’s disease.

1. Linda LaHue

July 11, 2014 at 3:39 PM

I have been a Great Admirer of Bobby Womack since the early 70’S. I loved all of his music. I never missed seeing him perform when he was in St.Louis. He will be missed.

2. Debbie Mills

July 11, 2014 at 8:52 PM

Other people can comfort and console us in our grief, They can be part of the healing but only after all the waves of mourning have washed through our lives, Comfort can come only after we can accept death as a reality…and only as Jesus brings us to the realization that physical death is not the end. May God Cont. To Bless The Family

3. Debbie Mills

July 11, 2014 at 8:54 PM

4. Debbie Mills

July 11, 2014 at 9:01 PM

Thank you, Lord, for the new freedoms, No More Pain, No More TEARS, NOTHING But “TEARS Of Joy” …….R.I.P..BOBBY WOMACK, YOU WILL BE DEADLY MS.

5. Ricky K Williams

July 12, 2014 at 12:04 PM

I will never forget Bobby Womack I met him here in Houston Tx at a Am radio station K Y O K. 1590 He was promoting his Communications Lp and song out of that Lp was that’s the way I feel about cha that was in 1971 I remeber it like yesterday R I P Bobby Womack you will always be in my heart.

6. bubbles

July 12, 2014 at 2:31 PM

I will truly miss this man and his music,soul will never be the same!We love you bobby!see you on the other side!

7. Wilbert Perro

July 12, 2014 at 4:26 PM

R.I.P..Beautiful Bobby. You ain’t gonna always be sweet16..Right On Bobby.

8. Brother-Evangelist Terry McConnell

July 12, 2014 at 5:30 PM

I have listened to Bobby’s music since childhood and was always amazed at his ability to sing and play musicial instrumentation the way he did as Bobby was truly gifted. I understood much better as I matured both naturally and musically why Sam Cooke contracted him at such a young age: Bobby was truly gifted as an Artist and Performer. May he rest in Peace as I know that he was a believer in Christ (listen to his rendition of ‘Yes, Jesus Loves Me’ on his “Check It Out” album from the early seventies). My prayers are with his family and all those left behind.

9. Alexander May

July 12, 2014 at 10:41 PM

“Love The Time Is Now”…..My Friend The Late Legendary Robert Dwayne “Bobby” Womack

10. Jack Philpot

July 13, 2014 at 6:17 AM

A true inspiration to me, on I’m “In love tour” with The Wicked. RIP my brother. You are still a Midnight Mover.

11. Barbara Jenkins

July 13, 2014 at 5:02 PM

Bobby Womack, I loved all of his music – I first know of his music when Sam Cooke’s got killed. I was very young living in L A near the hotel where Sam was killed. I always kept up with the story when Bobby married Sam wife Barbara. Bobby music helped me throw trouble times then and now, I have all of his music he put out and I will always play his music. I hope a movie about Bobby life will come later.

12. Ernest Harden Jr.

July 13, 2014 at 5:21 PM

When I first got to LA, Bobby was like a big brother to me, we worked out in gym at the then (Beverly Hills Health Club), played basketball and ran long distance together. I was blessed to be at his home at times when he would all of a sudden break out his guitar and play and sing a new song. I was so glad to have had the chance to pay my respects at his wonderful home going. He was a friend and I loved him very much. Ernest Harden Jr.

13. Ernest Harden Jr.

July 13, 2014 at 5:23 PM

Please run my entire comment. I just wanted the people know how wonderful and man his was.

14. Ernest Harden Jr.

July 13, 2014 at 5:24 PM

Wonderful this man was !

15. NJnative

July 20, 2014 at 12:55 PM

Rest in Peace Bobby, my favorite song “No Matter How High I Get”.

• wbrown

September 7, 2014 at 1:16 PM

U live. Life Mr Bobby womack from the time you were born to give and gave us all or loving heart was attended to do musicals /classical music love peace and soul is what you. Rip

• # Grand

September 14, 2016 at 9:03 PM

My favorite also

What ‘Geostorm’s’ Gerard Butler & Abbie Cornish Wish They Could Control Via Satellite

One of the many taglines for the new drama, Geostorm, is simply: “Some things weren’t meant to be controlled.”

The film follows a team comprised of world leaders that have one goal in mind: to save the world from natural disasters with the creation of Dutch Boy, a series of satellite grids that control weather and natural disasters around the world.

And while the movie is flooded with action and stellar performances, the film ironically rivals recent natural disasters and crises around the world, and welcomes a bigger conversation. “That’s the genus behind the movie,” the film’s star, Gerard Butler, told HipHollywood. “But nobody knew how acutely it was going to be happening when the movie came out.”

He added, “It’s fun, it’s epic, it’s exciting, but at its core, it’s like, listen, ‘We gotta be careful. We gotta be really careful.”

Co-star Jim Sturgess added. “There is this sort of backbone, a message about climate change, and you kind of hope that audience members leave with that somewhere in the consciousness.”

With the idea, however, that a large unit could control the world’s natural weather patterns, imagine if the same could apply for people’s personal lives.

So when HipHollywood sat down with the cast of the film, we asked: If you could have a grid of satellites over your personal life, what would it control?

For Abbie Cornish, she “wouldn’t mind a satellite that could bring all the local organic seasonal fruits and vegetables to my house ” or “a satellite to drop down fresh flowers.” Jim Sturgess suggested he would love help with “being late for things.”

But it was Butler who suggested “integration.”

He explained, “As opposed to having different satellites and saying, ‘Here’s one for my personal life, here’s one for my relationships, here’s one for my career; I’d rather just have one big satellite, combine them all together, and just shine a whole bunch of positive inspirational light on me as a whole.”

Geostorm hits theaters on Friday, October 20.