Why Jay Z, Beyonce Are “On The Run” From Nobody

The public’s obsession with Jay Z and Beyonce appears to have dwindled because no one is buying tickets to their upcoming “On The Run” stadium tour. HipHollywood has discovered that almost none of the couple’s shows have sold-out. In fact, there are still thousands of seats available for shows in LA, Atlanta, Miami, Houston, New Orleans and other major US cities. Check out all those blue dots for the August 3rd show in Los Angeles.

seats

The couple’s stock has taken a dive following their now infamous elevator showdown with Solange. That coupled with a star-packed trailer for an imaginary movie may have left a sour taste in the mouths of their fans. It could also be that the pair is charging too much for diehard fans to attend concerts. A floor seat will set you back about $550, which for most Americans, is still a lot of money.
“Beyonce’s album had a big first month with ‘Drunk in Love’, but the last several singles have tanked on the charts,” an industry insider told RadarOnline. “If you’re launching a stadium tour, you have to have airplay, and she’s had no hits lately on the radio.”

What do you think? Will you be checking out Bey-Z’s tour if they come to your neck of the woods?

1. Amber B

June 18, 2014 at 8:53 AM

Not for $550 I won’t, that money is of better use in my children’s college funds. I love the pair but those tickets are way over priced.

• Tiera

June 19, 2014 at 6:12 PM

I don’t know them but yes college funds are WAY more important!

2. Kelly J.

June 18, 2014 at 10:30 AM

$550 for a floor ticket. They have lost their minds. NO way no how. Mayyybe for fifty bucks and not a penny more. Maybe not even for fifty bucks. Used to love both but these two are fake and played and need to have a seat.

3. Cleopatra Jones

June 18, 2014 at 3:04 PM

Up front the tickets are over 1000.00 and in the far rear 250.00 meaning u need binoculars. They are not the Rolling Stones. The ticket prices are too high and both just came off tour. They look too greedy and the public is listening to others right now.

4. Guest

June 19, 2014 at 5:44 AM

Broke blacks stay complaining, you really think $50 for Jay Z AND Beyonce…you people have lost your mind. And you wonder why they don’t cater to urban communities you people are cheap and quick to sell yourselves short. Sad really

• Tiera

June 19, 2014 at 6:11 PM

I am building my own wealth! I don’t give my revenue to anyone other than those less fortunate NOT people I do not know!

• April

July 14, 2014 at 7:13 PM

Not sad, they will go yachting and sailing and posting beautiful vacation pictures on Instagram with your hard-earned money. Now that’s SAD. If it’s really about making a difference in urban communities, I can think of a thousand organizations in dire need of money and time that are in major need of generous contributors. These two are not saving the world.

5. Tiera

June 19, 2014 at 6:09 PM

HELL NO!

6. Naiya

June 20, 2014 at 3:48 PM

It was Jay Z’s idea for Beyonce to go out on tour last year because of her successful Superbowl performance & the hype surronding her singing at the 2013 Presidential Inauguration. She was hot on everyone’s mind…so he thought $$! Fast forward a year later and Bey’s album exploded in Dec but has since stalled. But she has to promote the album cause it’s tanking…..and she needs to sing all those lovey dovey songs to her husband on stage. This is why they’re on the run.

7. April

July 14, 2014 at 7:08 PM

It’s not about being cheap or not supporting, there’s a huge difference between 50 and 550 for tix to see an act when they both recently had respective tours. 550 dollars is 2 months’ worth of food for me, I’m sorry but I’m not going hungry to see a show. If you have that kind of disposable income to throw around, why not become a patron of the arts, support black owned businesses, schools, etc.? And if you’re a big enough fan to go out and drop a few hundred on a ticket, by all means do so, but don’t lambast people for prioritizing their spending as they deem necessary. When you need help paying your rent or buying food, I’m sure Jay and Bey will be on their yacht drinking wine and laughing as they sail into the sunset.

8. Kristina

July 23, 2014 at 10:40 AM

I’d love to go but these prices are ridiculous. Don’t they have enough $$$?!? Instead I’m going to check out Drake and lil Wayne…prices are a lot more reasonable. Bad move B and J….

Watch: Julia Roberts And Owen Wilson Give Advice To Their 10-Year-Old Selves

To say Wonder is a must see movie is an understatement! Not only will the film touch you and inspire you to be a better person, it will also entertain you from start to finish.

But don’t take our word for it. HipHollywood sat down with the film’s stars Julia Roberts and Owen Wilson who shared their excitement to bring this heartwarming story to life and how they channeled their real-life parenting skills into the role.

“I think we felt a responsibility to be authentically parents and authentically parents to these two kids, said the 50 year old mother of three. “And I think that’s why you really believe these four people are family and are really having this experience together.”

In the film based on the NY times best seller, Roberts and Wilson play the parents of a teenage daughter (Izabela Vidovic) and 10-year-old boy (Jacob Tremblay) with facial differences entering mainstream elementary school for the first time.

When asked if they had any advice for their ten year old selves, Roberts said: “I have a ten year old son and I tell him to run.”

Meanwhile Wilson says he remembers 5th grade vividly, and enjoyed having his brother Andrew Wilson at the same school to protect him. “It helped so much having an older brother who was already at the school, so that would be the advice I’d give, have a cool older brother.”

Wonder hits theaters November 17, just one day before Wilson’s 49th birthday.