Connect with us


The View Shake Up: Sherri Shepherd, Jenny McCarthy Announce Departure!



Just weeks after Barbara Walter’s final departure from ABC’s The View, it’s been announced that co-host Sherri Shepherd will be moving on as well. According to reports, Shepherd has known for several months that she would be leaving, but the stayed quiet because she didn’t want to outshine Walter’s exit.

“It’s been seven wonderful years on The View and after careful consideration it is time for me to move on. I am extremely grateful to Barbara Walters and (executive producer) Bill Geddie for giving me the opportunity,” Shepherd said in a statement to The Wrap. “I look forward to the business opportunities that lay ahead for me and I am incredibly grateful to my View family and my fans for supporting me on this journey.

The View also confirmed that co-host, Jenny McCarthy will be departing, writing in a statement to Entertainment Weekly:

The View will be moving in an exciting new direction next year and ABC has made decisions to evolve the show creatively.”

On Thursday night, McCarthy took to Twitter to address her exit, writing:

“If Sherri goes… I go too. #sisters.” She later added, “My View will be changing too. As will with many hard working folks. Thanks to everyone at the show for your dedication and an amazing year.”

The only woman now left standing is longtime host, Whoopi Goldberg. According to TMZ, the new direction of the show may include adding Rosie O’Donnell back to the panel, possibly Laila ALi, Ross Matthews or former NFL quarterback Jesse Palmer.







Continue Reading
1 Comment

1 Comment

  1. My 70 year old view

    August 9, 2014 at 12:55 AM

    I’d like to see a panel of Mario Cantone, Ross Matthews, Leah Remini, Theresa (the Long Island medium), a conservative with intelligence and class (Megan McCain?), stop Whoopi’s dirty talk, no more big-mouths, no celebrity gossip-mongers, Diane Sawyer (she would be the best!), stop interrupting a speaker, and, in general, no more dumbbells, PLEASE. America needs fun, intelligence, class, and respect.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


Exclusive: The Bullet Scars That Will Forever Haunt Sheryl Lee Ralph’s Son, Etienne Maurice



Sheryl Lee Ralph shared a graphic photo on Instagram earlier this week of her son, Etienne Maurice, laying in a hospital bed bandaged up from bullet wounds. The purpose of the image was to be yet another voice calling to end gun violence.

On Wednesday, students across the country walked out of class to protest against gun violence, something that hit home for Ralph four years ago. “This mother wants #gunreform now! #guncontrol now,” she wrote.

It was during a night out in West Philadelphia that Ralph’s then 22-year-old child was robbed at gunpoint and shot three times; twice in the leg and one which grazed his forehead.

So as Ralph joined Wednesday’s national conversation about gun laws, HipHollywood talked exclusively with Etienne who shared exactly what went down the night a gun could have taken his life for good.

“I was shot four years ago, November 9 … I was black out drunk. The next thing I know I remember I woke up in the hospital, doctor said I had two bullet holes in my leg and a grazed bullet hole above my eyebrow.”

Maurice, who was robbed for his iPhone and his wallet, went on to tell us that this is something that he is reminded of constantly. “Having been shot is something that I carry with me every day. I still have numbness at the bottom of my leg from the nerve damage.”

And while he will always remember how he felt knowing his life almost ended, Etienne had a hard time fathoming how his famous mother felt. “We had the conversation about it last week and she said she peed on herself,” he told us.

For Maurice, he’s proud to see young children use their voices to make change. “There’s so many angles where we can talk about gun violence and how it’s effecting different communities,” he said. “Gun reform needs to take place now.”

Since that night, he hasn’t picked up a drink and has been now sober for four years. As for the suspects, a father-son duo, they are behind bars for attempted man slaughter.

Continue Reading





%d bloggers like this: