Connect with us

MUSIC

Rihanna’s Instagram Gets Shut Down, Fans Go Crazy

Published

on

UPDATE: Just hours after Rihanna’s Instagram account was activated, the singer’s account was shut down again. When you click on her page, the words, “Page not found” appear.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Message to Instagram: Don’t mess around with Rihanna’s fans!

On Monday morning, the social media website allegedly suspended the singer’s Instagram account because of some seductive images posted by the star. Last week, the “Diamonds” singer shared a snapshot of her nude Lui magazine cover, but network was not pleased with the post and warned the star to not post racy pictures anymore.

In response to the warning, the 25-year-old posted a hilarious photo of herself all covered up with the message:

“Rih’s Next Magazine Cover If It Was Up To Instagram.”

But it appears as though Instagram had enough with the star’s snapshots and shut it down for some time. It’s not clear how long the page was deactivated, but fans were furious, some even threatening to not use Instagram until Ri’s page is back up.

“We want Rihanna to come back,” one user wrote. “Instagram bring her back or you’ll lose 12 million users,” another post read.

After thousands of posts regarding Ri’s alleged suspended account, her account was eventually reactivated and as expected, the navy rejoiced. But of course, it was a scary time for Ri’s number one fans.

 

 

Continue Reading
Advertisement
3 Comments

3 Comments

  1. sunni_daze

    May 5, 2014 at 11:04 AM

    They should have known better she just got an award for strongest/wildest Navy at the iheart awards.

  2. Alek

    May 6, 2014 at 4:17 AM

    Wow if there is that much power in protesting…..why isnt it being used for the better and far more important reasons

  3. Pingback: Fernando and Greg’s Gossip Closet! (05.07.14) « 99.7 [NOW!]

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

EXCLUSIVES

Exclusive: Sorry, Folks, Diddy Did NOT Offer H&M Model A Contract

Published

on

Last week rumors started circulating that Diddy had offered Liam Mango, the young model featured in the H&M ad a Sean John modeling contract. Unfortunately those reports, as sweet as they sound, aren’t true.

Diddy spoke to reporters backstage before a tapping of his new show The Four  and clarified what really happened.

“I didn’t actually offer a modeling contract to him I told my people to reach out to him so we could use him in the next shoot that we do,” he explained.  “But with that being said, I think that what we’re seeing is just a general insensitivity to how we feel you know. I think that H&M is going to feel the results of that.”

H&M has issued an official apology for featuring Mango on their website in a “Coolest Monkey In The Jungle” hoodie, saying in a statement : “We sincerely apologize for offending people with this image of a printed hooded top. The image has been removed from all online channels and the product will not be for sale in the United States. We believe in diversity and inclusion in all that we do and will be reviewing all our internal policies accordingly to avoid any future issues.”

After photos of the young boy hit the web, folks started speaking out against the retailer calling them racist and insensitive. But one person not feeling that way was Mango’s mother. She posted her thoughts Facebook questioning what all the fuss is about. “I really don’t understand but not coz am choosing not to but because it’s not my way of thinking, sorry.”

She and the boys father Terry Odhiambo have since had a change of heart appearing on ITV on Monday, saying they don’t think that there’s ever an “overreaction when it comes to racism”.

They also said they’ve had to move from their home in Sweden, and haven’t been able to live a normal life since the controversy started.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

Instagram

Facebook

Advertisement

Trending

%d bloggers like this: