After much thought and consideration, Mariah Carey has officially announced the title for her 14th studio album.
The singer released a teaser video announcing the title, which she tells Billboard was a “personal possession of mine that’s part of an entity that I’ve had almost all my life.”
Me. I Am Mariah…The Elusive Chanteuse is taken from a self portrait drawn when Mariah was just a young child. “On the back cover of this album, is a personal treasure. This is my first and only self portrait. I drew it when I was only 3 1/2-years-old and entitled it Me. I Am Mariah,” the singer says in the video.
She continues, “It was a creative visualization of how I saw myself with the purity of a child’s heart before it was ever broken. I’ve kept this drawing private for so long, but because this album is a reflection of some of the peaks and valleys that have made me who I am today, I’ve decided to share it with those of you who actually care and have been here for me through it all.”
“I am Mariah. Along the way there have been a couple nick names and I have been envertly embodied by different personas. Lately they’ve been calling me The Elusive Chanteuse.”
The album, which features Nas, Wale and Miguel, is set to drop May 27.
Check out the album’s track list below:
3. Dedicated (feat. Nas)
4. #Beautiful (feat. Miguel)
6. Make It Look Good
7. You’re Mine (Eternal)
8. You Don’t Know What To Do (feat. Wale)
9. Supernatural (With Special Guest Stars “Dembabies” a.k.a. Ms. Monroe & Mr. Moroccan Scott Cannon a.k.a. Roc ‘N Roe)
12. Money ($ * / …) (feat. Fabolous)
13. One More Try
14. Heavenly (No Ways Tired/Can’t Give Up Now)
15. It’s a Wrap (feat. Mary J. Blige) [Deluxe edition]
16. Betcha Gon’ Know (feat. R. Kelly) [Deluxe edition]
17. The Art of Letting Go [Deluxe edition]
18. Me. I Am Mariah…The Elusive Chanteuse