FILMS

Ashanti Shuts Down Nelly Dating Rumors … It Was Just A Party!

Ashanti took to Twitter on Wednesday morning to slam rumors that she and ex-boyfriend Nelly are back together.

“Come on y’all it was a party… Lol #braveheart2014 iGotit!!!”

Earlier today, gossip site Media Take Out reported that the duo rekindled their relationship, even fueling rumors that the rapper cheated on his reported current girlfriend, Tae Heckard. The report comes after a photo surfaced of the two getting cozy at Meek Mills’ Grammy party over the weekend.

That same weekend, HipHollywood caught up with Ashanti at Clive Davis’ Annual Pre-Grammy Party to talk about her past relationship with the St. Louis rapper. When asked why the singer decided to further open up about her former fiery love on her forthcoming album Braveheart, the star told us that it’s all about the movement.

“Being that the album is called Braveheart, I have to be that stamp for being brave,” she said. “And it’s a whole meaning behind everything. The album is all cohesive, it makes since, and again, is revealing what I’ve gone through, what I’m going through now, just living life and going through different experiences.”

She added, “Everybody has something to say anyway. If you want to find out, get the album.”

1. Jlo's 35

January 31, 2014 at 2:35 PM

Nelly and Ashanti need to stop lying….I hope they continue to work it out!

2. CC

February 4, 2014 at 8:14 AM

Ihope they are, they made a Beautiful couple can not see the two with on one else but the two of them God Bless this couple.

3. CC

February 4, 2014 at 8:18 AM

I hope they are, they made a beautiful couple I can not see the two of them with no one else they was meant to be.
    a couple made in Heaven, God Bless this couple

4. Greenie O'Wobbles

February 11, 2014 at 9:41 AM

Pretty sure she ended it because he wouldn’t “put a ring on it,” to quote Mrs. Jay-Z. Good for her. WE shouldn’t SETTLE for being baby mamas, or “shacking-up” partners. I, for sure, would NEVER do that. Even if it means being called AN OLD MAID. As far as I’m concerned, I rather be an old maid, knowing that I DID NOT compromise myself just to be considered “normal,” than doing what a large number of women(including my mother)have done, and not be able to face myself in the mirror. JS.

5. J Hariss

February 11, 2014 at 1:12 PM

I hope Nelly stop playing games with Tae and get back together. She is a better fit and uber gorgeous. She is defintely a better person and hotter than ashanti.

6. Lady

May 18, 2014 at 11:37 AM

Tae And Ashanti looks alike, and let me remind you… though looks may attract a man, it takes more than that to keep him….just a little wisdom for ya!!!! Ashanti is more of a woman for Nelly and they have more history than the little girl Tae….

FILMS

Why Tyler Perry Says He’s A “James Evans” Kind Of Dad

The “Boo” is back!

In Boo 2: A Madea Halloween, Tyler Perry’s character Brian is a bit of a dorky dad … but in real life, Perry says he lays down the law when it comes to his own son, 3 1/2 year-old Aman.

HH caught up with Tyler during the press rounds for Boo 2 and the multi-facted mogul gave us some insight on how and why he would be quick to transform into a James Evans (from Good Times) kind of dad.