Kanye West recently did an interview with Los Angeles radio station 97.1 FM. During the chat, the rapper discussed his feelings about society, pop culture and himself as a creative person.
Here are some of the more memorable quotes from the interview:
- “I only listen to people who are younger than me, these are the only people with ideas. You cannot give me any advice. You can help me, you can support Donda, you can cut a check, you can help me build some infrastructure–but I have the ideas. No one older than me has a better idea than me because I am the only 36 year old me!”
- “I’m the most relevant voice on the planet earth at age 36, post being the most hated. So don’t try to tell me anything! Help me! Help me, help other people.”
When asked if he would consider Watch the Throne 2 he said that it would be a possibility but that music is no longer his primary focus.
- “Music is not my focus, my focus is getting the proper type of deal backing from a major company whether it is Nike, Adidas whatever…to back Yeezy.”
Then he addressed his “rants” saying that they were not rants but rather “inspirational, visionary breaks in pop culture.”
- “Every time I talk it is a crack in the matrix.”
The interviewer closed the interview by asking ‘Ye about his relationship with Miley Cyrus and her performance at the VMAs. This is what Kanye had to say.
- “Creatively from a Donda perspective, I would just want her to twerk more.”
- “I just think that her entire performance should have just been her twerking.”
Here is the full interview.
It’s Litty! Migos, Jaden Smith & More Turn Up At ‘Bright’ World Premiere
Netflix definitely made sure the world premiere for their new flick Bright was lit!
Before the films stars including Will Smith, Joel Edgerton, Edgar Ramierez and Noomi Rapace hit the black carpet, Migos surprised fans with a pop-up performance.
Smith’s son Jaden also rocked the packed crowd at the Regency Village Theatre in Westwood.
Artists featured on the soundtrack BRIGHT: THE ALBUM including Portugal The Man, Machine Gun Kelly, Ty Dolla $ign, Kiiara, Slushie, Grey, Dram, and Bebe Rexha also hit up the premiere.
Will also snapped some fun flicks with his son Jaden before greeting fans and speaking with reporters including HipHollywood.
He told HipHollywood that he was super excited to reunite with his Suicide Squad director David Ayer for the film, and would “work with him whenever he wants to.“
“I love his madness how he creates,” gushes Smith. “How he thinks about scenes, the way he works with actors, it’s some of the best psychological work of any director I’ve ever worked with.”
In the film Smith plays an LAPD cop in a mythical world of orcs, elves and fairies … and Ayer told us, he couldn’t think of anyone better for the role.
“We had such a good time on Suicide Squad together and this role is kind of perfect for him, it’s an edgy movie, buts it’s funny. He’s got the best sense of humor of anybody I know.”
BRIGHT debuts on Netflix December 22. Peep the newest trailer below.
EXCLUSIVES5 days ago
Inside LeToya Luckett’s Intimate Weekend Wedding!
EXCLUSIVES2 days ago
Katt Williams Is Ready For His Comeback: “My Only Goal Is Getting Better”
NEWS3 days ago
They’ve Gone Too Far … This Is Why We’re Finally, Completely, Utterly Over The Kardashians!
EXCLUSIVES4 days ago
Eniko Hart Slays On First Red Carpet Since Giving Birth; Hear What Kevin Hart Had To Say!
EXCLUSIVES3 days ago
SAG Award Nominations Are In And Mary J. Blige Gets Major Praise!
NEWS4 days ago
Jada Pinkett Smith’s Aggressive Yet Quiet Reaction To Tiffany Haddish Golden Globes Snub
NEWS4 days ago
3 Times Simone Biles Aggressively Called Out The Trolls For Dissing Her Looks
NEWS4 days ago
Dwayne Johnson And Girlfriend Expecting Second Child – See The Adorable Announcement