Connect with us

EXCLUSIVES

Exclusive: Terrence Howard Trying To Rebuild His Career After Iron Man

Published

on

It looks like Terrence Howard’s career is finally on the upswing. The actor, who was once on a career high following Hustle & Flow and starring in Iron Man, is now just happy to be back in Hollywood’s good graces.

HipHollywood caught up with the Oscar nominated actor for his latest film Prisoners and chatted about his latest string of roles and how he’s rebuilding his career.

“There was a lot of downfall from ‘Iron Man’ years ago,” said Howard eluding to how deciding not to take a pay cut to return for the sequel nearly cost him his career. “You try and rebuild and rebuild and rebuild, but what I’ve learned from being on the outskirts of the business instead of being the center is that, I’ve learned how important it is to maintain the integrity of the work, and that they’re aren’t small roles just small actors.”

This year alone, Howard has starred in Dead Man Down, The Butler, Prisoners and will next be seen in Best Man Holiday. But for all the recent achievements, the actor still can’t avoid the controversy. Just last month his ex-wife came forward claiming Howard attacked her during their family vacation. Howard vehemently denied the claims, and told us his only recourse is to allow his work on screen to outshine the negative headlines.

“You can’t change in life,” explained. “But what you can do is transform, like you take a rose, it has a thousands thorns on it but the moment that the rose blossoms, you no longer see the thorns … that’s what you do. You transform by allowing the beauty to outshine the prickly things of life.”

Continue Reading
Advertisement
4 Comments

4 Comments

  1. Cornballbrother

    September 14, 2013 at 3:39 AM

    His career is over. He’ll likely kill a woman and/or himself sometime soon. He’s been convicted and/or suspected with beating at least 5 women. You need to do some more reporting. I will help you: He is a violent deranged lying sack of garbage and I predict he won’t be hired for anything serious again. Who wants this albatross around when there are so many more talented actors?

    • tenchu

      September 24, 2013 at 4:45 AM

      you sound like a very sad, pathetic cornball…

      • Cornballbrother

        September 24, 2013 at 3:04 PM

        Do you beat women and make ridiculous lies about it too? So he signed a permanent order and agreed to pay her. Still backing him?

  2. Filmore Slim

    September 18, 2013 at 1:39 PM

    It’s hard out here for a pimp

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

EXCLUSIVES

Tracee Ellis Ross Spills The Real Tea On ‘Black-ish’ Wage Demands + Deon Cole, Jenifer Lewis Weigh In

Published

on

Tracee Ellis Ross is unveiling the truth behind recent reports that she was demanding more money for her time spent on ABC’s Black-ish.

Just last week, The Hollywood Reporter suggested Tracy was in negotiations and asking for more for not only going into her fourth season on the hit show, but because her male co-host, Anthony Anderson, makes significantly more than she does.

The report also claimed that if she didn’t make any headway, she might step away and consider guest starring on other shows.

Over the weekend, Ellis addressed the reports and didn’t exactly deny the claims. In a lengthy statement shared on social media, Ross said that she “was in renegotiation, like many actors find themselves in during the fourth season of a successful show.”

She continued, “I wanted to be compensated in a way that matches my contribution to a show that I love for many reasons, including the opportunity it allows me to reshape what it is to be a fully realized black woman on TV.”

She did, however, confirm that claims there were threats are false. “I wish I could have been called by the reporter to confirm that,” she wrote.

Tracy’s statement falls right in line with what her co-stars, Deon Cole and Jenifer Lewis, explained to HipHollywood on Sunday night during the 2018 SAG Awards.

When asked about Ross’ desire to earn more money, Lewis said, “Tracee should have more money, you should have more money, every woman should have more money because we’ve been in the background too long. ”

Television’s favorite mom continued, “We’ve got grab her by the pussy in the White House and women are not standing for it anymore. Black-ish is a very important show, we are dealing with all the pressing issues of our time … This is the time to look it in the face and address it and come through the fire. Women are not taking it anymore.”

Deon also shut down rumors that Ross would be taking a back seat, telling us “There’s two sides to every story. Tracee is fine, everybody is fine, and everybody is getting paid. Everybody is eating. It’s all love I promise you.”

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

Instagram

Facebook

Advertisement

Trending

%d bloggers like this: