Exclusive: PETA Reacts To Pharrell’s Moncler Fur Coat, Wants To Send Him Anti-Fur Video

Pharrell Williams made quite a fashion statement on Thursday night when he arrived to the opening of the new Moncler store in Paris in head-to-toe fur.

Williams, who recently teamed up with the high end fashion line to create his own line of sunglasses, arrived to the launch wearing a large, fur headpiece and coat from the designer’s winter collection.

Moncler New Flagship Opening in Paris - Press Conference

Moncler New Flagship Opening in Paris - Press Conference

Pharrell is known for his dapper, sleek, fashion style, but Thursday’s ensemble raised several eyebrows, including PETA, the world’s biggest animal rights organization.

“If Pharrell knew that animals on fur farms—including dogs and cats—are beaten, electrocuted, and even skinned alive for their fur, we’re sure that he’d join the growing number of celebrities and top designers who stick to faux fur and pleather,” PETA exclusively told HipHollywood.

“The fashion world is moving in the direction of cruelty-free chic—a classy look that Pharrell sports better than anyone,” PETA stated.

“We’re contacting him, sending him this video narrated by Stella McCartney, and hoping he joins Russell Simmons, among other fashion icons, in saying “no” to fur forever,” the organization added.

Sound off: What do you think of Pharrell’s fur get-up?

1. Pam Guss

September 28, 2013 at 12:39 PM

I hope Pharrell stops wearing fur altogether. It’s not a good look. If he knew what happened on fur farms, he would give it up.

• coyoteblanket

January 16, 2014 at 10:12 AM

I guess if I had $80 million…I could look any way I wanted and not really care what other people thought of me

2. Jade

September 30, 2013 at 4:50 AM

You know what PETA, I bet on any given day you could walk into your headquarters and find half of your people wearing leather shoes or boots, that also comes from live animals, also some of your handbags, you might not eat it but you people sure as hell wear it, so until all of you, and your spoke people stop wearing leather of any kind, and that also includes skins, then I’ll listen to YOU!

• arnaud

September 30, 2013 at 10:38 AM

stupid comment ! most of the people at peta don’t wear real leather.

• Dino

December 2, 2013 at 10:52 AM

You’re ignorant or just dumb. Maybe both. Good luck to you though.

3. fupharrell

September 30, 2013 at 9:10 AM

Oh Pharrell you look so dumb. What an arse you turned out to be. Can’t you see how stupid you look?

4. Charlotte

January 18, 2015 at 6:16 AM

All he has to do is see all those poor dogs crammed into lorries in china to be taken to horrifically skinned alive as it’s easier to get coat off , it’s a disgrace , avoid moncler jackets … Say no to fur I thought people were stating to wize up obviously not

5. Lucy

February 1, 2017 at 9:32 AM

I wonder how he would feel if he was told he was going to be skinned alive,
    Its just pure arrogance to wear something like that in this day must of wanted a reaction.
    What a sick attention seeker!

Exclusive: The Bullet Scars That Will Forever Haunt Sheryl Lee Ralph’s Son, Etienne Maurice

Sheryl Lee Ralph shared a graphic photo on Instagram earlier this week of her son, Etienne Maurice, laying in a hospital bed bandaged up from bullet wounds. The purpose of the image was to be yet another voice calling to end gun violence.

On Wednesday, students across the country walked out of class to protest against gun violence, something that hit home for Ralph four years ago. “This mother wants #gunreform now! #guncontrol now,” she wrote.

It was during a night out in West Philadelphia that Ralph’s then 22-year-old child was robbed at gunpoint and shot three times; twice in the leg and one which grazed his forehead.

So as Ralph joined Wednesday’s national conversation about gun laws, HipHollywood talked exclusively with Etienne who shared exactly what went down the night a gun could have taken his life for good.

“I was shot four years ago, November 9 … I was black out drunk. The next thing I know I remember I woke up in the hospital, doctor said I had two bullet holes in my leg and a grazed bullet hole above my eyebrow.”

Maurice, who was robbed for his iPhone and his wallet, went on to tell us that this is something that he is reminded of constantly. “Having been shot is something that I carry with me every day. I still have numbness at the bottom of my leg from the nerve damage.”

And while he will always remember how he felt knowing his life almost ended, Etienne had a hard time fathoming how his famous mother felt. “We had the conversation about it last week and she said she peed on herself,” he told us.

For Maurice, he’s proud to see young children use their voices to make change. “There’s so many angles where we can talk about gun violence and how it’s effecting different communities,” he said. “Gun reform needs to take place now.”

Since that night, he hasn’t picked up a drink and has been now sober for four years. As for the suspects, a father-son duo, they are behind bars for attempted man slaughter.