MUSIC

Is K. Michelle Using Social Media To Throw Shade At Tamar Braxton?

By  |

Did K. Michelle really throw shade at Tamar Braxton? In a tweet posted by Michelle on Tuesday, the singer allegedly addressed Tamar’s album sales, claiming that Braxton has been purchasing her own single.

The small Twitter feud kicked off when Braxton tweeted, “Da*n! I lost my wig,” after K. Michelle’s performance on 106th & Park.

In response, K. Michelle tweeted. “You didn’t lose your wig, Kermit snatched it. #Realtakwith.” She later wrote, “Rebel against muppets gone wild! No shade. Rebel against lip synching and buying ur own singles. Noshade.”

On Wednesday morning, Tamar took to Twitter to thank her fans for their support. “Really want 2 thank all of my #Tamartianfriends 4 being here 4 me ALWAYS! & 4sticking up 2 da bullies, liars&Haters! #Sept3is4u,” she tweeted.

Tamar’s album, Love and War drops September 3, and K. Michelle’s album Rebellious Soul is in stores now.

Sound off below: What do you think of the singers Twitter feud?

1. Valencia

August 15, 2013 at 9:41 AM

HA! There are plenty of music artist out here today buying their own single! K. Michelle probably doing the same thing too! She better knock it off! #OffHerLife

• vfocused

August 20, 2013 at 4:07 PM

K dont have that vincent herbert, I mean Gaga money. That is the money Tamar has , is and will live off of whether she sales a record or not as long as Gaga stays healthy and continues to make money (Gaga has lupus). K dont have it like that to buy her own record sales and if so then why isnt she platinum yet, if she was buying her own. K dont have to do that cus she has the talent and she is real not fake. Im not saying Tamar does not have skills cus she does but their styles are like Tamar says “Totally Different”lol. Tamar started this when she commented on K’s wig. K clapped back cus she deserves to sale records just as Tamar. Both need to stop it but Tamar needs to watch that mouth b4 she gets popped in it. Just sayin. Dont come for K. Sale some records and stop sounding like your sister first. You did that K! K won! This is a bad time right b4 Tamar comes out to b making possible fans mad. Get her Vince! Shut her down.

• vfocused

September 14, 2013 at 7:02 PM

…and another thing. Stop hiding behind Vince and be confident in what you are doing. Vince is Tamar manager I get that but that man got money to make elsewhere, with artist that are at least platinum, just saying. Tamar needs to earn the position of a diva b4 coming out the gate acting like one already. Raise your child and stop bullying other artist on twitter and the radio. You are ruining the brand you are trying to build, Tamar and you are losing fans running that mouth. Why are you so hateful to be even responding to anything. Stay out of other peoples business. If you dont think Memphitz abused K fine! Just bcus you and Toya are friends, you dont have to fight her battles and its not even hers. K and Memphitz are not even fighting now and you have made an enemy of someone you have never met and do not know. In the words of K “Shut up and sing~!” Dont come for K — she from Memphis Tenn. ” You run up , you get done up” leave K alone! Now Tamar go do some shopping with Vince, I mean Lady Gagas money and be happy. Team K all day~!

2. vgirl

August 15, 2013 at 7:22 PM

K Michelle’s career wont go far, she doesn’t get alone with anyone. She has an nasty attitude and she not a real friend to anyone. She likes to put her hands on people, someone is going to have her arrested or knock her out. She turns on all of her friends.

• Javonnie Beall

August 16, 2013 at 6:51 PM

I love K Michelle she’s real and keeps it real doesn’t try to be someone she’s not. I like Tamar too “get out your feelings” who are you to say K Michelle career isnt going to go far?? Singers/Artist are human too

3. shonna

August 15, 2013 at 9:16 PM

Team k michelle

4. Jessica L. Fields

August 16, 2013 at 6:35 PM

I love K Michelle for being herself despite what others think. I liked Tamar I mean I called myself a Tamartian however as a grown woman you can’t ever speak about someone else’s relationship Tamar Rasheeda and no one else can TRULY call K a liar they weren’t there I know plenty of people who treat their new partner better than the ex because they brought out the worse in each other that’s why they are EXs oh n for those that think K isn’t going to have a career I beg the difference she is talented and is singing about something with substance not just typical love songs plus she writes her own songs is a classically trained opera and pianist so I’m buying her albums she’s gonna expand her base as she grows Mary J did n when she came out she was considered radical

5. Trish O'Day

August 16, 2013 at 9:57 PM

I feel K. Michelle is being just down right ugly toward Tamar. I feel they should both just sit back and let the fans decided who is the better star, which when you look at it, Tamar is the one with 3 shows airing on television and just finished the culture list, had a baby boy, and now about to drop here album while joining john legend on tour. So you tell me which one of these girls or just seeking for attention.(K. Michelle)!!

• Tee Cee

August 19, 2013 at 12:09 PM

Obviously, u don’t know how things started.. Tamar B. started the whole thing.. If u ever been beaten on & outsiders say that u are lying, is a problem 4me.. I don’t blame K.Michelle for being just as she is, herself, and telling her Muppet looking *** how it is.. Don’t start nothing u can’t finish..

• vfocused

September 14, 2013 at 6:41 PM

Tamar is touring with John Legend but K is touring with R Kelly. K also will have 2 reality shows LHHNY and her own reality show by herself. K also has a son so why do you think anyone is doing any of this for attention. Tamar said on the radio that she was dropped by 5 record labels before now, wow with that attitude I wonder why? Tamar started all of this with putting her plastic nose in K and Memphitz business. These ladies dont even know each other and have never met. Tamar does not need to be coming for K. Tamar braggs about herself all day everyday but she still is worried about K. Michelle enuf that she keeps this stupid beef going. I like Tamar but I will not be buying her album bcus of her stank attitude and her big MOUTH! K tried to make peace with her and she still throwing shade. Vince you better shut that mouth up for someone pops her in it! She is getting a long list of celebrites that are not going to want to work with her. Tamar even came at Jill Scott! How are you gon beef with Jill Scott! Who does that but somebody thats hateful when they should be happy to be singing on the radio finally at 37 old. Child please!

6. Niecey

August 17, 2013 at 5:32 PM

Team Tamar!!!

7. Tee Cee

August 19, 2013 at 12:13 PM

I like Tamar songs but K.Michelle can sing her *** off.. I wish both of them the best of luck.. But if I had 2 predict, K.Michelle going to sell more copies & Tamar Muppet looking *** do lip synch.. I mean, look at her video, its obviously, entertainers all do but she bad at it

• rick brown

August 20, 2013 at 2:13 PM

team k. Michelle you go girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Tee Cee

August 20, 2013 at 8:07 PM

U already know;)

• rick brown

August 20, 2013 at 2:16 PM

Love Love me Some k. Michelle Sing Sing just don’t do lip synch thingy like you know who Beautiful voice.

• Citiboi

August 20, 2013 at 7:23 PM

Ummmmm you do realize that EVERYONE lip syncs in their music videos that’s the only way they can record scenes and edit them properly. ..

• Tee Cee

August 20, 2013 at 8:06 PM

Did u read my comment?? I said all entertainers, lip sync but Tamar was so obviously on her video.. Obviously she 4got the words or running behind one!$

8. KP

August 19, 2013 at 2:48 PM

k michelle will sing tamar under a table.. they both have horrible attitudes and i dont see anything for them long term

• rick brown

August 20, 2013 at 2:19 PM

Stop!!!!!!!!!!! Are you for real or are you just down right Dizzy?

9. AaronAntwan

August 20, 2013 at 3:43 AM

Away with them bitches… Im’a hold this kingdom and palace together, you heard me?

10. IG: rebellious_him

August 20, 2013 at 3:42 PM

Tamar started talking her shit first and got mad when it backfired. Cause they left I how my bitch K @’ed Tamar and she didn’t respond. Flat out Tamar can’t call anyone a bully when all she does is disrespect people who have never said or done anything to her! She’s picking with not only K. Michelle but on Nicki Minaj…..Joseline Hernandez…..and others who will BEAT HER ASS, now I like Tamar….but I LOVE K. MICHELLE! Flat out. And that’s just what it is. Tamar need to take her own advice, and have several seats. Period. #RebelliousSoul

• Tee Cee

August 20, 2013 at 8:09 PM

Finally, somebody that knows the story.

• IG: rebellious_him

August 21, 2013 at 9:58 AM

YES! Lol in my opinion, you must know the real story before you comment on anything lol. Tamar is friends with Toya….when he whole drama came about of Memphitz abusing K. Michelle, Tamar commented on the situation and disrespected K for NO reason, all because she friends with Toya. These so called “Christians” in the industry, on tv, and in the world period forget how to be real and help others they be so quick to judge and bash people who they barely even know! And it’s not right. I’m happy you agree with me…

• Tee Cee

August 21, 2013 at 10:07 AM

Even old *** Rasheeda put her 2 cent in, when they say, the only reason why she sided with Memphitz & Toya, is because she once was with Memphitz, & he threatening her to side with him or he is going to go public with their affair… I think Memphitz know not to F with Toya, she got 2 many brothers & Lil Wayne on her side.. A man is never the same with different women.. Just because he never hit Toya, doesn’t mean hr never hit K.Michelle..

• Shay

October 10, 2013 at 9:05 AM

lol K wouldnt even fight Rasheeda soooo lets not say she making noise and Joseline only jumps bad with certain people. Let’s be real. Joseline is wack and Nicki idk about her sometimes she decent but she aint wht everyone made her. ppl only liked the butt the same with k.

11. Robbie

September 10, 2013 at 5:07 AM

Im sorry but K Michell songs are terrible. . Who wrote those tacky lyrics??? She got a song saying “i just wanna f#%@!”…really K?? No better lyrics than that? Ratchet songs will nevere timeless. Tamar has a much better chance at longevity.

12. Jackie Mcgriff

September 26, 2013 at 7:25 AM

i love some k. michelle, tamar just mad cause she cant really hit no high notes, tamar just like her sisters she sang just like a man and mad cause her ass is flat and the only person who wants her is vince. k keep doin ur thing and fuck the haters we all know who are true artists and who lip syncs there shit. k is to real for ya bitches

• joh

February 2, 2014 at 6:36 PM

Umm…tamars range is way higher than k whatever…& toni is a legend. K whatever dreams every night that she can be like the braxtons. The only thing she has going for her is her ass which it’s just going to get uglier over time, she loss like a donkey & all her songs are rachet. She makes them for the girls that have 4 different baby daddies…no job…welfare project bitches like you. Lol

13. Luv Muzik

September 28, 2013 at 6:06 PM

Isn’t there enough room in music for both of them? Aren’t there enough people who listen and purchase music so that they both have fans, sell songs and make livings doing what they love to do? I say they’re both too old to lower themselves this way…FYI: All Artists Lip Sync their music at one point or another. Tamar sang live on her show, and she can sing….K Michelle also sang live on her show (she has skills too)! They’re talented, beautiful sisters who are enjoying success and while they each have loyal fans, EACH of them have publically demonstrated that they can be #TeamTooMuch at times. Move Forward Ladies and add “class” to your God given talents!

14. Faith_Workman

November 12, 2013 at 4:27 PM

VSOP is CLEARLY auto-tuned. It’s distracting.

15. #ImJusSayin

November 20, 2013 at 12:19 AM

Tamar voice is more classical then K…like K is good for those outbursting u hurt me n did me wrong type love songs but notice she cannot sing softly example Whitney Houston Monica n Toni braxton their songs r classical bekuz they don’t have to blow to sound good EVEN THO THEY ALL KAN BLOW…k has to blow on most her tracks bekuz that’s all she can do but tamar has that kind of voice that we heard in the 90’s(the golden age of r&b female singing…u know the suv’s, the envouge’s tlc destiny child tamia aaliyah etc)

16. Amar

November 22, 2013 at 11:29 PM

I think Tamar should not respond to any shade. She is too old for that. She is a mother and a wife to a very successful husband. Beautiful home and everything else money can by. She does not to be concerned what haters have to say. She is above that and should expect to thear things like that from people trying to get where she is.

17. JiJi

January 31, 2014 at 5:16 PM

Tamar was in the studio long before K. michelle could even figure out what her own damn talent was
    #GETYOLIFE

18. V.Ray All Day.Com

February 19, 2014 at 12:08 AM

Tamar has work hard and K Michelle need’s to grow up and get some sun shine and stay out the shade because it’s effecting her mind-da because she loss it.

19. TheBrandiva .

February 27, 2014 at 9:57 AM

I love them both. They’re both on my list of favorite vocalists. Both ladies can “sang”.
    I love their personalities…and their styles fit who they are individually. The tweet feud is what ppl do outside of twitter…hold their ground. You come for me…I’ll get you straight. I don’t know why the world gets so bent out of shape whenever there’s confrontation. There should be an expectation of…”When I open my mouth in regards to what someone else is doing…then I’m also opening the gate for criticism about what I’m doing”. If you can’t handle criticism…then don’t open your mouth in regards to others.