They’re Back! “BasketBall Wives” Season 5 Premieres August 19th

And then there was 5. After a tumultuous fourth season, full of catfights, bullying and bag stealing,  the ladies of Basketball Wives are back, but this time with a smaller circle.

VH1  announced today that Season 5 would be returning August 19th and based on the promo pics, they’ve finally let go of some cast members. But then again are we surprised?

Royce Reed, Keisha Nichols, Jennifer Williams and Kenya Bell have been cut from the cast and replaced by only one new wife, Tasha Marbury.

V_BWLA_SSN5_2_24_13_0633-RETOUCHED_covered

According to VH1, Marbury, who has been married to former NYC Knicks guard Stephon Marbury for 17 years, will be dealing with some of the scandalous rumors surrounding her marriage. Meanwhile, Evelyn will be making attempts at rebuilding her life after the violent altercation with her now ex-husband Chad Johnson. And if thats not enough, Season 5 will also witness the return of  a notorious wife from seasons past, a confrontation with a woman whose alleged relationship with a player puts one of the wives in an uncomfortable position, and another unforgettable turmoil-filled girls’ trip to London.

Oh boy! Basketball Wives Season 5 is set to premiere August 19 at 8PM.

1. BellaKnows

July 19, 2013 at 5:11 AM

I’m not here for another season of BBW. It got ridiculous last season, and I believe the length of time it took Vh1 to air this new season will be reflected in the ratings. Keeping Suzie, but letting other far more entertaining castmembers go was a shady move. I admit it started off good, (trashy though it was), but Tami Roman and Evelyn Lozada ruined it for me.

2. JRoc85

July 19, 2013 at 8:56 AM

The fact that they letb go of the CLASSIEST LADIES (Royce, Kesha, Kenya, & Jennifer) lets me know these heffa haven’t changed one bit!!!!!!!! If Tami & Evelyn had ANY SELF RESPECT, they would have left after last season!!!!!!!! Shaunie is nothing but a pimp, & these are her HOES (execpt for Tasha, cause I don’t know her)!!!!!!!!!!

3. donna

July 30, 2013 at 2:49 PM

This should NOT RETURN! DANG VH1, LISTEN TO YOUR VIEWERS PLEEEAAASSSEEE!

4. Quaylove

August 5, 2013 at 7:48 PM

If you don’t like the show why take the time out to comment…. Ppl love wasting time talking about someone who could give a rat’s ass about you….. Go write a essay & be creative & write a book…. Lame ppl

5. donna

August 5, 2013 at 9:38 PM

The last I heard this is THE U. S. OF A. WHERE YOU CAN SAY WHATEVER THE FUCK YOU WANT, And voice your opinions. Now if you want to watch Basketball wives, girlfriends, jumpoffs, baby mommas & side chicks? Go right ahead old girl. No one is stopping you. But if people want to comment about not liking this show? SO BE IT! How about that?

6. oldschool

August 12, 2013 at 10:39 AM

Chris. I am glad you are well and up on your feet don’t. Go back working to hard stay focus. God Bless you

7. Disappointed

September 9, 2013 at 6:38 PM

I have decided I can’t watch this new season. Shaunie is acting way too fake trying to keep the show on the air, and it’s become a hypocritical “Lets turn on Tami yet forget all of our own many, many faults.” And yes, I am commenting on my dislike of the show because its my opinion and right to make any comment I please on an open comment board. If the sight supervisors have an issue with it they will take it down.

8. Can't take no more

September 9, 2013 at 9:24 PM

It is very boring. I am tired of hearing about their problems

9. Angela Brown

September 23, 2013 at 6:08 PM

I agree 100% shaunie you wasted your money. Tami and Evelyn you miserable asses. Get a life. I hated this show. New lady You don’t need friends like them. True haters. Susie, a prayer is needed for old fake women. Sorry Brooklyn did meet your expectations. Ladies watch, TI and Tiny. Can’t take the show get off the air.

10. Angela Brown

September 23, 2013 at 6:13 PM

The show is not good model, for young ladies. What your self worth. Sad! Vh1 we had enough.

Watch: Halle Berry Issues Whiskey Challenge During ‘Kingsman’ Interview

Halle Berry proved she could hang with the fellas when she downed a glass of whiskey at Comic Con alongside her Kingsman: The Golden Circle co-stars. But don’t expect her to do that again.

“No more, no more,” she said after hilariously bolting from the room when we asked her if she’d drink another glass. “I will never [do it again], and no one lets me live down the fact that I did it either.”

According to Berry she was ill for three days after, but that didn’t stop her and Pedro Pascal from daring me to throw back a glass right before our interview.

Not one to turn down a challenge, I did it, and received a round of applause and high fives before preceding to discuss the duo’s roles and why they decided to join the cast of Kingsman.

“Matthew Vaughn’s version of these movies always interested me” explained Berry who is no stranger to spy flicks after starring in the James Bond film Die Another Day. “I was apart of the Bond series and I feel like this is similar but it’s also for the new generation.”

She continued, “Some of the elements are the same but I call it spy thriller 2.0, he takes it to the next level that no one else does right now.”

In the film Berry, Pascal, Jeff Bridges and Channing Tatum play members of the Statesmen – a U.S. Spy agency operating out of a Kentucky Bourbon distillery. Pascal told us he gained a newfound appreciation for men in suits, but still prefers his jeans.

“I play agent whiskey. I’m a southern gentlemen so I’m a little more buttoned up … I’m like the stateside version of those square pegs from across the pond,” he joked.

Kingsman: The Golden Circle hits theaters September 22.