They’re Back! “BasketBall Wives” Season 5 Premieres August 19th

And then there was 5. After a tumultuous fourth season, full of catfights, bullying and bag stealing,  the ladies of Basketball Wives are back, but this time with a smaller circle.

VH1  announced today that Season 5 would be returning August 19th and based on the promo pics, they’ve finally let go of some cast members. But then again are we surprised?

Royce Reed, Keisha Nichols, Jennifer Williams and Kenya Bell have been cut from the cast and replaced by only one new wife, Tasha Marbury.

V_BWLA_SSN5_2_24_13_0633-RETOUCHED_covered

According to VH1, Marbury, who has been married to former NYC Knicks guard Stephon Marbury for 17 years, will be dealing with some of the scandalous rumors surrounding her marriage. Meanwhile, Evelyn will be making attempts at rebuilding her life after the violent altercation with her now ex-husband Chad Johnson. And if thats not enough, Season 5 will also witness the return of  a notorious wife from seasons past, a confrontation with a woman whose alleged relationship with a player puts one of the wives in an uncomfortable position, and another unforgettable turmoil-filled girls’ trip to London.

Oh boy! Basketball Wives Season 5 is set to premiere August 19 at 8PM.

1. BellaKnows

July 19, 2013 at 5:11 AM

I’m not here for another season of BBW. It got ridiculous last season, and I believe the length of time it took Vh1 to air this new season will be reflected in the ratings. Keeping Suzie, but letting other far more entertaining castmembers go was a shady move. I admit it started off good, (trashy though it was), but Tami Roman and Evelyn Lozada ruined it for me.

2. JRoc85

July 19, 2013 at 8:56 AM

The fact that they letb go of the CLASSIEST LADIES (Royce, Kesha, Kenya, & Jennifer) lets me know these heffa haven’t changed one bit!!!!!!!! If Tami & Evelyn had ANY SELF RESPECT, they would have left after last season!!!!!!!! Shaunie is nothing but a pimp, & these are her HOES (execpt for Tasha, cause I don’t know her)!!!!!!!!!!

3. donna

July 30, 2013 at 2:49 PM

This should NOT RETURN! DANG VH1, LISTEN TO YOUR VIEWERS PLEEEAAASSSEEE!

4. Quaylove

August 5, 2013 at 7:48 PM

If you don’t like the show why take the time out to comment…. Ppl love wasting time talking about someone who could give a rat’s ass about you….. Go write a essay & be creative & write a book…. Lame ppl

5. donna

August 5, 2013 at 9:38 PM

The last I heard this is THE U. S. OF A. WHERE YOU CAN SAY WHATEVER THE FUCK YOU WANT, And voice your opinions. Now if you want to watch Basketball wives, girlfriends, jumpoffs, baby mommas & side chicks? Go right ahead old girl. No one is stopping you. But if people want to comment about not liking this show? SO BE IT! How about that?

6. oldschool

August 12, 2013 at 10:39 AM

Chris. I am glad you are well and up on your feet don’t. Go back working to hard stay focus. God Bless you

7. Disappointed

September 9, 2013 at 6:38 PM

I have decided I can’t watch this new season. Shaunie is acting way too fake trying to keep the show on the air, and it’s become a hypocritical “Lets turn on Tami yet forget all of our own many, many faults.” And yes, I am commenting on my dislike of the show because its my opinion and right to make any comment I please on an open comment board. If the sight supervisors have an issue with it they will take it down.

8. Can't take no more

September 9, 2013 at 9:24 PM

It is very boring. I am tired of hearing about their problems

9. Angela Brown

September 23, 2013 at 6:08 PM

I agree 100% shaunie you wasted your money. Tami and Evelyn you miserable asses. Get a life. I hated this show. New lady You don’t need friends like them. True haters. Susie, a prayer is needed for old fake women. Sorry Brooklyn did meet your expectations. Ladies watch, TI and Tiny. Can’t take the show get off the air.

10. Angela Brown

September 23, 2013 at 6:13 PM

The show is not good model, for young ladies. What your self worth. Sad! Vh1 we had enough.

Cocktails & Coins! Inside Aisha Tyler’s Wild Life After Divorce & Departure From ‘The Talk’

Aisha Tyler went through a few MAJOR life changes over the past two years and now, the actress is back on top living life to the fullest.

In 2016, Tyler’s college love and husband of 20 years, Jeff Tietjens, filed for divorce from the actress. As if that weren’t an emotional challenge to overcome, Tyler was then ordered to pay Tietjens $31,250 a month in spousal support for the next four years, plus a lump sum of $500k.

Following the emotional split, Tyler’s career then took a big turn when she walked away from CBS’s The Talk. Just eight months ago, the actress left the show to pursue other passions. “I also have three other series (Criminal Minds, hosting Whose Line Is It Anyway? and voicing a character on Archer),” the actress said during the big announcement. “People always go, ‘How do you do all that?’ And I don’t always have an answer.”

While it might sound like Tyler’s woes and 360 of a life might seem completely damaging, it all turned for the better. “The unknown can be very compelling and can be interesting. Instead of thinking about it as change, think about it as dynamism,” she told HipHollywood during the screening of Dwyane Wade’s, Shot in the Dark.

She explained, “You can’t stay the same, your life can’t stay the same. Staying the same is staying in place and staying in place is dying slowly. For me, I always reminded myself I’m not always going to feel this way, it’s not always going to be this tuff.”

“You cannot get through this experience on this planet without a little bit of pain and you need to know that and see that it’s temporary,” Aisha said. “My life is so interesting now and it wouldn’t have been without going through the stuff that I’ve been through. It’s been good for me; all this change.”

The actress is not only the star of some major network shows, but she also is about to launch her new cocktail line, Courage and Stone. “It’s been a really really exciting process,” she told us. “It really came out of my love of cocktails, my love of going to great bars and then going home and being like ‘I don’t know how to do all this.'”

Tyler then admitted that she was a whiskey girl at heart and that when she left the Talk “Julie Chen put me in a whiskey of the month club. She she’s doubled my collection in the last couple of months.”

Set to releae late spring early summer 2018.