Chris Tucker’s Slammed For “Horrible” Hosting At BET Awards

By  |

Chris Tucker disappointed a lot of fans on Sunday night with what’s being described as a lackadaisical job hosting the BET Awards show. The comedian was at best, chuckle funny, but never reached the level of hilarity one would expect from the Friday star.

Outside of a Michael Jackson impersonation, Tucker failed to live up to expectations and those watching the show let him have it on Twitter.

• “D*mn, Chris Tucker did horrible hosting the awards,” one fan wrote.
  • “Also, let it be known that if I wanted to see Chris Tucker’s standup before this show, well now I don’t. #OppositeEffect,” another Twitter user shared.
  • “Chris Tucker left his humor in rehab!” a viewer joked.
  • “Anybody got the details on where they holding the memorial for Chris Tucker’s comedy career? I was gonna airbrush a couple of tees,” a fan added.

After being hammered, one of Chris’ peers, comedian Mike Epps, came to the star’s defense, tweeting:

“Respect to Chris Tucker it’s hard to do live TV and hosting an award TV show. #BETAwards2013.”

True story, but we’re sure Tucker was paid handsomely to do more than an average job hosting. Did you watch the show? What did you think?

1. Lakesha Camiel

July 1, 2013 at 1:44 PM

He sucked ass!

• DatBoyStunna

July 1, 2013 at 2:03 PM

And you suck DICK. Chris did great btw.

• alex

July 1, 2013 at 2:37 PM

not as much dick as your mom took in her purple clitoris

• Johnny Trotman

July 3, 2013 at 8:50 AM

a clitoris can take dick?

• Lakesha Camiel

July 2, 2013 at 4:25 AM

Opinions are like assholes…everyone has them. Obviously your definition of funny & mine are two different things….carry on Dick eater.

• Arthur Miller

July 4, 2013 at 2:11 PM

Yeah what HE said!!

2. DatBoyStunna

July 1, 2013 at 2:05 PM

All this article did was post the bad tweets a couple of nobodies posted. More than half the people on twitter was cracking up at this guys jokes so don’t try and act like people are slamming Tucker. The same idiots who posted those lame insults are the same ones who thought Kevin Hart screaming “Turn Up” was funny. Corny ass new generation, that’s all.

3. midnight

July 1, 2013 at 3:43 PM

was so dispointed with chris tucker what happened? He use to be so funny don’t know what happened he looked like he didn’t know what he was doing or what to do it was bad every time he tried to be funny he bombed! Hope he makes a come back soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. me

July 1, 2013 at 6:27 PM

that wasn’t so bad…

5. Jarian

July 2, 2013 at 3:56 PM

6. Max

July 2, 2013 at 3:58 PM

I believe that Chris Tucker was a great host at the BET Awards he was very funny make jokes and did an Michael Jackson impersonation which was tight I don’t know why all of you haters are hating on him, y’all just jealous. You weakass mothafuckin cock sucking bitch made haters. God how I hate all of you haters.

7. kimj

July 2, 2013 at 8:24 PM

I’m watching now and he was horrid. He was anxious, seemed like he didn’t have any jokes prepared and kept telling the audience what was happening behind the scenes. If he wasn’t prepared, he shouldn’t have accepted the job.

8. Kay

July 2, 2013 at 8:31 PM

I enjoyed chris hosting the bet awards I believe people are so hard because it wasn’t like Kevin harts but the hosting is going to be different so you know stop bashing….

9. ahwayzcool

July 2, 2013 at 8:37 PM

I like Chris Tucker but he wasn’t that funny to me hosting the show. He’s been gone from the spotlight for awhile so maybe he was somewhat rusty.

10. TrillTroll #DislikeSquad

July 3, 2013 at 7:31 PM

***crickets***

• Arthur Miller

July 4, 2013 at 2:10 PM

So….I take it your silence means you wish you had his money?? Go chirp on that. #ChrisAintThinkingAboutYou

• TrillTroll #DislikeSquad

July 10, 2013 at 12:11 AM

typical comment from a broke mf lol money dont buy happiness kid and i dont know what money cuz reports saying he is going broke so no i dont wish i had his money… and stop hash tagging lol #thisainttwitteryoufag

• AlmightyTreezus

May 26, 2016 at 7:40 PM

my mans aint never going broke, lame fuck boy soft as butter ass bitch.

11. Arthur Miller

July 4, 2013 at 2:08 PM

Leave Chris alone. The man is making his money and THAT’s all that counts! The man is 40 years ago, it’s called maturity!!! #GoFallOnYourFacesPeople

12. 1vanity

July 6, 2013 at 7:51 PM

His hosting was not any better than the show it self. I caught the show late and thought I had missed something. NOT!!! Big shout out to Chris still loving him.

13. Jmerrill

July 9, 2013 at 4:23 AM

It wasn’t the best but give em a break he was way better than Sammuel Jackson and please don’t say Kevin Hart because he really is not funny they should have Lavel Crawford next year he real funny

14. C-Hundreds Calico Woods

July 11, 2013 at 9:37 AM

In my opinion Chris didn’t do all that good!! To me it seemed like he was stalling time till the next act was ready. Now I did laugh at the Michael Jackson joke cuz I could see it happening in my head…lol Me personally I want Chris Tucker to make a come but not at the expense of his on people, (Black People). The movie game is about making good movies and good money (20 million a film money) And without the movie FRIDAY he would have never achieved the statutes that he made it too. He got Big Headed plan and simple and all of sudden he don’t wanna make those type of movies no more.. Now he’s broke people start feeling sorry for him like we do when one of us at the top falls we all pull together and support him. But giving a half ass performance when your getting paid to go hard is not cool. CHRIS!!! step ya GAME up, hire some Writers get ya mind right and call Ice Cube and be the bigger man and apologize for the way you been acting and except the role in the LAST FRIDAY!!!

15. JAMESBURKS

July 11, 2013 at 8:05 PM

Man I am finally watching the BET Award and people are jus hating on Chris Tucker , that dude is funny and it aint that he did a sub par job they set the bar high like he had have punch line after punch line. Look STOP HATING HATERS CHRIS TUCKER DID THE DAMN THING.

• nillacreme

July 31, 2013 at 7:50 AM

I agree. Chris did a good job and any REAL Chris Tucker fan would appreciate his efforts.

16. Kee kee

December 22, 2013 at 5:36 PM

People need to realize it wasn’t a comedy show it was an award show. So stop hating he did what he was suppose to do and that was host the award show. I enjoyed it!

• mrsleggett