MUSIC

Iggy Azalea Explains Nicki Minaj Diss

Rapper Iggy Azalea is taking to Twitter to smother a feud ignited between she and Nicki Minaj over comments she made about the rapper. Back in June 2010, Iggy dissed Minaj after watching her perform on BET.

“LMAO at Nikki saying she did the BET Awards live. Errrr. If you say so girl.”

Someone retweeted the dated message, making it appear new and drawing Minaj’s attention to it. Once Minaj saw it, she fired her own shots at Iggy, writing:

“Laughing at sh*t u can’t even do … study dat formula … cornball … LMFAO.”

In response, Iggy posted this lenghty message on Twitter explaining things:

“Listen. I see a trend on Twitter in the last week that involves people retweeting artists old tweets. I’m talking OLD, done and dusted a** ones. And while I know most artists are gonna go the silent route and ignore that it’s happening, I’m going to talk to you even though I know the people who get hype off the whole thing are immature anyhow. But hear goes: YES. I have an opinion. And NO, even when I’m a fan of someone it doesn’t mean I like EVERY THING THAT THEY do.

There was once a time when I could crack jokes, talk about TV shows or whose record I hate and whose I loved etc. on Twitter. I can’t do that now. In part because you guys would make life a nightmare and in part because it would just be unprofessional.

But remember there was a time when my Twitter was just for my friends and family to see. Just like yours probably is now. Anyhow – to me, I feel like what you guys are doing is really unfair. That’s my opinion. Right now in 2013.”

Well everyone is entitled to an opinion, but no one put words in your mouth, Iggy. They are your tweets, even if they are dated.

1. Rob

June 25, 2013 at 6:04 PM

Iggy’s replies made sense. Who the else digs up 3 year old tweets from these newcomers anyway? Get a life. 😡

2. Gabriel

June 25, 2013 at 6:45 PM

Fuck this trashy hoe nikki minaj. She’s an embarassment to the female rap movement, everything that she’s doing Lil’ Kim already did. At least Azalea is an original artist.

• stunin gal

July 7, 2014 at 3:25 PM

hahaha…..lol u gat it men thats it…. nikki is a hoe

• Kennechols

July 8, 2014 at 1:15 AM

She is far from orignal. She doesn’t write her own music, she has other people do it. Nicki Minaj writes her own music from how she feels.

3. Troubled

June 26, 2013 at 9:30 AM

I can completely understand why seeing this statement would upset Nicki. I have seen video footage where she discusses how much she had prepared for that BET performance, and it hurt her to have people say that she lip-synched. I wonder though, is the term “cornball” intended in a racist way?

• Truth

July 3, 2014 at 5:25 PM

What’s racist about calling someone a cornball?? Stop reaching for stuff. You’re no better than the people re-posting old tweets.

4. Sahirra

June 25, 2014 at 9:39 PM

Iggy shouldn’t said that comment and Nicki rite iggy is not on her level.

5. Pingback: Nicki Minaj vs. Iggy Azalea! Video Of BET Awards Speech Slams Rappers Who Don’t Write Their Own Lyrics (VIDEO) | ratermob

6. The Truth

July 1, 2014 at 12:19 PM

Listen Up! Nicki Minaj makes perfect sense! She is basically saying that she is original and she aint using other people’s help to do her music! She does her music on her own, and for Iggy to be having other people to help her and then she gone try to talk about her, that aint cool and Iggy cant say nothing because she is the fake one! Just saying! Nicki Minaj is right, and Iggy cant get mad because Nicki Minaj is original. Point Blank!

• Kennechols

July 8, 2014 at 1:13 AM

So true. I agree with u the whole way.

7. dehyor

September 25, 2014 at 11:37 AM

iggy stop comparing ur self to niki minaj.you are not niki minaj , minaj is the best you cant just com from god knows were n say u wanna be a star gosh ur voice is fucking borin u thnk makin that fake ass wil make ppl to like u well no go n shit in the air ok

8. rrrgggggggewfwwwww

October 16, 2014 at 9:02 AM

u sound so stupid dehoyer who ever u bee

MUSIC

Chris Graham Reveals Best Advice Cousin Drake Has Given Him

There’s a new member to the OVO Sound family. Drake’s Toronto-based label is expanding it’s roster, and this time the new addition is actually family.

Drizzy has signed his first cousin Christopher “Royalty” Graham to OVO.

If you couldn’t tell from the last name, the Memphis-bred rapper is actually blood-related. His father and Drake’s dad, Dennis Graham, are brothers, and it’s safe to say music definitely runs through their genes.

We caught up with the new signee, who now just goes by the stage name Chris Graham, at the 2017 American Music Award’s about his upcoming project, who’s a better singer him or Drake, and the best advice his big cousin has given him.