MUSIC

Man Arrested In Shooting Death Of Trina’s Brother, Wilbrent Bain

By  |

A 27-year-old man has been arrested in connection with the shooting death of Wilbrent Bain, brother of Florida rapper Trina. Bain was shot and killed in Miami on Tuesday morning, but by Tuesday night, authorities already had a suspect in custody.

Bain, who goes by the moniker “Gonk”, was friends with the man accused of killing him, Ron Dobson. According to authorities, the two men had an on-going dispute that ended with Dobson shooting Bain multiple times.

Dobson confessed to his involvement in his friend’s death after being read his Miranda rights, a police affidavit reveals. HipHollywood was able to obtain the mug shot of the suspect.

Mug Shot

Celebrities like Monica have taken to Twitter to send their condolences to Trina over her loss.

“Sending prayers, hugs and an abundance of love to my dear friend @trinarockstarr & her family. I love you,” Monica wrote.

Dobson is currently being held in jail with no bond.

1. JRoc85

April 24, 2013 at 10:15 AM

My sincerest condolescenes to Trina & her family during this painful time!!!!!!

2. Latony

April 24, 2013 at 2:06 PM

My condolences to Trina and her family. I know first hand what you all are going through. My 17 y.o. was shot and killed this past September and it’s still too much for me to comprehend. May God comfort you all in this time of darkness and may justice prevail.

3. roylanda

April 24, 2013 at 8:13 PM

Trina you and your family are in my prayers.

4. trey

April 27, 2013 at 8:04 AM

Free ron man ron dont mess with nobody man he a good person

5. moe

April 29, 2013 at 2:58 PM

Unless you are defending your self when your life is in danger you have no right to go and murder somebody for a dumb dispute man what’s wrong with people nowadays man no remorse no nothing just go straight to killing. Idk what was the situation between them both but instead of murder they could of talked it out and handled it like men not by one killing another because that didn’t solve anything.

6. kita