Exclusive: Miss Robbie Shades Son Tim Over “Sweetie Pie’s” Lawsuit!

By  |

They may be embroiled in a lawsuit, but they’re still mother and son.

Hearts were broken and tears were shed when news broke that Miss Robbie was suing her son Tim over the wildly successful “Sweetie Pie’s” restaurants. Fans were hoping this wasn’t yet another example of reality TV breaking up a happy family. Luckily, that’s not the case … even though the lawsuit is still full steam ahead.

Tim, who helps his mom run the restaurants, is trying to strike while the iron is hot and open as many locations as he can. But, Miss Robbie, who created the popular eatery, is trying to block her son from doing too much, too soon. Thus, the lawsuit. “We haven’t really moved past it; it’s still happening,” Miss Robbie told HipHollywood during the “Welcome To Sweetie Pie’s” press day, “I can’t stop him from being my son, but I can beat him up about that other stuff.” Tim playfully chimed in saying, “We’re still fussing with each other.”

And even though they’re still “fussing” at each other, the duo is hopeful that they will come to a mutual understanding. “We just got to get on the same page about that other stuff, that’s all that is. I’m hoping we work that out,” Miss Robbie stated.

Yes, we’re hoping the same thing, too! You can see Tim and Miss Robbie navigate their business differences when Welcome to Sweetie Pieโ€™s returns Saturday, November 19th at 9pm/8c on OWN.

1. Trina Byrd

December 27, 2016 at 7:13 AM

They are both right. I’ve been in business for 30 years and wish I had a family member this driven. As an experienced business owner i know they will work it out because they both have the ingredients for success. Tim has the vision and the drive to go to the next level and Ms. Robbie has the wisdom and the control. They both realize that nothing will separate them and they will work it out. The legal documents are the best way to resolve it that way each will have agreed to follow the contract!

2. Miriam

January 10, 2017 at 7:35 PM

Tim has to maintain the integrity of Robbie’s brand and he isn’t. I’ve been to both restaurants NoHo and Inglewood several times hoping food would get better. It has not. He needs to stop opening up and focus on the quality of the food. In Inglewood, that food is not going to fly. This ain’t NoHo this the Wood and that nice restaurant will be sitting there with no one but the staff. If he wants success, he better get that food together. Better ask somebody?

3. Yvette nowell

January 14, 2017 at 8:20 PM

I’m writing to ask if possible can you put a sweetie pies in Minneapolis Minnesotawe have no soul food restaurants out here.

4. Cynthia

January 14, 2017 at 11:32 PM

I think Tim lacks management skills. All of last year, his employees have been asking for a raise. Tim refuse to address the subject. One of his employees came out of the resturant and asked me, why didn’t I leave a tip. The Mac n Cheese was luke warm, the cornbread was cold. The peach cobbler was so so. I was very disappointed, after being a fan, from their first show. It seem like the best resturant is the ” Upper Crust”. By the way I gave the girl a tip, since she came at me like she did . Slow your roll Tim. You already got the Sweetie Pies sign hanging on a empty building on ” Beake Street in Memphis.What good is it to have all of these Resturants and the food isn’t good. Bad food will kill a resturant !!!

• Jacquelyn

January 21, 2017 at 6:19 PM

My experience at Sweetie Pie in St. Louis, Mo. was not great. Someone forgot to season the chicken. The fish was edible but I had better soul food in Chicago. Sweetie Pie would not survive in Chicago.

Jacquelyn

5. Mel

January 20, 2017 at 3:53 AM

Miss Robbie is right. Quality of the food is more important. If you open too many restaurantstudents, then you will be competing against yourself. There is plenty of good food out there.

6. Bertha

January 21, 2017 at 7:52 PM

Miss Robbie is doing the right thing. Tim is doing too much. He’s a terrible boss the employees at Noho should all be fired therye loud, disrespectful, unorganized. My girlfriend lives in L.A. she said the food is horrible. Tim needs to work on his staff and food before he opens up another restaurant. And don’t let me forget Charles he thinks he’s intitled. MissRobbie owes your lazy ,disrespectful A.. nothing you should have been fired with your ghetto, loud bad wig wearing friend.Tim please don’t mess up your moms good name with your poor decisions and nasty food

7. Mrs Sqrl

January 22, 2017 at 12:36 AM

That is why Miss Robbie sued him. He isn’t paying attention to,detail. She knows it’s better to have one restaurant that is good than to have a dozen that are bad. Cynthia, your post just proved her case

8. Zina

January 22, 2017 at 12:16 PM

I do not understand why Tim thinks he can just change the name & keep it moving. Those Resturant were built under Miz Robbie’s brand & more importantly with her money. Even Tim has said Mom see how I have spent your money. All I have heard her say on the show is talk to me Tim. In addition based on the comments here the food is suffering. Just stop. Do not do this to your mother. This is sad. Oh just because you work somewhere do not mean you can just go and open an establishment under the name. That statement do not makes sense. Stop it Tim talk to your mama.

9. Vernassa Williams

January 22, 2017 at 6:08 PM

Ms. Robbie Sweetie pies was awesome everything was excellent including the service.
    Tim I’m a businesswomen like your mom.
    I see your vision, you gotta see and understand your mom.
    You guys have arrived long ago. I’m hoping you read this with a different understanding
    Allow your heart to receive this with love.
    The devil is busy, he loves our black successfully blessed families to argue, fall, and separate. You and your mom go somewhere maybe a short trip, rekindle that trust and relationship. Don’t allow it to fall for nothing. Slow down just a little, make a home office then go pay for something else.
    I love you all and as I watch, and read this tears rolled down my face. You have come to far to be deceived. I wish nothing but BLESSING’S to you all. The food is awesome the service was awesome don’t let the devil have his way. Go fix it..love on your mom. Mother’s intentions is to pave the way for our children, grandchildren, and families.
    Fix it then text me a thumbs up..
    I got nothing but love for everyone, I hope this reaches you and your mom..she one helll of a leader for women..peace,.love and more BLESSING’S

10. SBryant

January 25, 2017 at 7:06 PM

I love watching Sweetie Pies. Ms Robbie have every right to have her words heard & obeyed by Tim. She has built that restaurant & Tim needs to respect her. She’s not saying don’t open any, she’s saying don’t open so many. In any partnership, you involve your partner. Tim seems to forget that & his behavior can harm the business. I personally prefer quality over quantity.
    Furthermore, Tim must understand that he wouldn’t have a chance in this world being a convict. He would NOT have the fame or name without his mom. In fact, the bank would of NEVER gave him an opportunity because of his background (prison). He must remember, his mom paid her dues & Tim gas to as well. Obedience is better than sacrifice.

Without Ms Robbie, the business would fail!

I hope Tim gets his head straight because knows him & everybody loves Ms Robbie

11. SBryant

January 25, 2017 at 7:10 PM

I like them both & want it to work out! They are amazing family!
    I do believe in second chances!

12. Jennifer

January 30, 2017 at 6:49 AM

I really like watching sweetie pies i thi n k tim is doi g great considerating wgat he has been through at such a early age keep up the good work but you must respect your mother if she want you to check with her before you make a move then you should do it after all it is her brand but i think you are an amazing person w ith a hard drive but listen to your mom

13. Antonio

January 31, 2017 at 4:14 PM

I’m glad Ms. Robbie is suing him. He’s so arrogant! Respect your mother! If it wasn’t for her you wouldn’t have ever had a second chance. Grow up!

14. Denise Beverly

February 7, 2017 at 4:00 PM

Tim I understand that you what Sweetie Pie Restaurant over but you need to slow down on the buying and check your books and make sure you’re making more money than product you are buying in all you store’s . I know you have probably done that but you need to CHECK YOUR SELF YOU ONLY HAVE ONE (1) M A M A. THINK… GOD BLESS