Chris Brown Donates Reebok Sneakers To South L.A. Youth

It looks like Chris Brown is really serious about unifying gangs in Los Angeles.  On Saturday, July 6th, Brown gave out over 3,000 Reebok sneakers to youth in South L.A. as part of his “WE US: Walk Everywhere in Unity’s Shoes.”

Brown visited neighborhoods in Compton and The Jungles housing projects in Los Angeles to personally give out 1,000 sneakers at each  site, in an effort to remind young people that whenever and wherever they walk, they are a united community.
After the event Brown tweeted ” Thank you for allowing me to continue to inspire change in the world. Today was a great step forward! #UnityCampaign
Earlier this summer Brown announced that he was on a mission to unify gangs in Los Angeles and made that the focal point of his video “Don’t Think They Know” featuring the late singer Aaliyah. Now, as part of his Unity Campaign, Brown is working in cooperation with the  L.A. City Mayors Office and the local gang reduction organizations to continue inspiring change in South Central LA.

Late last year Brown also  launched his Symphonic Love Foundation and has worked closely with the Jenesse Center Domestic Violence Intervention Program which has helped more than 5,000 families break the cycle of violence.

1. Amanda

July 7, 2013 at 4:16 PM

This is beautiful. Finally something positive.

2. Roy

July 9, 2013 at 10:04 PM

Chris Brown does very positive things for his community but some how this doesn’t seem to make the headlines.

3. Hanna

July 10, 2013 at 3:25 AM

Good deeds! This is the kind of news we want to read – not about opportunistic people wanting him arrested or his non-famous groupies/girlfriends. I am happy for the youths who are benefiting from this.

4. GoldenBoy

July 10, 2013 at 4:01 AM

He ain’t go to Compton and gave shoes out. He only went to Crenshaw.

That music video he didn’t unite Bloods and Crips. He had them on separate scenes never ever in the same place at the same time. So I didn’t see any unity only more separation. CB is full of it and only using this for his own selfish reasons to get people to buy into this crap.

This is embarrassing and fake!

• Ryan

July 10, 2013 at 4:37 AM

I laughed at this comment for a good five minutes, honestly, you’re a hilariously deluded tard. You barely even UNDERSTAND the concept of the music video and are now commenting on a person you know nothing of? What’s embarrassing, fake, and foolish my dear friend, is your cringe worthy comment.
      Try again. Maybe next time you’ll be successful in trash-talking artists.
      😉

5. LAWomen

July 10, 2013 at 4:08 AM

Chris Brown reaching! He got court on July 15. We will see if the judge thinks he is doing good enough. I don’t care how nice this must be because he only doing this to lighten his image to the courts. If he wasn’t getting in trouble I doubt he would be doing any charity work.

• Ryan

July 10, 2013 at 4:38 AM

Erm charity work doesn’t affect anything inside the courts. Idiots these days. Stick to what you know.

6. Positivity

July 10, 2013 at 4:21 AM

Chris don’t give a F about anyone but himself.

• Ryan

July 10, 2013 at 4:38 AM

Your comment and your username are so ironic it baffles me.

7. Beautiful diva

July 10, 2013 at 4:30 AM

Aaliyah must be rolling in her grave for that song. He used her vocals and forced himself on that song. Personally I think he should’ve kept her off his unity campaign. it makes things worse when the lyrics on the song have nothing to do with the unity message he keeps trying to promote. Giving out 3,000 shoes and he still deserves to be in jail.

• Ryan

July 10, 2013 at 4:34 AM

People like you don’t deserve to live. You’re scum.

• Mechanical Genius!

July 10, 2013 at 8:43 PM

I know who you are Ryan and your name ain’t Ryan. The only person who doesn’t deserve anything is CB and the people like you who work for such an asshole. Don’t act like God. You don’t have the power to even consider who should be dead or alive! YBAN!!!

8. Amanda

July 10, 2013 at 1:25 PM

Good Job Chris Brown! Keep the music alive and continue to share with others in need. This is great news. As much as I can wish he had aligned himself with the powerful Rihanna, realize he is getting older and he will regret losing her in the future to a mature man – my wishes are irrelevant. Whatever makes him happy – we must accept and appreciate the gratitute he shows.

9. serge jean richard

July 10, 2013 at 2:04 PM

Crazy people think always negativ about CHRIS but they don’t know Christopher because in general CHris has a big Heart, Fucking CHRISTOPHER’S HATERS POINT OUT !

• Your mom's Pussy is wet

July 10, 2013 at 8:48 PM

You don’t know Chris Brown. You never hung out with him. You need to go back and delete this post because you don’t know what what the heck you talking about.

Also people have the right to love or to hate. And this man hasn’t been a saint, I know what he has done happen years ago but he continues to keep himself in the negative. Always in trouble.

10. serge jean richard

July 10, 2013 at 2:10 PM

We love our brotha CHRISTOPHER MAURICE BROWN , be inspired and help when you can the kids out part of Los Angeles, we will support you in that way brotha CHRISTOPHER !

11. vkdee

July 10, 2013 at 5:56 PM

Love you Chris, wonderful job you’re doing inspiring our youth in a positive way. I’m with you all the way!

Watch: Halle Berry Issues Whiskey Challenge During ‘Kingsman’ Interview

Halle Berry proved she could hang with the fellas when she downed a glass of whiskey at Comic Con alongside her Kingsman: The Golden Circle co-stars. But don’t expect her to do that again.

“No more, no more,” she said after hilariously bolting from the room when we asked her if she’d drink another glass. “I will never [do it again], and no one lets me live down the fact that I did it either.”

According to Berry she was ill for three days after, but that didn’t stop her and Pedro Pascal from daring me to throw back a glass right before our interview.

Not one to turn down a challenge, I did it, and received a round of applause and high fives before preceding to discuss the duo’s roles and why they decided to join the cast of Kingsman.

“Matthew Vaughn’s version of these movies always interested me” explained Berry who is no stranger to spy flicks after starring in the James Bond film Die Another Day. “I was apart of the Bond series and I feel like this is similar but it’s also for the new generation.”

She continued, “Some of the elements are the same but I call it spy thriller 2.0, he takes it to the next level that no one else does right now.”

In the film Berry, Pascal, Jeff Bridges and Channing Tatum play members of the Statesmen – a U.S. Spy agency operating out of a Kentucky Bourbon distillery. Pascal told us he gained a newfound appreciation for men in suits, but still prefers his jeans.

“I play agent whiskey. I’m a southern gentlemen so I’m a little more buttoned up … I’m like the stateside version of those square pegs from across the pond,” he joked.

Kingsman: The Golden Circle hits theaters September 22.